The People's Champ cut?

Alk

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Haven't seen it on KFFL or anywhere else but there it is. If he played football anywhere near as well as he talks, he would be an all pro. I mean if you can't cut it as a WR for the Chiefs, that's a sign you need to go apply at Burger King or something. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy....

CHIEFS AX FRED EX

In a move that won't surprise many who have followed his activity (or lack thereof) in training camp and the preseason, the Chiefs have cut receiver Freddie Mitchell, a league source has informed us.

Mitchell, a first-round selection in a 2001 draft that has included more than its share of round-one receiver busts, was cut by the Eagles in the offseason. After spending some time on the shelf and not getting many sniffs, he signed with the Chiefs.

Mitchell was buried on the team's depth chart at receiver. Though he hardly was in position to elevate the talent level, the position remains dangerously thin as the team prepare for the 2005 season opener in 10 days. Eddie Kennison and second-year man Samie Parker are listed as the starters, followed by Dante' Hall, Chris Horn, Marc Boerigter, John Booth, and Craphonso Thorpe.

Don't be surprised to see the Chiefs scouring the waiver wire on Saturday and beyond for someone/anyone who can bolster what looks to be a not-so-dominant crew.

As to Mitchell, our guess is that he'll only get another chance if injury creates an unexpected hole in someone's roster. Even then, we don't expect him to get anything more than a one-year, minimum deal.

Jetfaninsection124

I told ya freddie mitchell wouldnt score a touchdown vs the Jets week 1!!

I win the bet, by default.

Ladies and Gents of JI. What pics should I put in 124s avatar and sig????? IDEAS?

do you mean JN?????? :lol::lol:

Archived