Yankees vs. Rays @ Tropicana Field

Morrissey

Todays loss was tough, but after going 0-2, you have to be pleased being 3-3. Lets take 2 of 3 from the Rays before our home opener.

New York Yankees vs. Tampa Bay Rays

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png................100px-ALE-TB-Logo.png

Tomorrow: Chien-Ming Wang (RHP) vs. Scott Kazmir (LHP) @ 7:08 PM

Tuesday: A.J. Burnett (RHP) vs. Matt Garza (RHP) @ 7:08 PM

Wednesday: Andy Pettitte (LHP) vs. Andy Sonnanstine (RHP) @ 4:08 PM

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm little worried about Teixeira. 3rd straight game on the bench.

YANKEES

1. Jeter SS
  2. Damon LF
  3. Swisher 1B
  4. Posada C
  5. Nady RF
  6. Cano 2B
  7. Matsui DH
  8. Ransom 3B
  9. Cabrera CF

RHP Chien-Ming Wang.

RAYS

1. Upton CF
  2. Crawford LF
  3. Longoria 3B
  4. Pena 1B
  5. Burrell DH
  6. Navarro C
  7. Gross RF
  8. Iwamura 2B
  9. Bartlett SS

LHP Scott Kazmir.

Okay, I'm little worried about Teixeira. 3rd straight game on the bench.

YANKEES

1. Jeter SS
  2. Damon LF
  3. Swisher 1B
  4. Posada C
  5. Nady RF
  6. Cano 2B
  7. Matsui DH
  8. Ransom 3B
  9. Cabrera CF

RHP Chien-Ming Wang.

RAYS

1. Upton CF
  2. Crawford LF
  3. Longoria 3B
  4. Pena 1B
  5. Burrell DH
  6. Navarro C
  7. Gross RF
  8. Iwamura 2B
  9. Bartlett SS

LHP Scott Kazmir.

See Ortiz, David.

I'm not happy about this. Not one bit.

I'm so freaking pumped up for this series, it aint even funny.

B.J Upton returns which should be HUGE for this Rays team because this man is one of the best players on this team. His arm in the outfield is 2nd to none...He has a CANNON! He covers ALOT of Ground as a CF, he can steal bases with the best of em and he always finds ways to get on base... Put it this way, Upton just makes this Rays team THAT MUCH BETTER.

And how about Longoria? Wow...5 HR's in 6 games!

Like I was saying all of last year over @ theganggreen...You have to win in Arpil, May, June, July and August JUST to have a chance in September and October and believe me...This series between the Yankees and Rays should be exciting.

I'm going for a 3 game sweep of the Yankees because Upton will bring the fire back into this Rays lineup, Kazmir is 1-0 and looking REALLY strong on the mound and Garza may just have the best stuff in the rotation. I could see Sonnanstine getting rocked but @ the same time...Pettitte is not the same Andy as old.

Im calling a 3 game sweep and it's not because I'm a Rays homer, it's because this team is TOUGH to play against for opposing teams @ the Trop...We play amazing here and it's hard for opposing teams to match the Rays energy here @ the trop.

Right now the Rays are 3-3 and I'll accept that because we played all 6 games on the road against Boston and Baltimore and I really feel that this Rays team will prove to everyone during this series why we are the best of the AL East.

I cant wait for the Rays AL Pennant championship banner to be raised (I'll be watching on T.V tonight) But I'll be @ the game tomorrow!

I'm so freaking pumped up for this series, it aint even funny.

B.J Upton returns which should be HUGE for this Rays team because this man is one of the best players on this team. His arm in the outfield is 2nd to none...He has a CANNON! He covers ALOT of Ground as a CF, he can steal bases with the best of em and he always finds ways to get on base... Put it this way, Upton just makes this Rays team THAT MUCH BETTER.

And how about Longoria? Wow...5 HR's in 6 games!

Like I was saying all of last year over @ theganggreen...You have to win in Arpil, May, June, July and August JUST to have a chance in September and October and believe me...This series between the Yankees and Rays should be exciting.

I'm going for a 3 game sweep of the Yankees because Upton will bring the fire back into this Rays lineup, Kazmir is 1-0 and looking REALLY strong on the mound and Garza may just have the best stuff in the rotation. I could see Sonnanstine getting rocked but @ the same time...Pettitte is not the same Andy as old.

Im calling a 3 game sweep and it's not because I'm a Rays homer, it's because this team is TOUGH to play against for opposing teams @ the Trop...We play amazing here and it's hard for opposing teams to match the Rays energy here @ the trop.

