Are You Happy With The Trade For Sanchez?

Maxman

Are you happy with this trade?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you happy with this trade?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't mind the trade, if we picked someone who can help us win in the next 3 years. Sanchez cannot step in right away and be the QB. We've set ourselves back another 5 year no matter how good the D is.

Probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

So you expect Sanchez to come in and start day 1 and be successful? Even though many said he should have stayed including his coach? It's going to be a huge learning curve and fans are going to expect immediate results and he won't provide them now if ever.

So you expect Sanchez to come in and start day 1 and be successful? Even though many said he should have stayed including his coach? It's going to be a huge learning curve and fans are going to expect immediate results and he won't provide them now if ever.

Before today we had Clemens or Ratliff starting this year. Now we've got Clemens or Sanchez. Even if you include the two rookies we would have drafted with our original 1st and 2nd + Coleman, Ratliff, and Elam I don't really see how it automatically sets us back 5 years. We lost 2 backups, Coleman and a 2nd round pick. I don't think that sets us back 5 years, especially if Sanchez turns out well. The only way it sets us back 5 years is if he ends up being a bust. So basically you're saying you don't like the trade because you think he's going to be a bust? Cause if he's not a bust, it doesn't set us back at all, imo, unless Ratliff is a stud.

We got Sanchez for a bunch of scrubs and a second round pick. He's gonna be a star here in NY ( atleast I hope so)

TEAM DIRTY!

+1 we did not morgage the farm like the bears did for cutler... we have a potential Franchise QG a new face for the Offense.. Cuz WE got Scott on The Def side. All for a bunch of scrubs (which we clear cap room for a trade) I wanted to see what we have but know its time to get Dirty.............

Very mixed feelings.

Obviously the draft is a crap shoot, but it was a weak QB draft by any means.

Once again though, we have "our guy" and at leas this time, he will be here more than a year.

Would a WR helped this year? Maybe.

BZ

Do you really want to talk about Miami?

I'm not trying to rain on your guys parade, I think Sanchez could be good with proper grooming, he has some solid tools, but I doubt he's a first year starter.

If there is one starter in the NFL draft, it is Sanchez, so I am good with that.

BZ

This was a Woody Johnson move. just like getting Favre was last year. I hope it fails miserably too.

Enough with this bald headed band -aid maker ruining my football team. :1cry:

Dude, wtf. Your opinion makes no friggin sense. Are you a jets fan or not. Why would you hope any move that the jets make fail.

This was a Woody Johnson move. just like getting Favre was last year. I hope it fails miserably too.

Enough with this bald headed band -aid maker ruining my football team. :1cry:

I would never understand some people, if we stayed at our same positon and waited and took a TE Brandon Pettigrew everyone would have jumped down Tanny's throat and shout same old jets...but they did something that I have not witnessed in close to 20 years which is trade up for a franchise QB. and its considered what?? a normal bonehead move.

Wrap your head around the fact that we traded 3 backups Ratliff (who had potential but is no franchise QB ) , Elam (would not have seen the field since the acquisition of Leonhard) , Coleman (a total waste of space on the line) and a 2nd round pick this year for Sanchez. You guys are getting on like he traded away a 1st in next years draft in the deal. Our draft is in tact for next season, we made a solid trade for a solid QB something that

1. we havnt had in ages

2. we were in desperate need of

we still have draft picks for today which I am sure Mr.T and Rex will find a blocking TE a WR that we need and a backup DE. For god sakes you guys relax and enjoy the moment that some of us who love the Green and White have been craving for ages.

Wrap your head around the fact that we traded 3 backups Ratliff (who had potential but is no franchise QB )

Please tell me how you know this, and how you know Sanchez is better than him or KC,because I want those powers.

YOU KNOW for a fact that Sanchez is a franchise QB, like Leaf,Leinart,David Carr,Tim Couch,Rick Mirer, You are positive.

and You KNOW that there is NO way Ratliff can be.

What if, and I hope to G-D I'm wrong, but what if in 4 years, Sanchez is out of football and Ratliff is a probowler.

I say this for one reason only, so you will stop speaking like an oracle.

Here's another one, week 5, Sanchez has 1 TD and 7 INT's and Leonhard gets hurt. again the same reason, not to bash my beloved team, but to bring you back to earth oh great one!

We got Sanchez for a bunch of scrubs and a second round pick. He's gonna be a star here in NY ( atleast I hope so)

TEAM DIRTY!

Who the f--k is Sanchez? When the college bowls ended everyone in the whole world said this was a 1 QB draft Stafford and a bunch of scrubs, now, without doing anything but partying and bannging models, he's a #5 franchise guy????

OK, we know he won't come right in as a rookie and blow the roof off so how about this:

We could have gotten Boldin or Edwards and a RB prospect and O-line prospect, then SEEN for a fact whether KC or Rat were for real.

If they were, we go deep into PO's.

