The real answer about Clemens...

TNJet

Not starting the past few years was Mangini's love affair with Chad. He absolutely loves the read and react QB over the one that may gamble to win, ultimately occurring to a turnover once in awhile. With the timid,tight, bend but dont break Mangini gone, watch Kellen get the green light and become the quarterback that we all know he can become.

Give me a break. Anyone that saw Clemens play in TC (i am not one of them) said he didn't have near the command of the offense that Penny did. Couple that with Clemens' inaccuracy...no coach would have played him.

Not starting the past few years was Mangini's love affair with Chad. He absolutely loves the read and react QB over the one that may gamble to win, ultimately occurring to a turnover once in awhile. With the timid,tight, bend but dont break Mangini gone, watch Kellen get the green light and become the quarterback that we all know he can become.

Wait so you think that Rex wants his QB not to be like Chad? :rl:

Do you live in a cave? He wants a game manager QB...

Also... Chad won... because he was better...

Wait so you think that Rex wants his QB not to be like Chad? :rl:

Do you live in a cave? He wants a game manager QB...

Also... Chad won... because he was better...

Rex wants his QB to be like Joe Flacco, aka, he wants a manager, yes, but a manager with an arm.

Rex wants his QB to be like Joe Flacco, aka, he wants a manager, yes, but a manager with an arm.

Yes he also wants pretty much what Mangini wanted out of his QB... dont screw up and dont take big risks... the OP is claiming that Rex wants a risk taker...

FWIW I dont think Rex wants "flacco" 14 TD's and 12 INT's 276 yards lost from sacks...

lol

The starting job... read the posts...

Chad won the starting job in 2006 against Kellen when he was a rookie.

Bravo Chad!!!

2007 there was no real competition

2008 was unknown as to who the winner would be. David Bowens is the only one whose spoken up, ex player wise, and he said Kellen would have been the guy if they didn't get Favre, so eat a bag of dicks.

Yes he also wants pretty much what Mangini wanted out of his QB... dont screw up and dont take big risks... the OP is claiming that Rex wants a risk taker...

FWIW I dont think Rex wants "flacco" 14 TD's and 12 INT's 276 yards lost from sacks...

lol

Didn't Joe Flacco take them to the AFC Championship Game, as a rookie, coming from a DII school?

OH yeah, he did.

The starting job... read the posts...

The starting job? Good for him as he had been in the NFL for years. Your love/hate relationship with Chad is disturbing.

The bottom line is that Chad sucks in the playoffs.

Didn't Joe Flacco take them to the AFC Championship Game, as a rookie, coming from a DII school?

OH yeah, he did.

Now imagine if he cut down on the mistakes...

I know he turned out good... but lets be realistic... Rex does nto want 14 TD's and 12 INT's

Now imagine if he cut down on the mistakes...

I know he turned out good... but lets be realistic... Rex does nto want 14 TD's and 12 INT's

Show me mistakes Flacco made in the postseason and compare them to PennyBoyWonder.

K thanks.

The starting job? Good for him as he had been in the NFL for years. Your love/hate relationship with Chad is disturbing.

The bottom line is that Chad sucks in the playoffs.

Read the thread... your picking on me about it for no reason... the OP claims Mangini loved Chad and thats why he wont the job...

Try reading... please... it will make this exchange much less annoying...

Show me mistakes Flacco made in the postseason and compare them to PennyBoyWonder.

K thanks.

I dont give a **** about Chad... Rex would certainly nto want him either...

My point is Rex is nto hoping for a 14TD 12INT guy... your crazy if you think he is...

FACT:

Rex Ryan wants the next Joe Flacco, NOT the next Chad Pennington.

Joe Flacco with a couple of years under his belt will be much, much better than Pennington.

Remember, unlike PennyBoyWonder, he didn't get 2+ years to sit on his arse.

FACT:

Joe Flacco with a couple of years under his belt will be much, much better than Pennington.

FACT:

He does nto want either of them... shut the **** up about Chad already...

I dont give a **** about Chad... Rex would certainly nto want him either...

My point is Rex is nto hoping for a 14TD 12INT guy... your crazy if you think he is...

He is hoping for the next Joe Flacco. He isn't hoping for 14 TD and 12 INT's, no, but he's hoping for the next Flacco. What the **** exactly does Flacco's rookie season stats have to do with wanting the next Flacco? Flacco will be much, much better than that as the years progress.

Are you seriously that ****ing retarded that you can't see that Flacco's rookie statistics mean NOTHING as to the type of QB that we are looking for? Do you need it pointed out to you?

