Welcome Back Tom Shane!!! Who Says You Can't Go Home?

SoFlaJets

If you took Josh Groban, locked him in a dark room for three months, fed him nothing but Chivas Regal and Hostess Sno-Balls, and broke his ankles so he has to shuffle around like a decrepit Zamboni, then yes, I look like Josh Groban.

That is not TS.

The real TS is much funnier than that.

Welcome back Tom Shane - you're missing some great material from the old days with Herm now relegated to doing infomercials on the Cooking Channel and Tubby now busily destroying the Cleveland franchise - but I'm sure you'll come up with some good material.

one of my favorite tomshane quips of old was his comment in a thread about miss handicapped america where very pretty contestents were confined to wheelchairs

Tom asked : so does having phat rims on the wheelchairs help sway the judges?

:rl:

That is not TS.

The real TS is much funnier than that.

I've always enjoyed impersonators far more than the the originals. Can we get that TS impersonator back and just pretend its Tom? Or maybe Shane could just post as an impersonator of himself? Then we could post about how the real Shane was a way better/worse poster than this new Shane who is actually Shane pretending not to be himself but actually impersonating his own persona!

Ow. I think I just hurt my mind.

And I peed a little.

OMG You should have seen the E-mails from Sooth. Wow was he not happy. If you could send somebody AIDS through the internet, he would have done it.

That would be so weird if you contracted AIDS that way twice.

• 5 years later...

Famous Max lies:

1. "Just the tip. I promise."

2. "I have Kevin James lined up for next week. I promise."

3. "I have a GREAT girl for you, man. And she is too 18."

4. "That huge guy over there just called Joe Namath a bitch. Go kick his ass. I got your back."

5. "Don't worry. I wouldn't do that to your hair."

This is terrible. Who the **** wrote this?

Tom was really funny back in the day.

I wish there were proof of it, but you will all just have to take my word for it.   :)

Or tune in to JetNation Radio this Tuesday night at 8pm as the prodigal son returns.

http://blogtalkradio.com/JetNation :)

With what Tom has become, I hate to say it but at one point he was my favorite poster to read on JI and on here.  As he's become obsessed with this anti-Jets/anti-Rex mentality, we rarely see the insanely funny guy who once  blessed us with his quick wit and sharp humor.  We still see it from time to time, (like when Don Mattingly would line a double in to the gap later in his career) but on a day to day basis, we get that predictable pop-up to shortstop when we were hoping for so much more.  Hopefully JN radio will help bring back the old Tom.

With what Tom has become, I hate to say it but at one point he was my favorite poster to read on JI and on here.  As he's become obsessed with this anti-Jets/anti-Rex mentality, we rarely see the insanely funny guy who once  blessed us with his quick wit and sharp humor.  We still see it from time to time, (like when Don Mattingly would line a double in to the gap later in his career) but on a day to day basis, we get that predictable pop-up to shortstop when we were hoping for so much more.  Hopefully JN radio will help bring back the old Tom.

Warning track power!

Love the Mattingly reference.

I agree with your post actually. Tom has a lot to offer, I think he will be more well rounded on the radio show.  That's what I am betting on.  :)

With what Tom has become, I hate to say it but at one point he was my favorite poster to read on JI and on here. As he's become obsessed with this anti-Jets/anti-Rex mentality, we rarely see the insanely funny guy who once blessed us with his quick wit and sharp humor. We still see it from time to time, (like when Don Mattingly would line a double in to the gap later in his career) but on a day to day basis, we get that predictable pop-up to shortstop when we were hoping for so much more. Hopefully JN radio will help bring back the old Tom.

This is all extremely fair, but in my defense, it was a lot more fun to clown an organization that wasn't actively aspiring to clown themselves.

Archived