Thoughts on Pats/Raiders game

RSJ

Very good point TS, and I said all along that the CW's greatest strength was his ability to make adjustments.

That was evident in the 2nd half.

All in all, I thought the offense looked very good. The Raiders LB's did an exceptional job filling the gaps quickly on running plays and stuffing Dillon.

Outside of his 8 yard TD run, he had zero holes to run through.

And why do teams continue to play zone coverage in the secondary against Brady? :shock:

He picks apart zone coverage. =D>

Especially in the middle with Big Ted blowing up the Patriots' OL.

It was a good game for the Pats. Yes. But let's call it like it is. They beat the Raiders for crying out loud. You want to talk about head coaches, look no further.

The TE for New England is the only thing that caused me any new concern. He looked GOOD. Real good.

It was a good game for the Pats. Yes. But let's call it like it is. They beat the Raiders for crying out loud. You want to talk about head coaches, look no further.

The TE for New England is the only thing that caused me any new concern. He looked GOOD. Real good.

Ben Watson. Remember that name. He will be a star.

Operative word.

We still look good and are on pace to defend our title.

Operative word.

We still look good and are on pace to defend our title.

EVERY championship team is "on pace" to "defending" their title. If a champion simply plays their games, they are "defending" their title. :wink:

Now, re-claiming the title is a whole other thing.

A blocked punt, a missed extra point and a running back who looked slower than a mule may not get my blood perclating just yet

I was there and actually borrowed some binoculars from the lovely couple in front of me - anyway, Raiders HELD on almost every play. There were special teams penalities on the Raiders that were not called - shoot, if they called all of them they would have 500 yards in penalities. BTW - the Pats had about 5 penalties to the Raiders none early on in the contest.

Ah, it's Football Season! Assoff is acting like a whiney baby again.

I was there and actually borrowed some binoculars from the lovely couple in front of me - anyway, Raiders HELD on almost every play. There were special teams penalities on the Raiders that were not called - shoot, if they called all of them they would have 500 yards in penalities. BTW - the Pats had about 5 penalties to the Raiders none early on in the contest.

Ah, it's Football Season! Assoff is acting like a whiney baby again.

What is so amusing is that the Pat fans giggle themselves to death over the uproar that TX causes (no $hit, he is pushing buttons), and then some of you fall right into asomofs trap.

Too much

What is so amusing is that the Pat fans giggle themselves to death over the uproar that TX causes (no $hit, he is pushing buttons), and then some of you fall right into asomofs trap.

Too much

Dierk,

Are you insinuating that my posts are only to rile up Jet fans? :shock:

Every single one of my posts are well thought out, extremely intelligent and completely objective. :wink:

EVERY championship team is "on pace" to "defending" their title. If a champion simply plays their games, they are "defending" their title. :wink:

Now, re-claiming the title is a whole other thing.

A blocked punt, a missed extra point and a running back who looked slower than a mule may not get my blood perclating just yet

While the blocked punt and extra point were disturbing, the Rai-duhs, inparticular Ted Washington, did a good job of making Dillon look slow. When Ted is doing his job and he was last night, the LBers can fly to Dillon and they did. Credi the Rai-duhs.

Too much

I wish Scott would post here more. He just "gets it".

It was a good fantasy football game for anyone who had players (other than the Pats D) in that game! :wink:

I had David Givens and Jankikowski. :x

But anyway, boy did the Raiders pass D suck balls. They had zero pass rush and the tackling was atrocious. Reminded me of the Jets when Cottrell was DC.

Archived