Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Morrissey

Tough position for Hughes to be in. The Sawx plus the rain. He did have a fabulous first start in Detroit, but at 49 pitches through 2 innings this could be a long night for the Yanks shaky pen.

Its the same for Lester.

Hughes is a vag.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This post is a trainwreck. It's MAY 4. Plus the guy has had a bad wrist for 3 weeks. Yet he "can't handle NY". Please get a clue. Please.

Ahh...the "hes a slow starter" excuse. 1-8-0 million dollars.

Teixiera has been a complete disaster so far. Time to stop sugar coating it.

The team, the Stadium have both been complete diasasters so far.

The Red Sox are so far and away a better team is sickening.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Boston is one game ahead of the Yankees right now. You're completely overreacting on MAY 4.

You can not make an informed decision on Teixeira's Yankee career 4 weeks into it. It's completely moronic.

I love the stadium, can't wait to go again tomorrow.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Boston is one game ahead of the Yankees right now. You're completely overreacting on MAY 4.

You can not make an informed decision on Teixeira's Yankee career 4 weeks into it. It's completely moronic.

I wonder what the thought of Tino Martinez on May 4th in 1996.

You mean the pitcher who entered the game with a 5.40 earned run average?

Lets see here:

Phil Hughes

2007: 5-3, 4.46 ERA

2008: 0-4, 6.62 ERA

2009: 1-1 (The L is coming), ??? ERA

Jon Lester

2006: 7-2, 4.76 ERA

2007: 4-0, 4.57 ERA

2008: 16-6, 3.21 ERA

2009: 2-2 (The W is coming), ??? ERA

Only one more season than Hughes, and he had to battle cancer.

Yankee fans who back this joke need to jump off the nearest bridge. He is a disgrace to our team. And to think we could've had Johan Santana.

Lets see here:

Phil Hughes

2007: 5-3, 4.46 ERA

2008: 0-4, 6.62 ERA

2009: 1-1 (The L is coming), ??? ERA

Jon Lester

2006: 7-2, 4.76 ERA

2007: 4-0, 4.57 ERA

2008: 16-6, 3.21 ERA

2009: 2-2 (The W is coming), ??? ERA

Only one more season than Hughes, and he had to battle cancer.

Yankee fans who back this joke need to jump off the nearest bridge. He is a disgrace to our team. And to think we could've had Johan Santana.

Why are you comparing a 22 year old to a 25 year old? Get a clue.

Hmmm...well the standings say they're one game apart, so I'm gonna go with that rather than your constant bitching, moaning and overreacting. Do you ever come here when the Yankees are WINNING? :confused:

The fact is the Yankees are one game behind your beloved Sawx on May 4 with their best player yet to play, their best pitcher yet to pitch like their best pitcher, and Wang giving away three games.

Why are you comparing a 22 year old to a 25 year old? Get a clue.

Age has NOTHING to do with it. Get a clue. Years of experience does matter. 3 to 4 is a much smaller difference and the more realistic way of looking at things.

Why does this team suck?????

Because they have a bunch of old, washed up players coupled with some home run hitters and some over-rated pitchers.

But other than that? Superstars!

Are you guys seriously blaming this game on Hughes? Blame this game for the people who even got it started over TWO HOURS after it was supposed to.

A lot of factors played into Hughes outing, I wouldn't blame the start time as one of them. Lester is throwing perfectly fine.

A combination of a lack of control, horribly inconsistent strike zone, and cheap garbage hits.

Age has NOTHING to do with it. Get a clue. Years of experience does matter. 3 to 4 is a much smaller difference and the more realistic way of looking at things.

Lester has around 300 major league innings on Hughes, if you don't think that has any baring, than you are absolutely clueless.

Age has nothing to do with it? That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Jon Lester has 3X the amount of career starts that Hughes does. Get a clue.

He's always performed well against the yankees.

He's a great prospect and so far has shown more the Hughes, sorry TD.

Lester is not a prospect (neither is Hughes by the way), hasn't been for a long time. He's 25 year old with almost 400 major league innings under his belt, sorry V89x

My bad baseball knowledge god.

He's a real starting pitcher.

Hughes is not, I guess he's a prospect.

Hughes isn't technically a prospect either, but he's still 22 years old, with far less experience than Jon Lester.

It doesn't take a baseball God to understand that, it only takes a little bit of common sense.

Explain to me how the Sox are team and the Yankees are "bunch of individuals". I'd love to hear it...

I'm not going to explain it to you if you can't see it.

Example 1:

A-Rod is being roasted and toasted in the media and only Girardi has said anything.

Papi is being called out for having a horrible season hitting the ball, but you can read many of teammates sticking up for him.

Hughes isn't technically a prospect either, but he's still 22 years old, with far less experience than Jon Lester.

It doesn't take a baseball God to understand that, it only takes a little bit of common sense.

Right.

Well with your common sense I'd love to know how many innings Hughes has, his stats, and what Lesters was through those innings.

Archived