• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2) EY

3) Bleedin Green

7) JiF

12)Thor 99

16) Double Down

Game thread open for two hours 20 minutes. Above posters have not checked in. Tick tock. Tick tock.

No known alibis given.

Got busy at work and then played ping pong for about 1/2 hour. Just got home. Last time I had was on the board, 4 people hadnt responded to Doggin.

Checking in...just got home from work.

Not for nothing, but this is a terrible strategy in finding members of the mafia. It's only been 2 hours.

We'll see how things develop, but participation during the first day could lead to some conclusions. Chances are that at least 1 member of the mafia will come to the forefront and try to control and game and at least 1 member of the mafia will try to lay low.

I will be looking for the extremes.

It's not to find the mafia. It's to get everyone involved. Obviously people are busy, which is fine. Two hours isn't a lot of time for the thread to be open. 3 hours isn't. But there comes a point where lack of involvement is suspicious behavior.

I'm not trying to say people who have posted are not above suspicion and people who haven't are suspicious.

Got busy at work and then played ping pong for about 1/2 hour. Just got home. Last time I had was on the board, 4 people hadnt responded to Doggin.

Which is understandable JIF. But now that you have posted an alibi we have more information, which is all i'm trying to achieve here. Again, I stress, it was not my intent to count those who haven't posted as guilty and those who have not guilty. Just trying to drive up the level of information up as much as possible by the deadline.

CTM is representing himself in some kind of 'Fozzie Bear' role.

Problem is, we do not know if Fozzie is good or evil, nor do we know whether he is truthful, or just putting on a show. He is too smart for any of this to be accidental.

For now, FOS: JVOR, who seems very anxious to get to the ball rolling after 2 hours.

Problem is, we do not know if Fozzie is good or evil, nor do we know whether he is truthful, or just putting on a show. He is too smart for any of this to be accidental.

For now, FOS: JVOR, who seems very anxious to get to the ball rolling after 2 hours.

And Vicious is representing elmo (speaking in the third person) or maybe Gonzo

And Rutgers/Jif may be some combination of Statler /Waldorf (those 2 old farts in the balcony) with the grouchiness. Could be oscar if we are spanning the Henson universe here (or it could just be that they are both *******s, but I digress ;))

the characters relate, but we don't know if they are all muppets. I know trying to figure out game mechanics is usually a dead end, but the first one of you the makes me think Miss Piggy is getting my vote. :D

btw ... Why do movie stars have lots of fans? Give up? Because their HOT!

I was wondering if anyone else noticed his eagerness to push the issue so intently.

Definitely fishy.

LOL @ Irish and LMM. FOSing for me saying No to Irish's guestion!

The Vicious man agrees with above said statement.

FOS: JiF

Vicious is choosing not to underrate this guy any longer.

Vicious was feeling lonely in here, oh so ronrey.

Kermits death is tough to handle... Vicious is here for you buddy.

Vicious found this humerus

Vicious doesn't fear your suspicions, Vicious welcomes this.

I had the same thought EY, but was withholding revealing that because I don't know if he's good or evil. If we're going to reveal it anyways, Vicious has been suspiciously referring to himself in the 3rd person. Only person I can think of was The fonz? Was there anyone on Welcome back kotter that did that? I can't figure out who does that in TV land.

As for my defense, i've stated from the start that I'm just trying to get everyone involved. I even said to Rutgers that it was still early on. A common theme I noticed on the JI mafia threads was the innocents doing a lot of self-destructive work and the mafia members hanging back. For example, Thebigragu gets lynched without even signing on. The game of slaughter you guys played, Smashmouth and CTM get into it with each other while the mafia hangs back and watches.

My goal was to prevent this from happening so that we get all the information possible before we make a vote to lynch.

And Rutgers/Jif may be some combination of Statler /Waldorf (those 2 old farts in the balcony) with the grouchiness. Could be oscar if we are spanning the Henson universe here (or it could just be that they are both *******s, but I digress ;))

the characters relate, but we don't know if they are all muppets. I know trying to figure out game mechanics is usually a dead end, but the first one of you the makes me think Miss Piggy is getting my vote. :D

I am not a muppet.

:bwahaharoll:

Is it o.k. to rep in this game?

I had the same thought EY, but was withholding revealing that because I don't know if he's good or evil. If we're going to reveal it anyways, Vicious has been suspiciously referring to himself in the 3rd person. Only person I can think of was The fonz? Was there anyone on Welcome back kotter that did that? I can't figure out who does that in TV land.

As for my defense, i've stated from the start that I'm just trying to get everyone involved. I even said to Rutgers that it was still early on. A common theme I noticed on the JI mafia threads was the innocents doing a lot of self-destructive work and the mafia members hanging back. For example, Thebigragu gets lynched without even signing on. The game of slaughter you guys played, Smashmouth and CTM get into it with each other while the mafia hangs back and watches.

My goal was to prevent this from happening so that we get all the information possible before we make a vote to lynch.

