Espn just reported Ryan to be named Jets HC tomorrow.

JetsFanNick12

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen, here's my theory. We did best with Mangini in proportion to how FAT he was. Year one he was HUGE and we did well, year two he lost too much weight and we blew, this year he got fatter, but not fat enough and we failed. If my theory holds true Rex Ryan's plumpness will lead us to victory.

Not his coaching or anything like that.

FAT = VICTORIES

Listen, here's my theory. We did best with Mangini in proportion to how FAT he was. Year one he was HUGE and we did well, year two he lost too much weight and we blew, this year he got fatter, but not fat enough and we failed. If my theory holds true Rex Ryan's plumpness will lead us to victory.

FAT = VICTORIES

I agree. The last time we had any real success around here we had a lard ass as HC..

The bottom line, and I truly believe it, is that if VG can be good, this staff will get it from him. I think his development will give us an education in Mangini/Sutton and if they dropped the ball, or if the guy just can't get it done.

+1. Vernon Gholston is a pass-rusher, not a complete LB, and I doubt he'll ever become one. But that's fine because passrushing is a premium in this league. Just put him in positions to succeed. That's all i ask. If he sucks, then he sucks at it and we move on.

And yet never got HC consideration until now. He got interviews, but no serious consideration until now and was even fired after last season only to be rehired once Harbaugh jumped on board. Thats how much the Ravens thought of Rex Ryan and his awesome defensive schemes.

Let the Epic Fail Era begin.

The one thing that you need to realize is that there is no such thing as a sure thing in footbal. This applies to Asst coaches getting promoted or past SB winners getting hired. Football history will bear this out. Ryan will now be the coach and we can only hope hat he leads us to the promised land. He is only 46, which in terms of football is about the right time to get the top job after paying your dues. This trend of hiring 30 something head coaches is a relatively new thing and a lot of these pimple faced coaches have been put on the fast track don't have the foundation to succesfully build a winner so there is no correlation with Ryan's path.

How long before we're on photoshop putting a dunce cap on Rex. LOL If this franchise was dead set on using the "unproven head coach" model that has produced three prior "dunce cap" photos continuing to veer away from the strategy that brought them from 1-15 to 12-4 afcc in two years, which is hiring a SB coach, then Rex is the best of the bunch, I guess.

We ALL guess. NOBODY ON THE PLANET knows if this guy could coach! But at least he Blitzes!!!!

Why does everyone overlook the recent miserable record of the so called "proven" head coaches? Gruden, Shanahan, Billick, Holmgren would all be wearing a dunce cap with their recent performances. I guess if the Cardinals win the SB, Whisenhunt will now be a proven SB winner despite having a teram that won 9 games and got ass raped by a good number of teams in their losses this year, including the Jets. Anyone can catch lightning in a bottle, it doesn't make them a genius.

• 4 years later...

FAT = VICTORIES

Mad props. You are a prophet, in more ways than one. Two years of big Rex >>> two years of not-as-big Rex!!

Guys, we need fat on this team. Stoic for GM. Sign this beast.

Lets give Ryan a few years to see what he does before we kill him or saint him. No one has any idea what Ryan or anyone else is going to do until it happens. Just relax and lets see what happens. At least now we have a HC, well hopefully.

Ironically I still feel the same way.

I want to see what he can do with a new GM, coaches, scouts and players.

Changing coaches every 3 or 4 years isn't going to get this team anywhere.

Given where the team is today, and given that the chances of Rex keeping the job in 2015 are negligible, could hiring Fassel, or anyone else for that matter, have gone worse?

I think Rex is good for the Jets, but he has to be reeled in by some people. and what I mean by reeled in is his big mouth. now that theyre losing nobody cares what he has to say, and it makes the Jets look like a joke for the first time since 1996.

Just coach and win and stfu or get out.. its that simple.

34-30, 4-2, still coaching. Yeah, he was slightly off.

He lost the team the last two years. after the Giants game in 2011 and lol last year after the Patriots game where he played for a tie in regulation. when a coach loses the team that is not good, and is bleak for the future.

Archived