Predict the Score - NYJ vs MIA

Smizzy

24-17 Dolphins.

As much as it hurts for Jets fans to admit, you should be happy with that result. The Dolphins are arguably less talented but based on each teams' performance on Sunday. The Dolphins have their heads screwed on better. Who knows what kind of fire Herm is going to light up NY's asses but it better be a good one if they expect to beat Miami.

This is a real tough one to call because I have no idea how this new Dolphin team plays on the road...But based upon what happened to Pennington last week in the face of pressure...And knowing that Saban will probably bring the kitchen sink at him...I'm thinking Dolphins in a close one. MIA 24 NYJ 17.

HOWEVER...Curtis Martin has historically killed us so he is the wildcard in the game. If Wannstache was still the MIA coach I would have to take the Jets but this Saban guy is a completely different animal to deal with.

Penne boy fumbles another 5 times and sets 2 game record, this time he loses all 5

Lucky the Jets D plays well and keeps it close, gives up 2 fg's and phins get 2 safeties on penne.

Fiedler replaces the wet noodle and take team to only TD of game with a Marino esque fake spike with 1 minute left in game.the jets are down 8-6 and hermy kicks extra point.

Jets Lose 8-7

Hermy's press conference.

"We still had a minute left and 3 timeouts. Thought we could stop them and kick a winning FG."

Penne boy fumbles another 5 times and sets 2 game record, this time he loses all 5

Lucky the Jets D plays well and keeps it close, gives up 2 fg's and phins get 2 safeties on penne.

Fiedler replaces the wet noodle and take team to only TD of game with a Marino esque fake spike with 1 minute left in game.the jets are down 8-6 and hermy kicks extra point.

Jets Lose 8-7

Hermy's press conference.

"We still had a minute left and 3 timeouts. Thought we could stop them and kick a winning FG."

Time for football 101...

Field Goal = 3 points

Safety = 2 points

2 FG + 2 Safeties = 10 points

So your prediction is 10-7 Fins

As for me, I still strongly believe in our team.

Jets 3

Fins 2

Newjetster,

I wasn't too far off last week n my prediction (31-9 Chiefs).

I guess you could say I overestimated the Jets vaunted offense with that prediction. :wink:

TX,

Just saw that the Jets are 6 point favs. I don't know if you bet or not, but here's a chance to cash in, according to you.

:)

d

TX,

Just saw that the Jets are 6 point favs. I don't know if you bet or not, but here's a chance to cash in, according to you.

:)

d

vanDoug,

I usually bet 2 or 3 games a week.

Never on the Pats and very, very rarely on AFCE teams.

Emotion is not a good thing when it comes to betting. :wink:

Jets - 10

Miami - 7

Snooze fest at the Meadowlands.

BTW - I predict the Pats lose this w/e. Carolina HAS to be pissed. The Smith versus the Pats DB's match-up should be interesting to watch. Foster poses some match-up problems too.

Panthers - 21

Pats - 17

Archived