The 1 Major Beef I had with this game

Barton

Listen, I know the Jets got their asses handed to them in the 1st quarter. The defense was not prepared for the toss play. I dont know how you can not be prepared for that. Thats all the Chiefs do, run that dang toss play off tackle and all you see is either Holmes or Johnson weave through arm tackles.

I know Pennington really, and I mean REALLY fukked up with the fumbles. But I was actually pleased with a few things on offense.

The Tight End, Jolley or Baker will be forces this year. They will make plays, I love it.

Our WRs were getting open every time vs the Chiefs soft secondary. But Chad was RUUUUUUSTY. He doesnt have his timing down yet. And it was very odd to see Coles drop a touchdown pass in 2 different occasions. 1 he just shortarmed, I dont know why. The other by Fielder was catchable. And the throw down the sideline should have been caught. But if Chad was not so rusty the ball would have been right in Coles hands for an easy touchdown. Again, I loved what I saw from our WRs and TEs.

The offensive line in the 1st half, especially the 1st quarter, they didnt know what protection means. Chad had to wiggle out of alot of sacks like a magician. Horrible play by the Oline in the 1st half. They did well in the 2nd half, I was pleased.

I have 2 major gripes with the offense.

WHY, why do you call toss plays with a slow running back with no moves?? Ok. Try it once or twice, but stop going to that on 1st down and losing a yard and making it 2nd 11.

Also. Why did Curtis keep getting runs on delayed handoffs!?!?!?????? This really puzzled me. The Oline was having a hard time opening holes, and delayng the hand off just makes things worse. That was what REALLY pissed me off.

But my MAJOR gripe was why the hell do you keep giving the ball to Curtis Martin if he is getting no yards.

GIVE THE MUTHER EFFING BALL TO DERRICK BLAYLOCK.

He didnt get A SINGLE CARRY IN THE 1st or 2nd HALF!!

How much money is he making?? Alot for a backup who gets no touches.

Say what you want about Curtis, but he is a selfish bastard. A complete ballhog. If the man had any sense he would have said "coach, I got nothing today, give Derrick a chance".

That would be too much to ask I suppose.

That was my major MAJOR gripe with the game.

I know we got our tails kicked when you look at the final score, but overall I was very very pleased with our team as a whole. After the 1st quarter I really felt we outplayed the chiefs, but didnt cash in on the chances, due to being very very rusty and not insync.

Also, the special teams will be a force. Ben Graham is the REAL DEAL and Justin Miller is a very good Kickoff return man.

Listen, I know the Jets got their asses handed to them in the 1st quarter. The defense was not prepared for the toss play. I dont know how you can not be prepared for that. Thats all the Chiefs do, run that dang toss play off tackle and all you see is either Holmes or Johnson weave through arm tackles.

I know Pennington really, and I mean REALLY fukked up with the fumbles. But I was actually pleased with a few things on offense.

The Tight End, Jolley or Baker will be forces this year. They will make plays, I love it.

Our WRs were getting open every time vs the Chiefs soft secondary. But Chad was RUUUUUUSTY. He doesnt have his timing down yet. And it was very odd to see Coles drop a touchdown pass in 2 different occasions. 1 he just shortarmed, I dont know why. The other by Fielder was catchable. And the throw down the sideline should have been caught. But if Chad was not so rusty the ball would have been right in Coles hands for an easy touchdown. Again, I loved what I saw from our WRs and TEs.

The offensive line in the 1st half, especially the 1st quarter, they didnt know what protection means. Chad had to wiggle out of alot of sacks like a magician. Horrible play by the Oline in the 1st half. They did well in the 2nd half, I was pleased.

I have 2 major gripes with the offense.

WHY, why do you call toss plays with a slow running back with no moves?? Ok. Try it once or twice, but stop going to that on 1st down and losing a yard and making it 2nd 11.

Also. Why did Curtis keep getting runs on delayed handoffs!?!?!?????? This really puzzled me. The Oline was having a hard time opening holes, and delayng the hand off just makes things worse. That was what REALLY pissed me off.

But my MAJOR gripe was why the hell do you keep giving the ball to Curtis Martin if he is getting no yards.

GIVE THE MUTHER EFFING BALL TO DERRICK BLAYLOCK.

He didnt get A SINGLE CARRY IN THE 1st or 2nd HALF!!

