Espn just reported Ryan to be named Jets HC tomorrow.

JetsFanNick12

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My primary concerns are Wand L's and direction of team. We could have the best defense in the world, and win 4 games. I am not interested in statistics, I am interested in Team goals.

Do you acknowledge that next season could still be a W-L failure (no playoffs) but have a positive team direction? IMO this will depend on how Idzik builds the team. He isn't likely to go balls to the wall for wins for the year, but rather take some lumps and try to get things in line for 2014 when there will be legit cap room.

My primary concerns are Wand L's and direction of team. We could have the best defense in the world, and win 4 games. I am not interested in statistics, I am interested in Team goals.

agree. which is why I like long term approach it appears Idzik is looking at. Focus on the whole, not a piece, like the Def Coord Rex did.

I actually think with a still decent Def and the switch to WCO might produce more 2013 Ws than I thought possible a month ago.

if we can get a great pass catching RB out of backfield (like UNCs Gio Bernard) to fit the needs of WCO it would sure help. (When was last time Jets ran great screens?) Plus he is great Punt Returner.

if we can get a great pass catching RB out of backfield (like UNCs Gio Bernard) to fit the needs of WCO it would sure help. (When was last time Jets ran great screens?) Plus he is great Punt Returner.

Really good point here. For years it seems like we've treated RB's like they were blunt instruments to be sent into the pile of linemen over and over again and hope it works. And its not just a Rex thing, that's been the case since the Mangini/Schottenheimer days.

Some fresh blood and creativity would be nice out of the RB position.

Really good point here. For years it seems like we've treated RB's like they were blunt instruments to be sent into the pile of linemen over and over again and hope it works. And its not just a Rex thing, that's been the case since the Mangini/Schottenheimer days.

Some fresh blood and creativity would be nice out of the RB position.

When was the last time the Jets ran a well coordinated screen play?

agree. which is why I like long term approach it appears Idzik is looking at. Focus on the whole, not a piece, like the Def Coord Rex did.

I actually think with a still decent Def and the switch to WCO might produce more 2013 Ws than I thought possible a month ago.

This is the feeling I had going into the season last year. We had the personnel to ground and pound and had an OC that would wear a team down and control time of poss. I hope this year is a step forward on offense. Last year was definately a step backwards....

When was the last time the Jets ran a well coordinated screen play?

Leon Washington?

I think it goes back further than that. Leon caught a decent amount of balls, but the screen game was fairly weak even under Favre. I think you need a threatening passing game for screens to work. Much of the board thinks of them as working well with the smashmouth game, but I don't agree. I think you get a vertical passing game or even a normal passing attack and then you have an effective screen game. When you are a "running" team they aren't as effective. Just like play action needs a threatening running game, you need the threat of the pass for screens to work.

It doesn't help that Sanchez seems physically unable to throw them, almost always jumping and getting tons of balls batted by linemen.

I think it goes back further than that. Leon caught a decent amount of balls, but the screen game was fairly weak even under Favre. I think you need a threatening passing game for screens to work. Much of the board thinks of them as working well with the smashmouth game, but I don't agree. I think you get a vertical passing game or even a normal passing attack and then you have an effective screen game. When you are a "running" team they aren't as effective. Just like play action needs a threatening running game, you need the threat of the pass for screens to work.

I absolutely agree here. It's the same reason why Darren Sproles is able to catch passes out of the backfield for about 8 yards a pop. Yes, they have a pretty good system there, and Sproles is good in that role, but Drew Brees is the main reason why it works to such effect.

Why is it that when the JETS win a close one its because they are lucky and if the lose a close one its because they choked and are losers. :confused0082:

This year that was not really a problem, they got blown out most weeks.

Gotta love Rex football.

Thanks for reminding us all. You are a kind and decent gentleman!

No prob, I will continue to do so as long as there are Rex lovers supporting the moron who is destroying my favorite team.

Yes, I am a kind and decent gentleman, thanks for noticing.

I won't have to, I will be proven right, and all the dolts who support that moron can apologize for extending out our misery for at least another year.

No no no. The way it works is Rex will get fired and his most ardent supporters will disappear for a few days before resurfacing, claiming that some weird event occurred between now and then that validated their current opinion, but allows them to rip Rex moving forward.

The Homer Timeline:

1. Tacit defense ("Rex is pretty good)

2. Tacit defense

3. Violent defense ("Rex is GREAT")

4. Violent defense ("You know nothing about football if you don't think he's great!")

5. Delusion ("But the quarterback stunk!")

6. Delusion ("He didn't pick these players!")

7. Denial ("The team didn't 'quit'!)

8. Denial ("If he had Peyton...")

9. Equivocation ("He's good, but frustrates me")

10. Acceptance ("He sucks")

11. Revision ("He was great until Wayne Hunter")

12. Conform ("I've been saying he's sucked for years")

You are an odd character.

You make this like this is some battle of wills where there is a winner and loser.

These are opinions that we are stating. Neither you nor I have a good handle on what really happens on the Jets. All we see are the results where we can then make guesses.

For you to sit there and chest thump as if your opinions are so much more right is a little said. Some call it small penis syndrome.

Good for you, your opinion is so much more important.

He always cries that he cant get a woman. maybe he really does have a small penis.

Whoa. He's not trying to take away my trophy, is he?

awardw.jpg

()

Archived