New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What makes you think there are patriots in the house? Mr. Wilfork? Is that you? If so, you may want to watch out for JiF. He's been eyeing your wife for a while now.

BTW, Role reveals SHOULD NOT include the player name you were given as 'flavor' - that's exactly the type of out of game confirming data not allowed.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear - and anyone who does it, townie or scum, should be mod killed.

Sounds like someone got Bryan Thomas... :rolleyes:

No, I meant you were after Mrs. Wilfork

vince-wife.jpg

She looks like Seth Rogan, which I guess is hot to someone.

Herm Edwards? Doug Brien?

I'd love to see the posting requirement for a Herm character. HELLO?!?

I think the real issue was roleless townies receiving flavor in their PM and it being the same for all of them. This lead to them proving themselves with the use of certain keywords..

If someone is Gene Upshaw and he can protect a player from being cut everyday, I don't think it hurts to allow that to be said or faked... It makes it more interesting to try and vett the claim..."Does it make sense within the current game constructs?"

Yeah, that was it.

In fact, in that game I seemed to have one of the few names that wasn't food-related and was concerned that if push came to shove people wouldn't believe me because if it. The names should be used for the reasons CTM described, IMHO. It's easy for us to describe them without having to use our PM's.

She looks like Seth Rogan, which I guess is hot to someone.

Good one, slats. Yep, she does. But I don't know what's up with her 1989 Salt-N-Peppa hairdo.

Yes, yes I know.

I notice Bleedin neglected to refer to it as the "SMC RULE" :D

Bleedin = Ahole.

That was revenge for me NKing him. But he was dead anyway. He was like JFK before he entered Dallas. There was no way he was getting out of there alive.

Yeah, that was it.

In fact, in that game I seemed to have one of the few names that wasn't food-related and was concerned that if push came to shove people wouldn't believe me because if it. The names should be used for the reasons CTM described, IMHO. It's easy for us to describe them without having to use our PM's.

Hmm.. Then I mussed up, lucky that nobody ever put it together. The deal was that 1 mafia crew had italian meat last names, the other italian desert last names, and the townies had pasta/italian food last names. Idea being if scum had fake claimed but used the name I gave them, a studious townie could've picked it up and lynched em :D

lol just of curiosity, weren't u the one that modded the EY PMing townies game? I guess your games are destined to be affected by pms.

Yup... I liked that set up too and had already made everyone's "banned" avatar, so that was about an hour of wasted work

:soapbox:

lol just of curiosity, weren't u the one that modded the EY PMing townies game? I guess your games are destined to be affected by pms.

Yep, he was. Good memory JVoR.

I still don't know how Yellin screwed that up.

FYI, Mod Ruling Notes:

• Lynch votes are final upon the casting of the final vote, regardless of whether the final vote count has been posted. No un-votes will be counted once the required votes to lynch have been placed.

• As of now, no day phase deadlines will be set. Night phase deadlines will be set to around 24 hours, excluding weekend days. If the day phases start to routinely drag out, then its possible deadlines for lynch will be added.

If anyone has questions on any other items they'd like me to clarify, just let me know.

Good one, slats. Yep, she does. But I don't know what's up with her 1989 Salt-N-Peppa hairdo.

Bleedin = Ahole.

That was revenge for me NKing him. But he was dead anyway. He was like JFK before he entered Dallas. There was no way he was getting out of there alive.

Note: Insulting the mod may result in a modkill. :biggrin:

Hmm.. Then I mussed up, lucky that nobody ever put it together. The deal was that 1 mafia crew had italian meat last names, the other italian desert last names, and the townies had pasta/italian food last names. Idea being if scum had fake claimed but used the name I gave them, a studious townie could've picked it up and lynched em :D

Surprised no one caught on to that. Slats was slacking off.

Yup... I liked that set up too and had already made everyone's "banned" avatar, so that was about an hour of wasted work

:soapbox:

That was definately a great set up. It was my first game (or at least an early one). You're a pretty good mod when you're not screwing people over. :D

Haha! It was bad enough the way the 22nd and 51st were making my head hurt.

But my name was Castelloni - which almost sounds like something, but I've never had it and the googlez doesn't bring up any food, either. So I was at a disadvantage. :P

Haha! It was bad enough the way the 22nd and 51st were making my head hurt.

But my name was Castelloni - which almost sounds like something, but I've never had it and the googlez doesn't bring up any food, either. So I was at a disadvantage. :P

Lol...

I just went through my PM's and did the same thing.. I don't know where I came up with that name but I know I was struggling towards the end ;)

Sounds sort of like "castellane", which is a pasta ...

Haha, the names are actually a hilarious detail, CTM. :D It's a shame we didn't pick up on it.

Sounds sort of like "castellane", which is a pasta ...

Haha, the names are actually a hilarious detail, CTM. :D It's a shame we didn't pick up on it.

That may be what I was referencing. I remember searching "italian pastas" and just grabbing every name I found :D

Well then I am an idiot...I thought I was on to something with the last names...and then said I wasnt...and now I find out I was.

:bag:

That was definately a great set up. It was my first game (or at least an early one). You're a pretty good mod when you're not screwing people over. :D

LOL... I was on to it, thats why I was asking for JMJ's name...then I back off because I though there wasnt a relevance.

LOL... I was on to it, thats why I was asking for JMJ's name...then I back off because I though there wasnt a relevance.

Just curious, what pattern were you noticing (pasta/meat/dessert?), and what made you back off?

Well then I am an idiot...I thought I was on to something with the last names...and then said I wasnt...and now I find out I was.

I actually thought that's where you were going. Unforuntatly JMJ revealing the other stuff made me overeact by banning all talk of PM's..

I will never have flavor in roleless PM's again unless it's different for all of them..

I'm sure it's an old habit. Fat chicks love to hang out around Italian food. You just had your radar crossed.

Just curious, what pattern were you noticing (pasta/meat/dessert?), and what made you back off?

I was noticing they were just Italian meals in general. And then there were some I didnt recognize. My mom is 100% Italian and cooks like no other...I thought I knew all Italian dishes...I was wrong.

I backed off because some of them werent ringing bells, which I guess were some of the deserts that I didnt recognize.

I was noticing they were just Italian meals in general. And then there were some I didnt recognize. My mom is 100% Italian and cooks like no other...I thought I knew all Italian dishes...I was wrong.

I backed off because some of them werent ringing bells, which I guess were some of the deserts that I didnt recognize.

Slats really did carry you last game.

How did you & Vicious make it to the end?

I honestly think Mafia figured I was a better asset alive so I could make a stupid decisions and cost the town.

Haha, so then I'm taking it as a compliment that I was the first roleless townie to be NKed. :P (SMC shooting Bleedin' doesn't count.)

You realize what you did last game was screwed up, right? Once you are dead don't make any posts that are game related.

+1

We were on it, and I thought CTM might close the game because of some of those postmortem posts.

I honestly think Mafia figured I was a better asset alive so I could make a stupid decisions and cost the town.

I can't speak for the other team, but from my perspective, it was more that the hit list was getting too large to worry about roleless townies. We had to worry about Jets Things, AVM, and Norway having roles or possibly being the other scum team. Once EY and I were gone, it was up to Sharrow to ID the last remaining member of the other team. I figured you weren't scum because you were SO wrong about SMC and Doggin and to link yourself with Doggin that way would be too risky since you'd be the last remaining member. I actually thought you may have been a cop that investigated Doggin.

Archived