Jets | Abraham Has First Practice in Full Pads

Smizzy

Jets | Abraham Has First Practice in Full Pads

Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:16:17 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets DE John Abraham went through practice in full pads Thursday, Sept. 8, for the first time since spraining his left LCL last season. Abraham said he expects to be sore Friday, Sept. 9, but said he could go 40-to-50 plays if needed for the Week 1 game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Unbeleivable. This guy will miss playing time in every possible way:

suspension,

injury,

flu,

holdout,

soreness,

etc. etc.

when does he just suit-up, practice and play like he's supposed to?

what are you talking about? where did he say he was going to miss playing time?

you guys are something else..just watch the game hoping he fails or gets hurt or whetever it is you want to happen..you are all gonna miss the ride bitching all the time

hey NFLPA rep, who is hopin he gets hurt? people are just goin by this turds history,,he is a jerk who has the brainpower of radish and hasnt EVER come thru (yet) in crunch time,,

hey NFLPA rep, who is hopin he gets hurt? people are just goin by this turds history,,he is a jerk who has the brainpower of radish and hasnt EVER come thru (yet) in crunch time,,

so does that mean he never will? guess Im just an optimist, guess we will see

We all want Abraham to stay healthy but I can't believe how Jets fans crap all over the guy. He makes the defense infinitely better when he is on the field. The guy is a difference maker and I for one am happy that the Jets have him.

not worth money he wants till he proves he can stay healthy for 1) a full season and 2) play in a meaningful game

We all want Abraham to stay healthy but I can't believe how Jets fans crap all over the guy. He makes the defense infinitely better when he is on the field. The guy is a difference maker and I for one am happy that the Jets have him.

hey i expect him to lead league in sacks, i just want to see him there at end of sewason,,if he has a all pro year and ets hurt again at end and isnt there for us in last few games or playoffs then he aint worth a new contract..

not worth money he wants till he proves he can stay healthy for 1) a full season and 2) play in a meaningful game

True enough.

But he is a major difference maker on this team. He is a force just by being out there on passing downs, as the Q/B knows he needs to get rid of it a split second sooner then he would like. It makes the overall "D" much better.

But he needs to play all year, and in the playoffs. Personally, since he wants a big money deal, I think he will be there all year, and I also think he will get in teh mid-teens in sacks.

hey i expect him to lead league in sacks, i just want to see him there at end of sewason,,if he has a all pro year and ets hurt again at end and isnt there for us in last few games or playoffs then he aint worth a new contract..

I can't disagree with that.

no arguement from me on that...I just think Im one of the few that thinks he WILL be there all year this year

no arguement from me on that...I just think Im one of the few that thinks he WILL be there all year this year

...you are not alone my friend. And the man is in shape. He looks great. And I wish everyone stop hanging off the 3 three hairs of his left testicle...meaning stop hanging on every word. Its ridiculous. The man is entitled to be sore and you all work that to say he isnt playing sunday...he's not 100%...please. He said in another article that he hexpects they'll play him 25-35 snaps. If he has to play more he can...let the man at least play...sheesh again... :roll:

I'm not even sold on paying him if he stays healthy. Quite honestly, I think Abe reeks of the type of player who starts getting content off a big paycheck and starts sitting out due to a pulled outer labia. I think players like Abe can be had in the draft, so if we really feel the need to get a top tier DE I say get a 1st rounder for the guy next year somehow and parlay it into another speed rushing DE. One without a mangina.

I'm not even sold on paying him if he stays healthy. Quite honestly, I think Abe reeks of the type of player who starts getting content off a big paycheck and starts sitting out due to a pulled outer labia. I think players like Abe can be had in the draft, so if we really feel the need to get a top tier DE I say get a 1st rounder for the guy next year somehow and parlay it into another speed rushing DE. One without a mangina.

I dissagree...a pure pass rusher doesn't come along every day. Abe is a rare breed, he needs to be signed long term

Archived