Yankees vs. Indians @ Yankee Stadium (Home Opener/New Yankee Stadium debut)

Morrissey

NEW YANKEE STADIUM DEBUT

3419576663_6a4bf7f683_o-5.jpg15facade_600-1.jpg

New York Yankees vs. Cleveland Indians

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png.......................100px-Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg.png

Pitching Matchups:

Tomorrow: CC Sabathia (LHP) vs. Cliff Lee (LHP) @ 1:05 PM

Friday: Joba Chamberlain (RHP) vs. Anthony Reyes (RHP) @ 1:05 PM

Saturday: Chien-Ming Wang (RHP) vs. Fausto Carmona (RHP) @ 3:40 PM

Sunday: A.J. Burnett (RHP) vs. Carl Pavano (RHP) @ 1:05 PM

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yankees leaving and getting a new ball park was horrid for baseball, whats next? Fenway Park and Wrigley Field will become a thing of the past? Lets hope not because thats history right there.

The Yankees no longer play in "The House That Ruth Built" and I'm just excited that we wont have to listen to all of that "Yankee Mystique" talk everytime the Yankees make a comeback.

Some Yankee fans are pumped up and excited about this new ballpark and thats all it really is, a new ball park... But honestly, it's a sad day for baseball. This Stadium will NEVER witness 26 championships and I hope it never gets to host one.

By the way guys... make sure to tune in at 11:30 tomorrow morning for all the pre game ceremonies.

Something tells me it's going to be a lot better than half assed job the Mets did the other day.

No 1 cares about this new ball park, lol...It's just a new ball park and thats all it is. Same as any other new ball park.

Put it this way...Its not the house that Ruth built and it wont be the house that A-Roid built because he's injured. All in all...Nothing special.

No 1 cares about this new ball park, lol...It's just a new ball park and thats all it is. Same as any other new ball park.

Put it this way...Its not the house that Ruth built and it wont be the house that A-Roid built because he's injured. All in all...Nothing special.

Piss off.

whats next? Fenway Park and Wrigley Field will become a thing of the past?

Umm... yeah

These buildings where not built to last forever, Fenway and Wrigley will be gone just like Comiskey Park, Tiger Stadium, and now Yankee Stadium.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed losing 2 of 3 to the Yankees.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

The details on Opening Day

This release from the Yankees:

The New York Yankees will inaugurate Yankee Stadium with its first-ever regular season game on Thursday, April 16 at 1:05 p.m. vs. the Cleveland Indians.

Gates will open to fans with valid tickets beginning at 10:00 a.m. The Yankees are asking fans to be situated in their seats by 12:00 p.m. in advance of pregame ceremonies. Please budget ample time when planning your trip and be sure to consider using public transportation.

Ceremonies will begin at 12:10 p.m. with the West Point Marching Band performing John Philip Sousa’s “Washington Post March” and “Stars and Stripes Forever” in a tribute to the original Yankee Stadium’s opener on April 18, 1923, when Sousa performed on field with the Seventh Regiment Band prior to the game. The West Point Band will also play the “Armed Forces Medley.”

More than 40 distinguished Yankees alumni, such as Whitey Ford, Rich “Goose” Gossage, Reggie Jackson and Willie Randolph, will be introduced on-field, followed by baseline introductions for both teams. (A complete list of attending alumni may be found at the end of this release). Yankees Hall-of-Famer Yogi Berra will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.

Colors will be presented by a joint FDNY and NYPD color guard. After a 75-foot-by-150-foot American flag is unfurled in the outfield by West Point Cadets, Kelly Clarkson, winner of the first season of American Idol and two Grammy Awards, will sing the national anthem. At the conclusion of the anthem, the 174th Fighter Wing, an Air Force unit based in Syracuse, N.Y., will fly over the Stadium in F-16C Flying Falcons. The unit executing the flyover returned to the United States last August after supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom at Balad Air Force Base in Iraq.

The home plate and pitching rubber to be used in Thursday’s game is the same set that was used in the final game at the original Yankee Stadium. Following the game, the items will be dug up and placed in the Yankees Museum, located in Yankee Stadium near Gate 6.

All fans in attendance will receive an inaugural season commemorative pin. For information on parking, please visit www.baseball-parking.com or call (866) 330-7275.