I know you want to get everyone involved, but it's only the first few hours. I actually checked as soon as I got home, and was out before warensemble left.

As to CTM, I'm fairly certain he's required to tell a joke at the end of each post, much like Viscous can't say 'I'. Could be the fonz, could be gonzo as CTM said. Also, I like his call on RJF being one of the old guys, saying 'harumpf' is key there. Not sure about JiF, I think his 'no' was just being a dick.

I know you want to get everyone involved, but it's only the first few hours. I actually checked as soon as I got home, and was out before warensemble left.

As to CTM, I'm fairly certain he's required to tell a joke at the end of each post, much like Viscous can't say 'I'. Could be the fonz, could be gonzo as CTM said. Also, I like his call on RJF being one of the old guys, saying 'harumpf' is key there. Not sure about JiF, I think his 'no' was just being a dick.

I acknowledge that I handled it rather poorly. It kind of worked in the sense that you guys felt the eye of pressure to post, but i kind of butchered it.

In any event, if you guys hold it as a strike against me that's understandable as I said I botched it. But in my opinion the next step is see if there's any way to determine whether these roles are good or evil. Any thoughts?

btw, in honor of the deceased, I present his masterpiece:

Good bye, my little green friend..:1cry:

eubQfKYFOPc

What did the big dragon say to the mouse? Give up?

Nothing! Dragons can't talk! wocka wocka wocka

I get that you're supposed to do the joke thing but please get some good ones. Thanks.

WoodyPaige is being a bit more vocal than he's ever been before.

CTM, RJF, and Vicious, seem to have day roles. What that means, who knows.

War Ensemble made a reference to a book/movie and a commercial, but his 3rd post was neutral. So I'm excluding him for now having a day role.

I can't see anything for the others yet.

In addition to determining good vs evil roles, what i'm curious about is this: is there a connection between the day role candidates? Also, it's rather obvious their posting limitations would be noticed eventually...they must have some form of protection or way to avoid detection as being mafia/being hit by the mafia, right?

War Ensemble made a reference to a book/movie and a commercial, but his 3rd post was neutral.

They made a movie off that? It probably sucked...

Ten little Indian boys went out to dine; One choked his little self, and then there were nine. Nine Little Indian boys sat up very late; One overslept himself and then there were eight. Eight little Indian boys traveling in Devon; One said he'd stay there and then there were seven. Seven little Indian boys chopping up sticks; One chopped himself in halves then there were six. Six Indian boys playing with a hive; A bumble-bee stung one then there were five. Five Indian boys going in for law; One got in Chancery then there were four. Four Indian boys going out to sea; A red herring swallowed one then there were three. Three Indian boys walking in the zoo; A big bear hugged one then there were two. Two Indian boys sitting in the sun; One got all frizzled up then there was one. One Indian boy left all alone; He went and hanged himself and then there were none.

CTM, RJF, and Vicious, seem to have day roles. What that means, who knows.

War Ensemble made a reference to a book/movie and a commercial, but his 3rd post was neutral. So I'm excluding him for now having a day role.

I can't see anything for the others yet.

In addition to determining good vs evil roles, what i'm curious about is this: is there a connection between the day role candidates? Also, it's rather obvious their posting limitations would be noticed eventually...they must have some form of protection or way to avoid detection as being mafia/being hit by the mafia, right?

... not liking this post and others..

seems like you are trying to direct traffic without putting anything out there of your own..

also backed down to EY quickly and have tried to play the seemingly innocent "don't make rash decisions" role while continuing to push the game forward. finally, you have made several off handed remarks about the mafia "typically" being silent, while you have been conspicuously vocal yet admit to purposely not saying anything at all.

I had the same thought EY, but was withholding revealing that because I don't know if he's good or evil. .

Me thinks I'd like to see you under some pressure..

unvote

vote Jets Voice of Reason

Q: What is the richest fish?

A: Goldfish

... not liking this post and others..

seems like you are trying to direct traffic without putting anything out there of your own..

also backed down to EY quickly and have tried to play the seemingly innocent "don't make rash decisions" role while continuing to push the game forward. finally, you have made several off handed remarks about the mafia "typically" being silent, while you have been conspicuously vocal yet admit to purposely not saying anything at all.

Me thinks I'd like to see you under some pressure..

unvote

vote Jets Voice of Reason

Q: What is the richest fish?

A: Goldfish

This has been my feeling all of a sudden as well. Although you came out firing... Vicious believes this to be suspicious behavior. Considering who you might be, I sense jealousy towards our murdered friend. Always playing second fiddle with your lame jokes.

This has been my feeling all of a sudden as well. Although you came out firing... Vicious believes this to be suspicious behavior. Considering who you might be, I sense jealousy towards our murdered friend. Always playing second fiddle with your lame jokes.

ctm always comes out firing.. makes the game more interesting..

Q: What did the judge say when the skunk walked in the court?

A: Odor in the court

Archived