Trever Johnson - Why?

The Gun Of Bavaria

Here's my beef -

Yeah I know he's young. But when I watch him he doesn't make any reads. He doesn't 'sense' the block of the OL and fight against it. He'd rather 'matador' an offensive linemen then drive, lockout and read. His head is always in the backfield. When it's not it's 5 yards off the LOS in the wrong direction. Seems like he's always out of position, always looking for the 'easy' way out.

Here's my beef -

Yeah I know he's young. But when I watch him he doesn't make any reads. He doesn't 'sense' the block of the OL and fight against it. He'd rather 'matador' an offensive linemen then drive, lockout and read. His head is always in the backfield. When it's not it's 5 yards off the LOS in the wrong direction. Seems like he's always out of position, always looking for the 'easy' way out.

This is true. Trevor, it seems like he thinks he can just run right past the tackles like he did in College.

I like Joey Evans. Not as quick as Trevor, but I think he has a better overall game. I like Trevor though, he deserves a roster spot.

Archived