If they DID suck, we get high pick next year for a better QB class (how could it not?)

A high second for a RB and blah, blah,

We didn't give anyone a chance, so Rat could go become a star. We have noone to play a competent SS, and we thinned out our line. For a project. A PROJECT!!!! Isn't that what KC and Rat were???

They want us to believe that by having hottub orgy's with playmates in Hollywood, Sanchez went from a low first to a NY superstar????

Who here is a NY'er, don't embarrass our city, we're the smartest people in the country, we got a handsome kid from Hollywood because he sells more seats than KC,Rat,Boldin, or Edwards.

We're not dumb, Woody, and Note to Sanchez:

"You are nothing but a mutha f%$king rookie, you better bring your ass in here and work, sorry that you had better recievers at USC, but I don't give a f---k, If Schotty says jump, you say 'how high? and don't come down till he tells you,punk!' "

Please tell me how you know this, and how you know Sanchez is better than him or KC,because I want those powers.

YOU KNOW for a fact that Sanchez is a franchise QB, like Leaf,Leinart,David Carr,Tim Couch,Rick Mirer, You are positive.

and You KNOW that there is NO way Ratliff can be.

What if, and I hope to G-D I'm wrong, but what if in 4 years, Sanchez is out of football and Ratliff is a probowler.

I say this for one reason only, so you will stop speaking like an oracle.

Here's another one, week 5, Sanchez has 1 TD and 7 INT's and Leonhard gets hurt. again the same reason, not to bash my beloved team, but to bring you back to earth oh great one!

i realise that we have been snake bitten in the past but for god sakes man think positive

we essentially got a franchise QB for a 2nd rd pick

steal of the century

I was listening to mayock

The Potential for Bust is much greater for Stafford and Freeman

He believes in Sanchez and his grade on him is just a bit lower than Ryan

When Sanchez came out of High School he was #1 HS QB prospect

To be honest I am sitting on the fence on this one -- I guess I am happy about it but for every Big Ben there are 5 Ryan Leafs -- His lack of playing at USC has nme a bit concerned and I made this point when he declared for the draft. Either way out of my or anyone elses control now --

Lets hope for the best.

it feels like ****ing christmas to me

don't forget we got favre in July and vinny in august after the second cut down, so even if the jets come away this weekend begging for WR help, there are other ways to get help

it's a glorious day jets fans, let go of your complex you've been conditioned to expect jets failure, embrace the franchise QB the jets just landed

it feels like ****ing christmas to me

don't forget we got favre in July and vinny in august after the second cut down, so even if the jets come away this weekend begging for WR help, there are other ways to get help

it's a glorious day jets fans, let go of your complex you've been conditioned to expect jets failure, embrace the franchise QB the jets just landed

Sanchez will be a star...enuff said

2010 we will contend

we essentially got a franchise QB for a 2nd rd pick

steal of the century

I was listening to mayock

The Potential for Bust is much greater for Stafford and Freeman

He believes in Sanchez and his grade on him is just a bit lower than Ryan

When Sanchez came out of High School he was #1 HS QB prospect

I knew eventually I'd agree with you on something. ;)

If it secures the QB the team wants to get, I'm not going to worry about trading away a single 2nd round pick that we've recently used on players like Kellen Clemens and Justin Miller and Mike Nugent. Christ, I still remember like it was yesterday what a "steal" Miller was in the 2nd round. Keller looks really good so far, but face it the kid is not a complete TE as he can't block worth a lick & isn't expected to become great at it. Harris was also great value & was a stud as a rookie, only to step back a little in year 2. And as much as I like Harris, he really can't cover for s**t.

I'm happy with Keller & Harris, but these guys all have their flaws. Every 2nd round pick doesn't assure the team of success with that pick. Out of our last 5 of them, two are off the team, one just had his replacement drafted, and the two most recent are good so far but certainly not all-out studs as of today.

Elam was not necessary on the team, even for depth. Eric Smith will be the depth this year & Elam's contract was only a 1-year deal anyway. Both of them suck regardless, so one over the other as a backup isn't a big deal to me. They were going to compete with each other for the backup job. Big whoop.

Ratliff is certainly expendable, being that it was a friggin' QB the Jets were drafting in the first place. 3rd string QB depth is not something to be concerned about.

Coleman was also expendable. The Jets are not expected to go to a full-time 3-4 defense under Ryan, so his value to the team is less than it was under Mangini (or less than he is to Mangini right now). It's not like he was so awesome last year - even next to Kris Jenkins - and lost playing time to backups in the one scheme he's suited for.

So is that it? These 3 stiffs and a 2nd round pick is what some are riled up about? I'd love to see what people would howl about if we'd traded a second round pick for the trio of:

- Kenyon Coleman (with 3 years left on his contract at about $3M/yr)

- Abram Elam (with a 1 year contract)

- Brett Ratliff (with a 2 year contract)

and then justified the move due to the "depth" it gave us. Because a 2nd round pick is the value these 3 losers were weighted at in this trade.

