Lions | Garcia Fractures Fibula; Sprains Ligaments

Smizzy

Lions | Garcia Fractures Fibula; Sprains Ligaments

Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:53:38 -0700

The NFL Network reports Detroit Lions QB Jeff Garcia (ankle) suffered a fractured left ankle, along with sprained ligaments in the same ankle, during the team's Friday, Sept. 2, preseason game against the Buffalo Bills. While no timetable has been set for Garcia's return, it is expected he will miss the entire 2005 season.

Guess that settles the QB controversy

He got horse collared. Like TO last year. They picked up the flag on the play.

Oh, and this horse collar was more around the face mask.

When I saw it, it reminded me of the horse collar Roy Williams did to TO, that broke TO's leg. When I first saw the replay, I figured he busted his leg. Mooch confirmed my thoughts at halftime.

Harrington over Garcia anyday, in my mind their was no QB controversy. I am sure people from the Detroit area like Storm and Guns may differ, maybe they talk about it more then around here but to me Harrington is the better QB. Garcia is a queer who can't hit an open WR for his life.

Guess that settles the QB controversy

Saw the replay, Garcia was scrambling on the play. I know scrambling adds an extra dimension to your O, but I really hate to see my QB scramble. Too often the results aren't good.

Chad, get the ball to someone that knows how to run!!!

Or head straight for the sideline.

Or do the slide.

Or throw the damn thing away!!!

Do not take the hit.

d

Harrington over Garcia anyday, in my mind their was no QB controversy. I am sure people from the Detroit area like Storm and Guns may differ, maybe they talk about it more then around here but to me Harrington is the better QB. Garcia is a queer who can't hit an open WR for his life.

AS most people know, a QB usually has to establish a rhythm, or else he's useless. When Joey was in against the jets and the Browns, he established a rhythm. Against the Rams he didn't, and he had the 'groin' injury against the Bills. Granted, he didn't score a TD in his three games, but the first two games, he had a total of 15 attempts. That amounts to two series per game. Garcia had the Lion's share of work with the first team offense, and play all together. It's obvious that he was Mooch's choice for QB. And there were rumors of trading Joey for picks to KC and going with Garcia, essentially throwing the season away. That was Mooch's plan, cause after the Rams game, he's on the hot seat. Him and Jaron.

Joey should be the QB. The playcalling is imitation vanilla. You know what's coming. On either side of the ball. Mooch refuses to run anything with two or more receivers. Mooch rebuilt the Niners, after Bill wAlsh got him talent. Remember, Walsh was the GM and made all the deals happen. But, then again, I don't know anything, and I haven't been watching this team for the past 23 years of my life. I've seen more Lions games than Jets games. You've got to trust me on this, it's not Joey. While he's not Peyton Manning, he's as good as David Carr. When you get about a second to decide what you're going to do, most times less, you're not going to be a good QB. And it'll be hard to do anything, really. You're going to short arm, over throw, and everything, because you'll be rattled.

Archived