FACT:

He does nto want either of them... shut the **** up about Chad already...

You're the one who started about your **** sucking budy.

FACT:

He DOES want a Flacco type. He'd be stupid not to.

A game manager with a great arm and pocket mobility. ~ Flacco

Pretty much what every coach wants when he has a strong ground game and defense.

FACT:

Funny you say that... he was just like Chad in the playoffs... no points and mistakes ended it...

135 yards / 5.9 YPA / 0TD 0INT against the Phins (39% completion)

161 yards / 7.3 YPA / 1TD 0INT against the Titans (50% completion)

141 yards / 4.7 YPA / 0TD 3INT against the Steelers (43% completion)

Those are awful playoff stats... pretty similar to Pennington... but at least Chad had a crazy good game against the Colts...

Chad with 12 starts under his belt had the following playoff stats his first year starting...

222 yards / 8.9 YPA / 3TD 0INT against the Colts (76% completion)

183 Yards / 3.9 YPA / 1TD 2INT against the Raiders (44% completion)

You're the one who started about your **** sucking budy.

FACT:

He DOES want a Flacco type. He'd be stupid not to.

A game manager with a great arm and pocket mobility. ~ Flacco

Pretty much what every coach wants when he has a strong ground game and defense.

Try again!

The OP did... but thats ok... moving on...

Funny you say that... he was just like Chad in the playoffs... no points and mistakes ended it...

135 yards / 5.9 YPA / 0TD 0INT against the Phins (39% completion)

161 yards / 7.3 YPA / 1TD 0INT against the Titans (50% completion)

141 yards / 4.7 YPA / 0TD 3INT against the Steelers (43% completion)

Those are awful playoff stats... pretty similar to Pennington... but at least Chad had a crazy good game against the Colts...

Chad with 12 starts under his belt had the following playoff stats his first year starting...

222 yards / 8.9 YPA / 3TD 0INT against the Colts (76% completion)

183 Yards / 3.9 YPA / 1TD 2INT against the Raiders (44% completion)

Flacco: Rookie

Chad: 3rd year in NFL

Flacco: AFC Championship Game ~ Did enough to win.

Chad: As usual, did nothing against a good defense.

Flacco: Rookie

Chad: 3rd year in NFL

Flacco: AFC Championship Game ~ Did enough to win.

Chad: As usual, did nothing against a good defense.

All you did was ask me to point out his mistakes like Chads... he did the same damn thing Chad does... he relied on his team and when it came time to step up he couldnt...

lol

When you consider that Flacco was not only a rookie but a rookie coming from a divison 1-A program, who was only starting because of injuries to Boller and Smith those stats are absolutely brilliant.

THEN consider how much he improved as the season went on. He started out with 1 TD to 7 INT's and then really stepped up and developed. He had a great rookie season. You can also add in that he had two rushing TD's as well, noticed you conveniently left that out.

FACT: Flacco is overrated. He's not that good. Rex isn't pining for that crap.

If there is anyone Rex wants, it's a Ben Roethlesberger type.

Flacco showed some potential, but he still has much to prove. He could turn out great or he could end up the next Derek Anderson.

If there is anyone Rex wants, it's a Ben Roethlesberger type.

Flacco showed some potential, but he still has much to prove. He could turn out great or he could end up the next Derek Anderson.

Big arm, throws a lot of picks, questionable maturity at a young age, and drafted 11th in the country? No wonder he wanted Cutler.

Let's see Roethlisberger playing behind an OL with an overhyped LT, a 2nd-year center who didn't have nearly as great a season as he got credit for, two more OLmen who were out of the league a year later, no healthy legitimate NFL WR's (beyond Justin McCareins & Brad Smith), one mediocre TE, a low-production & poorly-used ground game, insanely predictable offensive playcalling, a defense that gives up over 20 points per game & can't get off the field, and a DB coach for a head coach. Then tell me how great he is. Exactly ONCE he had a defense ranked as low as #11...and even with a 1500-yard/16-TD primary RB, they went 7-8 that season while he threw more picks than Favre just did (in 1 less game). Talk about hype & someone going along for the ride.

shut up.

The hatred for Kellen among Jet fans, especially from people who adored the guy when Chad was here is simply laughable.

Kellen is unproven. Nothing more, nothing less. At this point anyways.

This is a true statement. However, when you see a QB have a 122.3 QB rating in the preseason, it kinda changes your perception of just wanting Kellen on the field because you're sick of Chad. It becomes put Ratliff on the field because we're sick of Chad and Kellen wasnt impressive at all except in that one game the McCariens blew.

Archived