the REAL Bottom line

bitonti

some days you catch the breaks and sometimes the breaks catch you.

on the road, down by two touchdowns in the first quarter is not a nice place to be.

People say throw Herm under the bus and maybe their anger is justified - but Herman Edwards Jets football trademarks are don't turn the ball over, don't commit penalties, don't make mental mistakes and the players didn't follow the program.

I will admit that Vermeil had Herman out gameplanned. The Jets defense was designed to stop Tony G, which it did but the secondary was left out on an island. The pass rush didn't show up until the 3rd quarter and that's not acceptable either.

Turnovers on the road early that lead to points are deadly, it's like shooting your horse while he's still in the starting gate. Forget about victory they were lucky no one got seriously injured in that shambles of a game.

Doesn't matter what your gameplan is when the QB and Center can't make the exchange. That's a set piece of play that has to be made, and without that the offense can't operate - field position is pissed away.

How ironic that die hard Jets fans are so psyched for the shotgun formation, as it turns out they can't execute the snap and catch and Dinger has to pull it from the playbook after the third quarter? Somewhere Hackett is laughing his ass off!!

the real bottom line is that we are lucky the NFL is not a poll league or points differencial type of sitaution - even though this loss was so ugly it's only a single loss.

it's hard to see the forest for the trees after a game like today, but there's alot of football left Jets fans don't kick the family dog too hard tonight.

Did herm tell Coles to drop wide open TD passes? Did herm tell Mawai to shotgun the snap over Chad's head? Did herm tell Barton to forget how to pursue, tackle, and play pass or run coverage? Did herm tell Fabini to be possibly the worst LT over the past two years runnin?....NOPE!!!

I will say this, all of those are correctable, except for Fabini, he is a lost cause, I said it last year, and nothing has changed with him, he's DONE, and if they dont get rid of him, its over for Chads career.

PS....positives: Chad's arm is fine, those outs and posts showed that he has some zip on the ball which I liked very much to see. Baker has finally emerged. ...and thats about it.

Did herm tell Coles to drop wide open TD passes? Did herm tell Mawai to shotgun the snap over Chad's head? Did herm tell Barton to forget how to pursue, tackle, and play pass or run coverage? Did herm tell Fabini to be possibly the worst LT over the past two years runnin?....NOPE!!!

I will say this, all of those are correctable, except for Fabini, he is a lost cause, I said it last year, and nothing has changed with him, he's DONE, and if they dont get rid of him, its over for Chads career.

PS....positives: Chad's arm is fine, those outs and posts showed that he has some zip on the ball which I liked very much to see. Baker has finally emerged. ...and thats about it.

Everything that went wrong can be linked to the head coach. Overall, Herm did not have anyone prepared for this game, and for that there is no ******* excuse good enough.

If Herm can get credit for playoffs 3/4 years, he should get blame for debacles like these, no?

Herm is the coach.

You lose a tough hard fought game, that is one thing, but you had your asses handed to you and by all accounts, it was from being outcoached.

Archived