TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has been my feeling all of a sudden as well. Although you came out firing... Vicious believes this to be suspicious behavior. Considering who you might be, I sense jealousy towards our murdered friend. Always playing second fiddle with your lame jokes.

This isn't a third person reference. :confused0006:

... not liking this post and others..

seems like you are trying to direct traffic without putting anything out there of your own..

also backed down to EY quickly and have tried to play the seemingly innocent "don't make rash decisions" role while continuing to push the game forward. finally, you have made several off handed remarks about the mafia "typically" being silent, while you have been conspicuously vocal yet admit to purposely not saying anything at all.

Me thinks I'd like to see you under some pressure..

unvote

vote Jets Voice of Reason

Q: What is the richest fish?

A: Goldfish

When was I ever "On EY" In fact, when was I ever on anyone in particular? I've said repeatedly, from the start, my intent was to get people to post so more information is available. Didn't I include the alibi posted by Jets Things? Didn't I take names off the list once they started posting? Did I go after anyone in particular?

I didn't say anything about the roles you guys had until EY brought it up. Because I wasn't quite sure how it would change the dynamics of your posting styles or others with day roles who hadn't stepped forward yet. Once EY let his suspicion out there, I brought up my own. I happened to not make the connection with RJF at the time, but now rereading his posts your reasoning makes sense.

I'm not saying that CTM, RJF, and Vicious are in cahoots. Their connection is day roles. My only objective is to seek suggestions as to what it means that you guys have such detectable roles. Wouldn't you guys be lightning rods one way or the other? So i brought up the possibility that you may have either protection against the mafia, or protection from detection by the townies with roles.

When was I ever "On EY" In fact, when was I ever on anyone in particular? I've said repeatedly, from the start, my intent was to get people to post so more information is available. Didn't I include the alibi posted by Jets Things? Didn't I take names off the list once they started posting? Did I go after anyone in particular?

I didn't say anything about the roles you guys had until EY brought it up. Because I wasn't quite sure how it would change the dynamics of your posting styles or others with day roles who hadn't stepped forward yet. Once EY let his suspicion out there, I brought up my own. I happened to not make the connection with RJF at the time, but now rereading his posts your reasoning makes sense.

I'm not saying that CTM, RJF, and Vicious are in cahoots. Their connection is day roles. My only objective is to seek suggestions as to what it means that you guys have such detectable roles. Wouldn't you guys be lightning rods one way or the other? So i brought up the possibility that you may have either protection against the mafia, or protection from detection by the townies with roles.

The rate your working at is far exceeding others.

exactly.

If your not the lead dog, the view never changes...

2 guys walk into a bar, the 3rd one ducks.......:rimshot:

The rate your working at is far exceeding others.

Honestly, it's because i'm excited to play. I pmed SMC, EY, CTM, and Doggin about wanting to mafia at JN. I didn't participate at all in the JI mafia threads. I actually have not played mafia before. I thought I could just pick it up from reading the mafia threads and not look like a total noob but i guess i'm just not good at it. EY and CTM know that I pmed them about it.

If I can post THOSE pms I would but i'm not sure if that's against the rules. You are also free to go to JI to search the mafia threads for my participation. (Though admittedly, most of you don't want to do that.) I can try to search for the game threads and post it here to save you trouble if you want.

Game 1: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170292

Game 2: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170760

Game 3: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170948

Game 4: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171452&page=4

Game 5: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171451

Honestly, it's because i'm excited to play. I pmed SMC, EY, CTM, and Doggin about wanting to mafia at JN. I didn't participate at all in the JI mafia threads. I actually have not played mafia before. I thought I could just pick it up from reading the mafia threads and not look like a total noob but i guess i'm just not good at it. EY and CTM know that I pmed them about it.

If I can post THOSE pms I would but i'm not sure if that's against the rules. You are also free to go to JI to search the mafia threads for my participation. (Though admittedly, most of you don't want to do that.) I can try to search for the game threads and post it here to save you trouble if you want.

Game 1: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170292

Game 2: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170760

Game 3: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170948

Game 4: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171452&page=4

Game 5: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171451

Vicious feels scoping out the game of others is a tad dirty and will take the high road. Vicious believes the best experience is in game.

I think the issue being brought up here is not so much that you're trying to obviously throw any other one player under the bus, but then again, trying to do so would be way too obvious. Rather, it looks as if you are trying to cast suspicion all over the place, by consistently pointing things out about everyone else and coming to conclusions all over the place.

Does that necessarily mean anything about you or your role? No, but its certainly a mafia tactic used to try to throw people off and make everyone questioning each other. Granted, you could just be trying to get as much info out there as possible so people can make informed decisions, but you have to keep in mind that these above reasons are why you are now drawing suspicion yourself. There's usually at least one mafia member who comes out firing early and you're fitting the bill so far.

exactly.

If your not the lead dog, the view never changes...

2 guys walk into a bar, the 3rd one ducks.......:rimshot:

I'm trying to play this the best I can without making rookie mistakes. I used EY as a springboard because he's more experienced at this game than I am. So once he let his suspicion out I thought it was okay to let mine out too. Even if EY is guilty of something, the information was out there, so i reasoned that I can let what I had thought out as well. I was in the middle of getting quotes from vicious (6 of them) and I believe you posted your response before I was able to lay out my suspicion. EY mentioned nothing of vicious in his post. Note that my post is pretty long, and it took time to come up with.

Outside of that, i'm just being as honest as I can.

You're not allowed to edit your posts.

He forgot to put his saying in.. Madame Midas

(what TV character does this with the sayings?.. have to look up later..)

WE either has a posting requirement or is just drafting who are representing they do..

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171451]

I'll vouch for you. I did receive a PM about a month ago.. And you're doing fine.. chill :)

Where was the Declaration of Independance signed?

-- At the bottom

I think the issue being brought up here is not so much that you're trying to obviously throw any other one player under the bus, but then again, trying to do so would be way too obvious. Rather, it looks as if you are trying to cast suspicion all over the place, by consistently pointing things out about everyone else and coming to conclusions all over the place.

Does that necessarily mean anything about you or your role? No, but its certainly a mafia tactic used to try to throw people off and make everyone questioning each other. Granted, you could just be trying to get as much info out there as possible so people can make informed decisions, but you have to keep in mind that these above reasons are why you are now drawing suspicion yourself. There's usually at least one mafia member who comes out firing early and you're fitting the bill so far.

Well, then i apologize because it appears i'm doing Mafia's work for it once again. If you guys want me to stop posting for a while I can do that too. I'll just do whatever is in the best interest for the townie. If you want to lynch me to move off this topic onto something more productive than so be it.

I promise as a man that if you guys cast enough votes in my direction i'll cast the deciding one. Casting one now appears like i'm appealing for sympathy, which i'm not. I feel like i'm just screwing everyone up.

This thread makes me wish JN still had neg rep.

?

muppet_statler_waldorf.jpg

What are you when you walk in to a bathroom?

American.

What are you when you walk out of the bathroom?

American.

What are you when you're in the bathroom?

EUROPEAN!!!

I know you want to get everyone involved, but it's only the first few hours. I actually checked as soon as I got home, and was out before warensemble left.

As to CTM, I'm fairly certain he's required to tell a joke at the end of each post, much like Viscous can't say 'I'. Could be the fonz, could be gonzo as CTM said. Also, I like his call on RJF being one of the old guys, saying 'harumpf' is key there. Not sure about JiF, I think his 'no' was just being a dick.

I said harumph because I watched Blazing Saddles this morning. Nothing more, nothing less. Nice try though Sherlock.

Has everyone checked in?

Archived