Ken Berger Interview on Houston Sportstalk Radio

PatsFanTX

The local sportstalk radio (610 AM) has been doing interviews for the past week with beat writers of all the other NFL teams.

They had Ken Berger on tonight. Really haven't read much about him but I thought he was pretty good and offered some good insights.

Here's a brief recap:

PennyBoy's Shoulder: Berger says it will not be an issue whatsoever. He said the biggest indicator is PennyBoy is now throwing "pain free" with no soreness after games/practices.

PennyBoy's biggest challenge: He said PennyBoy is having a very difficult time grasping Dinger's nbew offense. Said he is being asked to do things that he hasn't done since college. Said Dinger's offense is very complex with very little room for error. Said he expects the Jets offense to struggle for the first 4-6 games.

Abraham:Said no way he will be the All Pro player that he is for several weeks. Said the first few games he expects Abe to only play in obvious passing situations. Said the Jets handled his situation very well.

CuMar: Said everytime he writes him off, CuMar makes him eat his words. Said no way he will write him off this year, even at 32 years old.

Jets chance in the AFCE: Said the Pats are the team to beat and have less question marks then the Jets. In order for Jets to win AFCE, PennyBoy, CuMar, Coles, Abe, Vilma need to have All-Pro type seasons. Said the Jets brutal schedule down the stretch works to their advatage as he feels the offense will start slowly. Said "we'll really see what the Jets are made of come December".

All in all, I thought it was a pretty good interview. What's your guys take on Ken Berger?

Berger is actually pretty good, but a little boring. Not a real sensaational guy, as I'm sure you could tell. Interesting stuff, though. Thanks Tx.

I agree TS.

But he was adamant (and he was presses by the hosts pretty good) on PennyBoy's shoulder being fine.

And also his problems grasping the offense.

Other then one line, did you see quotations marks anywhere in my post?

Friggn' math teachers. :shock:

okey dokey... i will assume from now on that all your words are your own unless i see "quotations" ..

thanx 4 da englesh leson Txs :roll:

Cant remember any teams which implemented new offenses last season as a point of reference on how long it took before the QB/team grasped it.

Shelter,

One of the key points Berger made was that it is much more difficult to go from a WCO to Dinger's offense then vice versa.

He alluded that if PennyBoy came into the NFL under Dinger's offense instead of Hackett's, that he would be a more productive QB over the long haul.

Pure conjecture and speculation on his part, but it could very well be a valid point.

Mind expanding on the point you are trying to make.

Like the majority of your posts, this is total gibberish.

sure, although 98% of the garbage you spew on this mb is pure floppycock, occasionally you can contribute, however little it may be. :Nuts:

Archived