I knew eventually I'd agree with you on something. ;)

If it secures the QB the team wants to get, I'm not going to worry about trading away a single 2nd round pick that we've recently used on players like Kellen Clemens and Justin Miller and Mike Nugent. Christ, I still remember like it was yesterday what a "steal" Miller was in the 2nd round. Keller looks really good so far, but face it the kid is not a complete TE as he can't block worth a lick & isn't expected to become great at it. Harris was also great value & was a stud as a rookie, only to step back a little in year 2. And as much as I like Harris, he really can't cover for s**t.

I'm happy with Keller & Harris, but these guys all have their flaws. Every 2nd round pick doesn't assure the team of success with that pick. Out of our last 5 of them, two are off the team, one just had his replacement drafted, and the two most recent are good so far but certainly not all-out studs as of today.

Elam was not necessary on the team, even for depth. Eric Smith will be the depth this year & Elam's contract was only a 1-year deal anyway. Both of them suck regardless, so one over the other as a backup isn't a big deal to me. They were going to compete with each other for the backup job. Big whoop.

Ratliff is certainly expendable, being that it was a friggin' QB the Jets were drafting in the first place. 3rd string QB depth is not something to be concerned about.

Coleman was also expendable. The Jets are not expected to go to a full-time 3-4 defense under Ryan, so his value to the team is less than it was under Mangini (or less than he is to Mangini right now). It's not like he was so awesome last year - even next to Kris Jenkins - and lost playing time to backups in the one scheme he's suited for.

So is that it? These 3 stiffs and a 2nd round pick is what some are riled up about? I'd love to see what people would howl about if we'd traded a second round pick for the trio of:

- Kenyon Coleman (with 3 years left on his contract at about $3M/yr)

- Abram Elam (with a 1 year contract)

- Brett Ratliff (with a 2 year contract)

and then justified the move due to the "depth" it gave us. Because a 2nd round pick is the value these 3 losers were weighted at in this trade.

Agreed. Based on the trade value chart, the #52 pick was only half of what it should've taken to move up from #17 to #5. This move should've cost us at least #52 and a 2nd Rounder in 2010. If there were other teams looking to move up to take Sanchez, it could've easily escalated to next year's 1st Rounder.

Whether you like Sanchez as a prospect or not, you simply cannot complain about giving up too much to move up and grab him. Unless you're a moron, that is. :P

Agreed. Based on the trade value chart, the #52 pick was only half of what it should've taken to move up from #17 to #5. This move should've cost us at least #52 and a 2nd Rounder in 2010. If there were other teams looking to move up to take Sanchez, it could've easily escalated to next year's 1st Rounder.

Whether you like Sanchez as a prospect or not, you simply cannot complain about giving up too much to move up and grab him. Unless you're a moron, that is. :P

The move to #5 was a GREAT move...

People can argue who the JETS picked there of course... fair enough... but nobody can bash the move to #5 itself... great deal..

Except that it should have taken what we gave up plus a FIRST rounder in 2010. A second round pick in 2010 doesn't hold the same value as a second round pick in 2009. Next year's first rounder has the value of this year's second rounder.

Who the f--k is Sanchez? When the college bowls ended everyone in the whole world said this was a 1 QB draft Stafford and a bunch of scrubs, now, without doing anything but partying and bannging models, he's a #5 franchise guy????

OK, we know he won't come right in as a rookie and blow the roof off so how about this:

We could have gotten Boldin or Edwards and a RB prospect and O-line prospect, then SEEN for a fact whether KC or Rat were for real.

If they were, we go deep into PO's.

If they DID suck, we get high pick next year for a better QB class (how could it not?)

A high second for a RB and blah, blah,

We didn't give anyone a chance, so Rat could go become a star. We have noone to play a competent SS, and we thinned out our line. For a project. A PROJECT!!!! Isn't that what KC and Rat were???

They want us to believe that by having hottub orgy's with playmates in Hollywood, Sanchez went from a low first to a NY superstar????

Who here is a NY'er, don't embarrass our city, we're the smartest people in the country, we got a handsome kid from Hollywood because he sells more seats than KC,Rat,Boldin, or Edwards.

We're not dumb, Woody, and Note to Sanchez:

"You are nothing but a mutha f%$king rookie, you better bring your ass in here and work, sorry that you had better recievers at USC, but I don't give a f---k, If Schotty says jump, you say 'how high? and don't come down till he tells you,punk!' "

:rolleyes:

Yeah we're gonna put stud WR's/RB's around Kellen ****ing Clemens. Stop whining

I am thrilled with it.

Between the amount of money he and Gholston is going to cost, plus the lack of rookies filling in the Jet pipeline should set the Jets back 3 years.

Set them back from what exactly? According to you they were already set back.

Archived