How much money is he making?? Alot for a backup who gets no touches.

Say what you want about Curtis, but he is a selfish bastard. A complete ballhog. If the man had any sense he would have said "coach, I got nothing today, give Derrick a chance".

That would be too much to ask I suppose.

That was my major MAJOR gripe with the game.

I know we got our tails kicked when you look at the final score, but overall I was very very pleased with our team as a whole. After the 1st quarter I really felt we outplayed the chiefs, but didnt cash in on the chances, due to being very very rusty and not insync.

Also, the special teams will be a force. Ben Graham is the REAL DEAL and Justin Miller is a very good Kickoff return man.

EB50, I kept saying to myself, where is Blaylock? This guy is a good back and if CUMAR is too slow to hit a hole, I think Blaylock would have been better.

Why can't they give another RB a shot? I wish someone would ask Herman that? why not go with a different back. Cumar was stood up a few times. Please can someone ask Herm why not get Blaylock in there?

Can you imagine what cumar's line against the ravens and dolphins will look like.... 19 carries for 32 yards....UGH!

LL

Yeah, Chad wanting to throw to Wayne in triple coverage is #80's fault. Solid.

Chrebet was one of the few playing his a$$ off today when he was in there

I could play my ass off in a game, doesn't mean I deserve to be in the NFL. Just because Chrebet played a bit less like dog sh*t than everyone else doesnt mean he's still got something left in the tank.

Barton, you're my boy...but grow up here and stop pinting the finger at Curtis

The offensive line got completely manhandled

That was the worst OLine perfomance I have ever seen by a Mawae led line, EVER

They were completely stood up on so many occasions, it wasn't funny

None of that proves Curtis is anything but done. 32 year old running backs just don't come back strong after a 426 carry season. It's unfortunate, but it's never too early to discuss the topic most will never touch: when do we cut bait and let # 28 walk?

The Tight End, Jolley or Baker will be forces this year.

Come on now, forces? Maybe the problem was the TEs were going out for passes instead of staying in to block and that's why Chad had so much pressure. I think Hackett figured this out and that's were the TEs never went out into patterns last year. It's better to keep your QB in one piece than send out a TE.

None of that proves Curtis is anything but done. 32 year old running backs just don't come back strong after a 426 carry season. It's unfortunate, but it's never too early to discuss the topic most will never touch: when do we cut bait and let # 28 walk?

Not after a 1700 yard season

And absolutely not after a week 1 loss

I have to agree with JonEJet- the offensive line was totally dominated today- you win games by winning at the line of scrimmage- today the jets were totally outplayed there

Curtis's numbers mean nothing to me. If you watch the games, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

He'll most likely turn in another 1,000 yard season filled with draws on 3rd and long while not breaking a single run the entire year. And in the end people will show me the state line and say "hey heres 1000 again, what else could you ask for?"

Curtis is all class, but sometimes you have to move on.

Chrebet can still play, don't get me wrong. But Chad relies on him FAR too much in clutch situations and don't think the opposing teams don't know it.

Sorry to use a baseball analogy, but while Neifi Perez is a very useful bench player, I'd prefer to Cubs DFA his ass simply so Dusty won't have the option to play his "guy" everyday.

Curtis's numbers mean nothing to me. If you watch the games, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

He'll most likely turn in another 1,000 yard season filled with draws on 3rd and long while not breaking a single run the entire year. And in the end people will show me the state line and say "hey heres 1000 again, what else could you ask for?"

Curtis is all class, but sometimes you have to move on.

I agree. But unfortunately, because of money, Curtis will remain in the lineup.

The natural tendency of humans is to honor sunk costs. Curtis is one of them. And what with Herm sticking behind him throughout his time here, there's no chance Blaylock will get a starting nod until Curtis is good and ready to retire.

**** Herm.

How many turnovers did Chad have today? was it more or less than a half dozen? The Qb makes the big bucks for a reason, he can't fumble like this. It's becoming chronic.

I agree. It was completely idiotic. But it is fixable. Thats what I take out of it. Mawae and Pennington will practice it over and over again till the sun sets each day. It's a freak thing, 6 fumbles is. I wouldnt count on that happening next week. The team shot itself in the foot. Uncharacteristic of the Jets, so I do not think it will continue.

Archived