Barton to Browns per NFL.com

VAgolfer

Mangini brings another former Jet to Cleveland, LB Barton

Associated Press

CLEVELAND -- The Browns are becoming the Cleveland Jets.

Coach Eric Mangini added another player he coached in New York on Friday, signing former Jets linebacker Eric Barton. The Browns also signed offensive lineman Floyd Womack, who spent the past eight seasons with the Seattle Seahawks.

Barton is the fourth former Jets player brought to Cleveland by Mangini, joining linebacker David Bowens, cornerback Hank Poteat and defensive lineman C.J. Mosley. Cleveland's coaching staff also includes several of Mangini's former assistants in New York.

The 31-year-old Barton started all 16 games for New York last season. He recorded 119 tackles, the third-highest total of his career.

Womack, 30, started 46 games for the Seahawks, and can play tackle or guard.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press.

Thanks to Eric for everything he did here, he was a very good Linebacker for the Jets. Obviously his best days were in 2004 & 2005, pre Mangini, but he played very well in 2008, he was our best ILB last season.

Agreed. Although I have never forgiven him for that forearm to Drew Brees' head.

I don't see why some Jets fans are like that when we won the game. If we had lost, I could understand it. But we won the game.

He led the team in tackles last year..In case you need a review D. Harris was AWFUL upon his return from the injury list, and Barton played extremely well ALL season..I know he's gone so its customary to flog him around here, but E. Barton is a good solid NFL player..Hey if one of the two starters goes down for the Jets just plug in Larry Izzo...YIKES

Barton is not a solid player. He is stupid, he took dumb penalties like in SD, and he was always more worried about check me out nonsense than his assignment.

And based on what he did at Maryland, he's a miserable human being. A friend's son had the misfortune of meeting Barton at a concert on the UMD campus and got a broken jaw for his trouble. While Barton was arrested, the case was utterly fixed,sheetcanned and covered up by UMD and their lawyers.

AGAIN-F___ ERIC BARTON. Now I can wholeheartedly root against him without any reservation.

Barton is a a POS. If he couldn't play football he'd be selling nickel bags of beat weed to suburban douchebags and living in a fridge box. GOOD RIDDANCE. I know that not every Jets player is a saint, but I know Barton is a total jerk.Once his career is over, it's back to palookaville. I am overjoyed that I no longer have to root for this scumbag.

Barton is not a solid player. He is stupid, he took dumb penalties like in SD, and he was always more worried about check me out nonsense than his assignment.

And based on what he did at Maryland, he's a miserable human being. A friend's son had the misfortune of meeting Barton at a concert on the UMD campus and got a broken jaw for his trouble. Whiel barton was arrested, the case was utterly fixedsheetcanned and covered up by UMD and their lawyers.

AGAIN-F___ ERIC BARTON. Now I can root agaisnt him without reservation.

Barton is a a POS. If he couldn't play football he'd be selling nickel bags of beat weed to suburban douchebags and living in a fridge box. GOOD RIDDANCE. I know that not every Jets player is a saint, but I know Barton is a total jerk.Once his career is over, it's back to palookaville. I am overjoyed that I no longer have to root for this scumbag.

Barton blows...not sure how anyone can even call him average

Next to go is BT ...please

Thanks to Eric for everything he did here, he was a very good Linebacker for the Jets. Obviously his best days were in 2004 & 2005, pre Mangini, but he played very well in 2008, he was our best ILB last season.

He played very well for us and I wish him lots of luck in Cleveland.

Does Mangini really think that the change of air in Cleveland is going to make these guys better? His defense will still suck, especially considering his best player on D doesnt even want to be there.

Barton was a good player. He gave the Jets some solid years. He clearly doesnt have a place here anymore with Scott/Harris.

Archived