My favorite part about Jet Nation

Matt39

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are still allowed Avatar and Sigs...that OTHER site has neither for some strange reason. :shock:

It actually does. Sometimes they dont show though and sometimes they do for me.

Not sure now though, I haven't looked over there in a while. I'd probably be called a fake fan and a cheap skate for not handing over 55 bucks.

One thing I've never understood about the "real fans" threads-everyone wants this franchise to grab the gold ring. May be there are people who wallow in dissappointment a bit too much, but they still want the Jets to win. Which is why in Year 5 of Bradway/Edwards yesterday makes you totally crazy if you have a functioning brain. To complain about people calling it as they see it is dumber than dirt. And blindly not acknowledging what a mess we saw yesterday doesn't make you a better fan.And being that none of us has any real say or control, being positive or negative on a messageboard has no impact, no more than lucky socks. it's a chance to exchange ideas and thoughts. Not even sure "fan"-short for fanatic-necessarily accounts for a good or a bad in the sense these knuckleheads seem to give it.

Edited numerous times-4- for several typos.

It actually does. Sometimes they dont show though and sometimes they do for me.

Not sure now though, I haven't looked over there in a while. I'd probably be called a fake fan and a cheap skate for not handing over 55 bucks.

Last I checked (since I don't post there anymore - just to see the jackasses and what they're saying) nothing shows up.

Screw the 55 bucks thing, what is the point? It's a message board, same as this one, accept we have better people....and then they have articles to talk about games. If I want to read an article about a game, I'll go to NewYorkJets.com FOR FREE

One thing I've never understood about the "real fans" threads-everyone wants this franchise to grab the gold ring. May be there are people who wallow in dissappointment a bit too much, but this still want the Jets to win. Which is why in Year 5 of Bradway/Edwards yesterday makes you totally crazy if you have a functioning brain. To complain about people calling it as they see it is dumber than dirt. And blindly not acknowledging what a mess we saw yesterday doens't make you a better fan. Not even sure "fan"-short for fanatic-necessarily accounts for a good or a bad in the sense these knuckleheads seem to give it.

You're not a real fan. A real fan has way more typos.

One thing I've never understood about the "real fans" threads-everyone wants this franchise to grab the gold ring. May be there are people who wallow in dissappointment a bit too much, but they still want the Jets to win. Which is why in Year 5 of Bradway/Edwards yesterday makes you totally crazy if you have a functioning brain. To complain about people calling it as they see it is dumber than dirt. And blindly not acknowledging what a mess we saw yesterday doesn't make you a better fan.And being that none of us has any real say or control, being positive or negative on a messageboard has no impact, no more than lucky socks. it's a chance to exchange ideas and thoughts. Not even sure "fan"-short for fanatic-necessarily accounts for a good or a bad in the sense these knuckleheads seem to give it.

Edited numerous times-4- for several typos.

I can relate...Whatever happens...Don't hire Wannstache!

You are not a real fan. A real fan would have suggested typos to make for future reference.

I've been outed. I don't actually know anything about football, except that if you touch it with your hands you get a penalty kick or something. Oh, and that David Barrett couldn't cover an NFL reciever to save his life, (except maybe Justin McCareins. Does he even count?).

Most of what was posted so far was true except for

the other site isn't 55 bucks unless you go to the

"Premium" Board where only "Jet Fans" are allowed,No

Tex,RS,Alk or Garb..And also there are No "Real Gay

Jet Fans" like TS or Maxie who unlike the Jets

when they Blow a Game they "Blow" a Game!! =D>

Didn't Tx plop down his $55 to join? Serious question - I thought he did.

Oh gays are allowed in the premium section. I am almost certain of that.

We have zero "you are not real fans" rants.

Thank god.

Actually, I have to give the Jet fan posters on this board a hell of a lot of credit.

For the most part, you folks were able to look at Sunday's game and call it like you saw it. =D>=D>

Hey, like I said on Sunday, it's only one game and it is a very long season.

Actually, I have to give the Jet fan posters on this board a hell of a lot of credit.

