Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Fenway Park

Morrissey

NEW YORK YANKEES VS. BOSTON RED SOX

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png...................100px-RedSoxPrimary_HangingSocks.svg.png

Friday: RHP Joba Chamberlain (0-0, 5.06) vs. LHP Jon Lester (1-2, 5.50) @ 7:05 PM

Saturday: RHP A.J. Burnett (2-0, 3.20) vs. RHP Josh Beckett (2-1, 3.79) @ 4:10 PM

Sunday: LHP Andy Pettitte (2-0, 2.53) vs. RHP Justin Masterson (1-0, 3.18) @ 8:05 PM

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEW YORK YANKEES VS. BOSTON RED SOX

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png...................100px-RedSoxPrimary_HangingSocks.svg.png

Friday: RHP Joba Chamberlain (0-0, 5.06) vs. LHP Jon Lester (1-2, 5.50) @ 7:05 PM

Saturday: RHP A.J. Burnett (2-0, 3.20) vs. RHP Josh Beckett (2-1, 3.79) @ 4:10 PM

Sunday: LHP Andy Pettitte (2-0, 2.53) vs. RHP Justin Masterson (1-0, 3.18) @ 8:05 PM

I like the matchups for the Sox. The only guy who should do well for the Yankees is Burnett as he owns the Sox.

If it gets to the bullpen the Sox have a huge advantage.

I like the matchups for the Sox. The only guy who should do well for the Yankees is Burnett as he owns the Sox.

HUH?

Chamberlain is very capable of going up to Fenway and shutting you guys down, he did it last year vs. Beckett, and Pettitte is Pettitte.

It seems like all the Yankee-Red Sox games at Fenway are decided by the bullpen.

I'd say the pitching matchups are pretty even. I don't know enough about the Sox pen this year to make a determination about who has the advantage there.

HUH?

Chamberlain is very capable of going up to Fenway and shutting you guys down, he did it last year vs. Beckett, and Pettitte is Pettitte.

Pettitte got rocked by the Sox last year. Chamberlain was solid. Burnett always pitches well against the Sox for whatever reason, though I'm glad Beckett opposes him.

Masterson had a solid start against the Yanks last season. Beckett was very good against the Yankees last season. Lester was money against the Yankees last season.

Matchups this series should be about even as far as starters. Sox hold the bullpen card though.

HUH?

So Joba and Andy are going to pitch 7+ innings each? The bullpen advantage goes to the Sox and it isn't even close.

What about the middle relief for your Yankees? They pretty much suck.

You mean the guys that won us the game today? (Jonathan Albaladejo, Damaso Marte, Phil Coke, Edwar Ramirez, and Jose Veras)

Our bullpen has won us 3 or 4 games.

Albaladejo- Other than Bruney and Rivera, has been a rock in the pen

Marte- Minus the 1 outing vs. Cleveland, has been good when used

Veras- Won the game today, and seems to have turned the corner, has only given up 1 run in his last 6.1 innings, and only 1 walk.

Coke- Has also turned the corner, and pitched well his last 3 times out

You mean the guys that won us the game today? (Albaladejo, Damaso Marte, Phil Coke, Edwar Ramirez, and Jose Veras)

Or the guys who have lost a few games for your boys?

You are the biggest Yankee homer I have ever seen. There is nothing wrong with that; but good lord man!

This should be an awesome series. I was just at Fenway on Sunday for the Orioles game...my cousin got married that weekend up in Boston so my uncle picked up about 20 tickets. Sat behind home plate on the press box level, pretty cool, but I would have liked to sit in the stands like a normal fan, to get a better feel of the park. Overall it was beautiful...anyway back to the series. It's gonna be tough considering Lester & Beckett always do great against the Yankees, but we don't have any slouches really on our side either. Joba pitched a gem that Friday night game last summer, hopefully he can do it again. I smell a pitchers' duel for that one with Joba v. Lester. Burnett has been nothing short of spectacular and I think the Saturday game will be a pitchers' duel as well. Pettitte is Pettitte. I can definitely see either team sweeping. But I like the Yanks ;). They take 2/3

You are the biggest Yankee homer I have ever seen. There is nothing wrong with that; but good lord man!

It was just nerves... Yanks are >>>>>>>> Red Sox

2 games? (Coke blew a game in Kansas City, and Veras/Marte vs. Cleveland)

We have lost 6 games. Half of them because of Wang. 1 because of CC, 1 because of Coke, 1 because of Veras/Marte

Sox pen ERA is under 2.50.

Yankees Pen ERA is over 6 (or it was before today's game).

Game. Set. Match.

Dude it is like the 2nd or 3rd week into the season... those #'s really don't mean squat... your taunting them like its October and they wont change much... those #'s could flip completely opposite in just a few weeks...

Dude it is like the 2nd or 3rd week into the season... those #'s really don't mean squat... your taunting them like its October and they wont change much... those #'s could flip completely opposite in just a few weeks...

you didn't hear?

MLB is making the season end tonight and basing the playoffs on who has the best bullpen only

Sox pen ERA is under 2.50.

Yankees Pen ERA is over 6 (or it was before today's game).

Game. Set. Match.

God damn

You are a f-ing moron

the Yanks pen was stretched thin because of 3 pooor outings by Wang, and 1 by Joba

Why is the Sawx pen so good

Delcarmen????:good_one::rl:

Archived