Right now the Rays are 3-3 and I'll accept that because we played all 6 games on the road against Boston and Baltimore and I really feel that this Rays team will prove to everyone during this series why we are the best of the AL East.

I cant wait for the Rays AL Pennant championship banner to be raised (I'll be watching on T.V tonight) But I'll be @ the game tomorrow!

Tropicana "Field" should be bulldozed.

By the way, if the Rays win this series it really doesn't prove anything. The Yankees aren't at full strength right now. No A-Rod, and currently no Teixeira.

When the Yankees have this lineup on the field every day than we can really get down to business.

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Cano 2B

Posada C

Swisher LF

Nady/Matsui DH

Gardner CF

Tropicana "Field" should be bulldozed.

I'm loving the fact that the Yankees no longer play @ the REAL "Yankee Stadium" The house that Ruth built is now a thing of the past and the "Yankee Mystique" is dead and gone because they left the house that Ruth built...Huge mistake.

All that history, all those years off winning are now a thing of the past... Yeah, the Yankees have a nice ball park as of right now but it's not the same...And in my eyes...It's just another ball park with NO history.

By the way, if the Rays win this series it really doesn't prove anything. The Yankees aren't at full strength right now. No A-Rod, and currently no Teixeira.

When the Yankees have this lineup on the field every day than we can really get down to business.

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Cano 2B

Posada C

Swisher LF

Nady/Matsui DH

Gardner CF

No excuses, we need to play good, smart ball. That includes from our manager.

I'm loving the fact that the Yankees no longer play @ the REAL "Yankee Stadium" The house that Ruth built is now a thing of the past and the "Yankee Mystique" is dead and gone because they left the house that Ruth built...Huge mistake.

All that history, all those years off winning are now a thing of the past... Yeah, the Yankees have a nice ball park as of right now but it's not the same...And in my eyes...It's just another ball park with NO history.

I've already been to the new Yankee Stadium, and it's awesome. It's a huge living museum. Tropicana Field on the other hand, is a convention hall with carpet flooring.

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Cano 2B

Posada C

Swisher LF

Nady/Matsui DH

Gardner CF

Already making excuses...

Who cares if A.Roid and Tex are out? The Yankees have more money on that payroll than the Rays could ever dream of...It's called a team game and it's not the Rays fault the Yanks and A-Roid are hurt.

Injuries happen in baseball...It's part of the game, dont make excuses because two players are injured on a team that spends millions and millions of dollars on players each and every year.

The Rays are a young and exciting team with talent and potential, players such as Crawford, Longoria, and Upton are all home-grown players and it's clear to see that the Yankees are an aging team who looks to spend money like crazy instead of ACTUALLY building a team. When the Yankees started to win in 1996, they were BUILDING a dynasty, they werent just "Trying to buy championships" Because it hasnt been working for the Yankees the past couple of years and you all ALWAYS seem to be hurt.

I could care less that the Yanks are without A-Roid and Tex because MY team is @ full strength and this home opener should be really exciting and thats all that matters.

Who cares if A.Roid and Tex are out? The Yankees have more money on that payroll than the Rays could ever dream of...It's called a team game and it's not the Rays fault the Yanks and A-Roid are hurt.

Injuries happen in baseball...It's part of the game, dont make excuses because two players are injured on a team that spends millions and millions of dollars on players each and every year.

The Rays are a young and exciting team with talent and potential, players such as Crawford, Longoria, and Upton are all home-grown players and it's clear to see that the Yankees are an aging team who looks to spend money like crazy instead of ACTUALLY building a team. When the Yankees started to win in 1996, they were BUILDING a dynasty, they werent just "Trying to buy championships" Because it hasnt been working for the Yankees the past couple of years and you all ALWAYS seem to be hurt.

I could care less that the Yanks are without A-Roid and Tex because MY team is @ full strength and this home opener should be really exciting and thats all that matters.

It's funny cause you made and "excuse" for your road trip because Upton being out. Convenient.

Blah blah blah blah blah, It's April 13th, and you're acting like this is a huge series, which it obviously isn't, especially when one of the team don't have there 2 best hitters in the lineup. Something tells me you would be saying same thing if Longoria and Pena where on the shelf. Though you aleady did make excuses starting the year on the road and being without Upton. But that's it, until game time, I'm not interested in arguing with someone who became a fan about 12 minutes ago.

