Yankees vs. Red Sox @ Yankee Stadium

Morrissey

well you got to remember most people consider anyone from Massachusetts to be from Boston.. and most people Guido deals with on a message board arent from the city of Boston.

Actually, Bostonians, although they appear to share many of the same traits and clearly share common ancestors as others from Mass, seem to have evolved an extra protective layer of anger, agressiveness, and self-defense. I'm developing a theory that delves into the many factors that have contributed to the behavior.

What baffles me about the culture though still is how the language up there formed. It appears to be some kind of degraded form of English in which they have removed the letter "R".

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, Bostonians, although they appear to share many of the same traits and clearly share common ancestors as others from Mass, seem to have evolved an extra protective layer of anger, agressiveness, and self-defense. I'm developing a theory that delves into the many factors that have contributed to the behavior.

What baffles me about the culture though still is how the language up there formed. It appears to be some kind of degraded form of English in which they have removed the letter "R".

And how many people you speak to on this message board are actually from Boston?

And how many people you speak to on this message board are actually from Boston?

What does that even mean? It has little bearing on my research. The many weeks and months I have spent in the city of Boston itself do, however.

Kind of like Jane Goodal living with the gorillas.

The City of Boston has around 600,000 residents and believe it or not they aren't all white!

Most of us Mass residents live outside the City. I live exactly 10 miles north of Boston and can be downtown in 15 minutes.

BTW: A New Yorker making fun of a Massachusetts accent is ironic to say the least.

The City of Boston has around 600,000 residents and believe it or not they aren't all white!

Most of us Mass residents live outside the City. I live exactly 10 miles north of Boston and can be downtown in 15 minutes.

BTW: A New Yorker making fun of a Massachusetts accent is ironic to say the least.

I think you are wasting your time at this point. The guy is about as sharp as a marble.

:lol:

What does that even mean? It has little bearing on my research. The many weeks and months I have spent in the city of Boston itself do, however.

you checked residency of everybody?

Im sure your research took you to dorchester and roxbury.

Your Boston accent is highly annoying. Thats why I need to drink heavily when hanging out with you

There is a difference between a NY "accent" and the Massachusetts dialect that has devolved out of our primary language here is this country.

Yes and I'm sure it was a very science based research. :roll:

Oh you mean like saying "TARD" instead of RETARD ? :P

May 7, 2009, Log entry #4,239: Local tribal residents of Stoneham, MA exhibiting struggles with simple math and/or the Gregorian calendar concept.

You said many weeks and months. How long were you up here? Where did you stay?

Since you have thrown Boston under the bus I would like to know how you formed your opinion.

You said many weeks and months. How long were you up here? Where did you stay?

Since you have thrown Boston under the bus I would like to know how you formed your opinion.

There's that defensiveness I spoke of.

Let's see. I've spent extensive time and have stayed/lived/worked in: Framingham, Worcester, Waltham, Cambridge, Somerville, Copley Square, Fenway, South Boston, Quincy, Fall River, Pembroke, Plymouth, most of the Cape, to name a few. And that's just in the eastern half of the commonwealth. You want addresses and phone numbers to follow up with?

Let's see. I've spent extensive time and have stayed/lived/worked in: Framingham, Worcester, Waltham, Cambridge, Somerville, Copley Square, Fenway, South Boston, Quincy, Fall River, Pembroke, Plymouth, most of the Cape, to name a few. And that's just in the eastern half of the commonwealth. You want addresses and phone numbers to follow up with?

What are you Barney Frank's lover? :confused:

Dont you bad mouth Waltham! My girl is from there... and she kinda normal...

Lets break this down:

Apart from the Cape and Back Bay you have been to the most diverse places in Massachusetts. Or does diverse only equal black in your narrow mind?

Lets break this down:

Apart from the Cape and Back Bay you have been to the most diverse places in Massachusetts. Or does diverse only equal black in your narrow mind?

What a tool! I call bullsh*t! He claims to have lived/worked in Framingham, Worcester, Waltham, Cambridge, Somerville, Copley Square, Fenway, South Boston, Quincy, Fall River, Pembroke, Plymouth and most of the Cape - yet claims it's not diverse. Seriously? Worcester? Waltham? Freakin Cambridge and Somerville? Is he blind and deaf? I live in Waltham and I find this assertion freakin' laughable.

Lets break this down:

So by your admission, there are no "black" people in any of those places?

By the way, when did I ever say anything about African Americans?

So by your admission, there are no "black" people in any of those places?

By the way, when did I ever say anything about African Americans?

If you have actually been to the towns in Boston you claim to have gone to you would know diversity is part of life in Mass.

Framingham & Somerville have many Brazilians. Fall River is predominantly Portuguese. South Boston is probably the most diverse neighborhood in the State.

Fenway is full of gay people and degenerates. I can't comment on Plymouth as I've never been there.

Can you please stop talking out of your arse?

What a tool! I call bullsh*t! He claims to have lived/worked in Framingham, Worcester, Waltham, Cambridge, Somerville, Copley Square, Fenway, South Boston, Quincy, Fall River, Pembroke, Plymouth and most of the Cape - yet claims it's not diverse. Seriously? Worcester? Waltham? Freakin Cambridge and Somerville? Is he blind and deaf? I live in Waltham and I find this assertion freakin' laughable.

You live in Waltham? Uh oh... where???

Good call. He's obviously talking out of his butt.

Archived