Favre To Retire: MERGED 11X

afosomf

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had hopes he would comeback, not only for the franchise, but mostly for the fans.

Alot of people paid good money for Favre Jerseys....Favre t-shirts ect. Those fans were due more than just 1 season

The Jets gave up a 3rd rounder. The franchise deserved more from their investment. Never mind the fact they went all out to get him...and gave him an avenue to play another year.

And finally his teammates......he came in there, started strong, and finished up like a washed up old gunslinger. He owed them another year to try and take them to the next level. IMO he still could do that

Now....f%$& him...he's done with me

What a douche Favre is. He didn't even have the decency to tell the Jets he was retiring. He had his agent do it for him.

Bye Favruh.

Seriously, he is a POS, attention whore b-turd and I am sorry that I was ever excited about him being a part of the New York Jets.

Damn, ANOTHER Jersey I have which I can't wear. WTF?

I hope I'm not a jinx 'cause I'm buying Leon's jersey for 09'

Anyway, it was a good move to trade for Favre, but it simply didn't work out.

I know it's going to be tough, but my hope is that Brett Ratliff turns into the next Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia & Jake Delhomme for the 09' season.

It's in the franchise's best interest for Ratliff to make that leap in 09 and win the starting job convincingly. I hope he has worked like he's never before this offseason and mastered the playbook.

Ratliff, you're our only hope!!!

I still think he had enough left to allow us to have one more run next year

Now we have nothing behind center.....maybe Tanny can work somehting for Derek Anderson

Favre sucks... no run would be made with him... he chokes late in the year and he is banged up now too...

It was time to move on... his 13 million crippled the JETS as well...

Dear Brett,

Now that you are going to really retire after choking last season, I wanted to thank you for a couple of things. You had a pretty crappy performance towards the end, but here are a few things you did that us jets fans can be happy about:

- You drove Chad Pennington out of town.

- Your ****ty performance at the end of the year to not get us in the playoffs got Mangini fired.

- Your public praising of Dustin Keller opened up the NFL's eyes to one of the future great tight ends.

- The younger QB's benefited from you.

So thanks, Brett Favre.

Sincerely,

Jets Fans.

I'm glad I didnt buy his jersey.

Bye Brett.

Thanks for the memories...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B-E3s_FS2g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B-E3s_FS2g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Who?

Simms

Leftwich

C'mon

What choice do the Jets have? We're not getting the love of your life from the Steelers.

Its totally stupid to trade for a one year wonder like Derek Anderson. We have no choice, either develop or youngsters or sign a veteran FA.

Trading away picks is only going to hurt this team.

F-him

did you really honestly believe he was going to come back this year? and are you REALLY pissed off? you knew this was going to happen...

and i know you're mad about all the brett favre stuff sold...but seriously, most people who bought those weren't too smart. he had 2 years left in him, tops. favre did the right thing....we need to move on and build for the future.

don't be mad.

Archived