For the most part, you folks were able to look at Sunday's game and call it like you saw it. =D>=D>

dang you tx, i'm trying my darndest to hate you, then you go and type something reasonable :evil:

seriously, I look back at buffulo thumping the pats in week 1 & pats went on to win the superbowl. then I think, we're not the pats we're the stinking jets & here we are looking up at you guys already. I don't know what to do with this small warehouse full of crow I was sure was gonna get spoon fed to ya each week either.

make no mistake, the jets have a lot to prove before we can even think about being in the same class with the pats.

while i'm suckin ass here, the ceremony for the banner unveiling was really cool & moving, but I coulda done without ozzie in your helmet

dang you tx, i'm trying my darndest to hate you, then you go and type something reasonable :evil:

seriously, I look back at buffulo thumping the pats in week 1 & pats went on to win the superbowl. then I think, we're not the pats we're the stinking jets & here we are looking up at you guys already. I don't know what to do with this small warehouse full of crow I was sure was gonna get spoon fed to ya each week either.

make no mistake, the jets have a lot to prove before we can even think about being in the same class with the pats.

while i'm suckin ass here, the ceremony for the banner unveiling was really cool & moving, but I coulda done without ozzie in your helmet

seriously, I look back at buffulo thumping the pats in week 1 & pats went on to win the superbowl.

Willy, that thumping by the Bills really sucked in 2003. I probably felt like a lot of you folks do now.

The Pats next game in 2003 they had to travel to Philadelphia (I believe it was the opening game in the new stadium) and things did not look really good.

But low and behold, they played a very physical, mistake free game and came away with a 31-10 victory.

If the Jets bounce back with a physical game (and to me, being physical is very important) and take care of the Phins, nobody will remember what happened in week 1.

we were touted as being a very physical football team at the end of last season,& we had this tough guy swagger going into the giants practice & donnie was deemed a maniac, where the hell did this panzyass team come from last sunday?

I know its only 1 game but I am seriously worried about losing to the fins, & I can no longer make any excuses for chad, I have ZERO confidence in his abilities. I was hopeful coming into this season he would prove to be a talent & leader, but I now have serious doubts.

we were touted as being a very physical football team at the end of last season,& we had this tough guy swagger going into the giants practice & donnie was deemed a maniac, where the hell did this panzyass team come from last sunday?

I know its only 1 game but I am seriously worried about losing to the fins, & I can no longer make any excuses for chad, I have ZERO confidence in his abilities. I was hopeful coming into this season he would prove to be a talent & leader, but I now have serious doubts.

The defense is physical, but the offensive line is VERY soft right now. Teams are going to eat us at the point of attack if someone doesn't light a fire under their asses.

shane, are you as surprised & pissed as i am about noone but martin touching the friggin pigskin as a running back. I agree no one could rushed for real positive yds behind our oline but for crissakes, give em a friggin shot?

all this friggin hype about dinger & the advantages of him being on the sidelines to give chad more time to read the defense bla bla bla made a lot of sense to me only to see his fat ass in the booth

ok, i'm done..........on to next week

The Jets DLine with DRob with one hand and James Reed is a joke.

DFat played on Sunday?

I though he was inactive for the game because I never heard his name mentioned.

Oh, that's right, I did hear it when he was called for a holding penalty.

Two 1st's and a 4th for a 3rd year DT who reverted back to his rookie ways? :shock:

Only the friggn' Jets.

shane, are you as surprised & pissed as i am about noone but martin touching the friggin pigskin as a running back. I agree no one could rushed for real positive yds behind our oline but for crissakes, give em a friggin shot?

all this friggin hype about dinger & the advantages of him being on the sidelines to give chad more time to read the defense bla bla bla made a lot of sense to me only to see his fat a$$ in the booth

ok, i'm done..........on to next week

Martin looked like the Crypt Keeper tryin to run the ball. Seeing him get 8 yards on those freaking 3rd and 20 draws pissed me off to no end. Could giving Blaylock five carries have hurt at all? Jesus.

DFat played on Sunday?

Two 1st's and a 4th for a 3rd year DT who reverted back to his rookie ways?

Only the friggn' Jets.

He was playing with one hand against a HOF guard in Will Shields, man. And he did have a couple of nice stops later in the game.

DFat played on Sunday?

Two 1st's and a 4th for a 3rd year DT who reverted back to his rookie ways?

:shock:

Only the friggn' Jets.

tx, can we write this off as a team meltdown & move on? you guys thumped philly of all teams in week 2 & never looked back to game one did you?

& don't start with we're not the pats crap, this is a semi serious question

tx, can we write this off as a team meltdown & move on?

Willy, of course you can and I've been saying that since Sunday. You know I just have to get a few jabs in along the way. :wink:

A strong team effort against the Phins will remove all the doom and gloom from the Chiefs game.

Now, keep in mind, that is easier said then done. This is a big week, in my opinion, for Hermy.

If he is such the great motivator, then the Jets should be fired up and ready to run through brick walls and dominate the game physically.

Archived