Pre-Season is over

Preston Howley III

So the head coach shouldn't try to make the team better. Interesting.

Parcells is considered to be the best coach we ever had. He threw plenty of people under the bus. Remember Charlie losing play calling duties?

It is called being held accountable.

Are the Jets ready? Or will we be hearing the word "gel" alot in September? :lol:

We already heard an elusion {illusion?} to the word "Gel", though Herm didn't actually say the word

When asked last nite if the offense is ready to GO, Herm responded ... "Obviously the offense will be better in Week 8"

In other words, the offense still needs time to Gel

Now that may be true ... in fact, I have no doubt that it IS true ... but what do you gain by saying it out loud, other than to give yourself {and the players} an excuse to fail?

I mean, that doesn't exactly inspire confidence ... Uh, we'll be better by mid-season :-s

And don't make me have to post "Patton" to draw a contrast :roll:

No, you haven't. I do predict, however, that Hermie will get less than the best from a very talented team, lose at least two games with idiotic coaching decisions, get embarrassed by Belichick again and preside over, at best, an early exit from the playoffs.

No, you haven't. I do predict, however, that Hermie will get less than the best from a very talented team, lose at least two games with idiotic coaching decisions, get embarrassed by Belichick again and preside over, at best, an early exit from the playoffs.

Bob, in that case, I apologize for attributing you to something you did not say. I thought you were in that boat, too.

Lay this out for me if you will:

State in terms of # of wins where you feel the talent resides on this club with a "mediocre" coach

State in terms of wins where you feel the talent resided on this club with a "very good" coach

State in terms of wins where yo feel the talent resides on this club with Herm.

And, finally, what coach that you see available at the end of teh year, woudl you like to replace Herm with.

Thanks for hanging with me there

I could also predict that he'll hold incoherent news conferences, but that's a little like predicting the sun will come up tomorrow.

What do you care about how press conferences sound?

Or, are you one of those guys that got all puffy chested when Parcells lashed out at a reporter with his machisimo. Is that your conception of a coach.

With me-It is pure w's and l's and a comparison to where that is with talent. I could care less if he speaks lebanese.

Herm is a mediocre coach, not an awful one, so those numbers are the same, 8-10 wins.

Belichick would get at least 13 wins out of this squad.

I'd like to see Hermie fired and Henderson promoted.

Point taken on the conferences, but he could at least give some actual information if he's going to hold the damned things.

Herm is a mediocre coach, not an awful one, so those numbers are the same, 8-10 wins.

Belichick would get at least 13 wins out of this squad.

Point taken on the conferences, but he could at least give some actual information if he's going to hold the damned things.

Fair enough-Thanks.

Yes-The camera appearances are nauseating

Why? the team as a whole would be worse b/c the defense excels with hendu running it full-time. why take away a strength?

i watched a lot of herm on tv this year and truly believe that all his preaching isn't jive; that really is the way herm is, it is not an act. the jets are organized, well run, well disciplined, and prepared - as much as any team in the league. herm knows much more about football than people on this board give him credit for and far more than any of the people on this board.

you knock him for his lack of football knowledge but my guess is that at least on the defensive side of the ball herm could call the plays or coach any position on the field. just because he isn't an overbearing micro-manager he is somehow a lousy coach?

Archived