Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Fenway Park

Morrissey

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to the Red Sux. They've made the Yankees their bitch this weekend. Damn, I wish we could trade managers with them.

Did you see the shots of Tito and Clueless Joe after Ellsbury stole home? Tito looked like he was saying, "Take THAT!" Girardidiot didn't seem to know what was going on.

Congrats to the Red Sux. They've made the Yankees their bitch this weekend. Damn, I wish we could trade managers with them.

Did you see the shots of Tito and Clueless Joe after Ellsbury stole home? Tito looked like he was saying, "Take THAT!" Girardidiot didn't seem to know what was going on.

Please, God, no.

Going to have a hard time moving him back to the bullpen. Especially when Dice-K and Smoltz come back. That's going to bump someone else too, but I'm not sure who at this point.

Do you know when Smoltz will be ready?

Has anyone seen Tyler Durden or Guido Monzino? Just not like those two Yankee fans not to post....hhmmmmmm

They're probably busy doing something else hardcore, besides being hardcore Yankee fans. Who knows? But Kudos to the Yankee fans that have shown up for some good natured ribbing. Game's not over yet. In that ballpark, 3 runs is nothing.

Do you know when Smoltz will be ready?

I think they have a target date sometime in June. Although knwoing his history, it may be sooner.

From rotoworld:

John Smoltz threw live batting practice in Florida on Saturday and "did well" according to manager Terry Francona.

"He wants to be in midseason form right now," Francona said. "And I don't know that that progression allows that right now. We have to remind a little bit that when he thinks he's running in place, he's not. His volume has expanded. He's doing a lot more now than he was before. It was nice to see him spring training, with the ball the way it was coming out of his hand. The workload is getting heavier now, and he's handling that." Smoltz is expected to throw another bullpen session in five days.

I think they have a target date sometime in June. Although knwoing his history, it may be sooner.

From rotoworld:

John Smoltz threw live batting practice in Florida on Saturday and "did well" according to manager Terry Francona.

"He wants to be in midseason form right now," Francona said. "And I don't know that that progression allows that right now. We have to remind a little bit that when he thinks he's running in place, he's not. His volume has expanded. He's doing a lot more now than he was before. It was nice to see him spring training, with the ball the way it was coming out of his hand. The workload is getting heavier now, and he's handling that." Smoltz is expected to throw another bullpen session in five days.

Thanks for the info. I'm guessing they would bump Penny for Smoltz. If Penny is pitching well they could always put Smoltz in the pen.

Just got back from the game... lots of fun. exciting game...

was sitting on 3rd base line just past the dugout (outfield side) and saw the Ellsbury steal of home... I was stunned to see him go. all i could say was.. he's going? it was like watching it in slow motion it was so unbelievable.

And yes, a curtain call is certainly worthy when you steal home with the bases loaded and 2 outs in a 1 run game. Set of balls on that kid.

Archived