Maybe the Yankees should run there team like the Rays. All they have to do is be the worse team in the history of baseball over a 10 year span and stock pile draft picks. Yankee fans, you down for that? You willing to suck ass for a decade and maybe win a championship after?

Maybe the Yankees should run there team like the Rays. All they have to do is be the worse team in the history of baseball over a 10 year span and stock pile draft picks. Yankee fans, you down for that? You willing to suck ass for a decade and maybe win a championship after?

We actually bulit a team with smart trades and smart FA pickups...Unlike the Yankees. It's obvious that you dont know **** about the Rays.

We got Bartlett (SS) and Garza (SP) from the Twins for Delmon Young

We signed Carlos Pena

We traded for Navarro

We signed Aki (2B) From Japan.

We killed the MEts in a trade for Kazmir.

We drafted and developed Upton into the player that he is today...A superstar.

I can go on and on...

The ONLY players on this Rays team that were top 5 draft picks are Longoria and Price....And Price isn't even on the team as of right now. Dont act like the Rays have had GREAT PICKS over the past 10 years because we havn't.

Anyways, what do you guys feel about Wang? We really need him to be dependable like he has been and IMO he's gotta work in more breaking pitches. They aren't bad but he just throws nothing but that sinker. I think I'd like to see him pitch a little more this year with that "pitchers" mindset.

But that's it, until game time, I'm not interested in arguing with someone who became a fan about 12 minutes ago.

12 minutes ago? lol, are you kidding me? Do you say things...Just to say em? You should atleast know what your talking about before you speak.

I've been a die hard Jets and Knicks fan since about the age of 10 and I've been a die hard Rays fan for over 10 years now... I dont need "Winning teams" such as the Yankees to love MY team...Im not a banwagon fan, are you? Mr.Yankee.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=27653.6&nav=messages&webtag=ml-rays

My user name on MLB,Com is "Rays-Pride" I joined that site last year in April (When the Rays had a LOSING record) And I was over @ ESPN as "Rays-Pride" for over 3 years...

Just because your a banwagon Yankee fan, doesnt mean everyone else is the same.

"12 Mins ago" lmao.

Anyways, what do you guys feel about Wang? We really need him to be dependable like he has been and IMO he's gotta work in more breaking pitches. They aren't bad but he just throws nothing but that sinker. I think I'd like to see him pitch a little more this year with that "pitchers" mindset.

I'm going to continue to let that guy talk to himself.

But, with Wang, he is what he is. He's a sinker ball pitcher, when that sinker isn't working.. he's not going to be good. It's that simple.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, Wang's sinker is usually on. He's been pretty reliable during his career, especially after a loss.

He is what he is. He's a sinker ball pitcher, when that sinker isn't working.. he's not going to be good.

You can't always make excuses that "If it's now working" he can make it work better if he's mixing in some other pitches. It's NASTY and the days he's on it's tough to get on base with him. I'm saying that if it's not that, not NASTY then people smack him around. Other guys have their "pitches" but they know how to make it work better when it's not at its best.

I'm going to continue to let that guy talk to himself.

But, with Wang, he is what he is. He's a sinker ball pitcher, when that sinker isn't working.. he's not going to be good. It's that simple.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, Wang's sinker is usually on. He's been pretty reliable during his career, especially after a loss.

I did read somewhere though that sinker ballers all had bad first starts. Outside of Halladay who is a sinker/SO/power/robot/T1000 Terminator.

Something to do with weather and as silly as it sounds the tension of the first start and gripping the ball tighter.

Would be nice to see him bounce back today. Rays got a good lineup and a quality outing against them would boost his confidence. Wang is good, and I want to see him do well.

(I had to stop myself from saying "I love Wang")

I did read somewhere though that sinker ballers all had bad first starts. Outside of Halladay who is a sinker/SO/power/robot/T1000 Terminator.

Something to do with weather and as silly as it sounds the tension of the first start and gripping the ball tighter.

Would be nice to see him bounce back today. Rays got a good lineup and a quality outing against them would boost his confidence. Wang is good, and I want to see him do well.

(I had to stop myself from saying "I love Wang")

I would be nice to see Wang have a nice start, that would mean 5 straight solid outings from our rotation.

Brunett pitched well in his first start

Pettitte was lightouts in his first start

Sabathia was really solid in his 2nd start

Chamberlain was solid in his first start.

Evan Longoria was named AL Player of the Week.

Longoria had a monster first week with a .481 batting average, five home runs and led the majors with a 1.185 slugging percentage while striking out only three times. It's scary to think that the 23-year-old third baseman is only going to get better with time

Archived