Alumni Attending Opening Day Ceremonies: Luis Arroyo, Jesse Barfield, Yogi Berra, Ron Blomberg, Bobby Brown, Horace Clarke, Jerry Coleman, David Cone, Chili Davis, Bucky Dent, Al Downing, Dave Eiland, Ed Figueroa, John Flaherty, Whitey Ford, Joe Girardi, Rich “Goose” Gossage, Ken Griffey, Sr., Ron Guidry, Charlie Hayes, Rickey Henderson, Reggie Jackson, Tommy John, Jim Kaat, Don Larsen, Hector Lopez, Tino Martinez, Lee Mazzilli, Gene Michael, Jeff Nelson, Graig Nettles, Paul O’Neill, Joe Pepitone, Willie Randolph, Bobby Richardson, Mickey Rivers, Buck Showalter, Bill “Moose” Skowron, Luis Sojo, Mel Stottlemyre, Ralph Terry, Bob Turley, David Wells, Roy White, Bernie Williams, Dave Winfield.

Schedule of events:

10 a.m.: Gates open

12:10 p.m.: West Point Band performs in center field

12:30 p.m.: Introduction of Yankees alumni, introduction of home plate and mound from old Stadium

12:42 p.m.–12:53 p.m.: Baseline introductions

12:53 p.m.: Introduction of giant American flag, unfurled by West Point cadets.

12:53:30 p.m.: Flyover introduction, 174th Fighter Wing

12:54 p.m.: Presentation of colors by NYPD/FDNY Color Guard

12:54:30 p.m.: National anthem by Kelly Clarkson

12:56 p.m.: National Anthem, F-16C flyover

1:01 p.m.: Ceremonial first pitch: Yogi Berra

1:04 p.m.: Umpires and managers to home plate

1:06 p.m.: Yankees take the field

1:08 p.m.: First pitch

Agreed. Although outside of Wang I think we did pretty damn good down in Tampa. Big series that was, stealing it on the road.

Oh yea no doubt, but we can run off a few wins here with CC, Joba, Wang (I confident he'll be okay his next start), and AJ.

The Yankees leaving and getting a new ball park was horrid for baseball, whats next? Fenway Park and Wrigley Field will become a thing of the past? Lets hope not because thats history right there.

The Yankees no longer play in "The House That Ruth Built" and I'm just excited that we wont have to listen to all of that "Yankee Mystique" talk everytime the Yankees make a comeback.

Some Yankee fans are pumped up and excited about this new ballpark and thats all it really is, a new ball park... But honestly, it's a sad day for baseball. This Stadium will NEVER witness 26 championships and I hope it never gets to host one.

The original Yankee Stadium was gutted and remodeled in the mid-70's. The stadium that my dad went to growing up was different from the stadium that I experienced. No monuments on the field, no more death valley in left center (was 457 ft.).

Times change, stadiums become outdated. It's sad to see the old stadium go, but these are still the Yankees the greatest and most successful franchise in the history of baseball.

I'm sure that one day Fenway and Wrigley will be torn down and replaced.

Why are you here?

Umm... yeah

These buildings where not built to last forever, Fenway and Wrigley will be gone just like Comiskey Park, Tiger Stadium, and now Yankee Stadium.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed losing 2 of 3 to the Yankees.

Wrigley (and I think Fenway too) is a protected historical site. They can't tear it down.

Piss off to your cheap ugly dome and leave the Yankee Stadium talk to the Yankee fans. I hate when fans of other teams come out of nowhere to talk out of their ass and shyt on other teams because of pure jealousy

Piss off to your cheap ugly dome and leave the Yankee Stadium talk to the Yankee fans. I hate when fans of other teams come out of nowhere to talk out of their ass and shyt on other teams because of pure jealousy

Nah...I just think it's sad for Baseball that the Yankees left, that place had so much damn history that it wasnt even funny...Why not just rebuild the place?

And once the Rays waterfront ball park gets built...We will see who has the last laugh

Nah...I just think it's sad for Baseball that the Yankees left, that place had so much damn history that it wasnt even funny...Why not just rebuild the place?

And once the Rays waterfront ball park gets built...We will see who has the last laugh

Keep dreaming, I just watched an interview with Stuart Sternberg and he said there is no budget for a new ballpark anytime soon, even though they unvieled plans for it.:yawn:. Your jealousy is palpable

You are so completely clueless that it's not even funny.

Seriously, you know nothing. Nothing about New York. Nothing about the Yankees. Nothing about either of our stadiums. Nothing about history. And nothing about baseball. Take a walk.

LOL even more that you think that even if TB were to get a new stadium that it would even come close to this one. Is it going to only have 20,000 seats so it looks fuller? Your team is good now. It better be after a decade of 1st picks in the draft. Good luck keeping that together for more than a couple years :rolleyes:

Archived