Manny Suspended for PEDs

nyjunc

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is that fair? Half the teams in the majors you could say that about. HE'S THE BEST HITTER IN BASEBALL for crying out loud.

Unfortunately you have to take the bad with the good with him, and right now you are seeing why so many teams stayed clear of him.

Ok.. the Mets corner OF sucks and most other teams trot out better than the dogsh!t we put out there.

You wont hear an end to the calls for Manny by Mets fans.

One reason why I didnt want Manny is all the sideshow bullcrap.

What?

:lol:

It's got nothing to do with winning or losing.

I know, but I'm saying if you take joy in the suffering of other, that's generally because you're unhappy and you want others to suffer. To me that's the mentality of someone who's been a loser.

I know, but I'm saying if you take joy in the suffering of other, that's generally because you're unhappy and you want others to suffer. To me that's the mentality of someone who's been a loser.

Dude... it's funny. It just is. If you want to read your own trip into it, knock yourself out.

this sounds like someone had Manny in a fantasy League :rl:

I guess Omar/Wilpons looks better now.

no....this has nothing to do with omar's inept handling of the team. you can look now and say...glad we don't have him cause he's banned for 50 games, but it doesn't sxcuse omar for bweing short-sighted when it came to this offseason.

First: I am surprised to hear this, how does any player continue to do knowing the public scorn they'll receive. He could be dumber then Arod, only because he continued to use after watching that debacle.

Second: Anyone crying for an asterisks over the Sox championships should can it. Yankees were littered with steroids on there run, Clemens, Justice, Knoblauch, and whoever else. I just think its gay whenever someone says the yanks should have an asterisks over there titles, so save it when it comes to the Sox.

I just don't get it.

How hard is it for a ballplayer to take something to the team physician and just ask if he should take these or is there anything in there that could be problem.

These excuses "They didn't know" don't wash with me.

MLB players are rapidly becoming the dumbest athletes in the world.

I just don't get it.

How hard is it for a ballplayer to take something to the team physician and just ask if he should take these or is there anything in there that could be problem.

Dumb, arrogant or they simply don't give a crap. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I just don't get it.

it will be hard for them to ever catch professional football players, in that respect.

Juiced or not this is one of my favourite Manny moments. I was sitting in the left field bleachers and swear there were 40,000 Red Sox fans at Camden Yards that night.

dfe96xfUG54

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

eat d*ck Manny.

By the way, no one pointing out the major flaw in his statements so far. He claims he went to a doctor for a personal thing, and he was presribed this "medication". Then he picked it up at GNC.

Since when does GNC fill subscriptions for drugs?

This is just another black eye for baseball. The integrity of the current game takes another bite. Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, A-Rod and now Manny. The 90 and 00's in baseball deserve a big *next to every record. I just hope the ignoramuses whom run baseball and wake up.

What do we do about football? People act like the NFL doesn't have PED users and that is absurd.

By the way, no one pointing out the major flaw in his statements so far. He claims he went to a doctor for a personal thing, and he was presribed this "medication". Then he picked it up at GNC.

Where did Manny say he got it from GNC?

This is the only statement I've seen from him:

Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me. Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now. I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons. I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. LA is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation.

What do we do about football? People act like the NFL doesn't have PED users and that is absurd.

True.

Baseball is all about the numbers though. Baseball needs to get away from that and this is another opportunity to do so. I said it here before.

Bud needs to make a decision on this ERA and all of it's players. Label it, make a note in the Hall and move on. Sure some purist nerd will walk away, but I think a majority of the country would be happy to move on. An NFL player is suspended, it is news for a day. Manny is going to be a topic starter on every show for the next week.

This is just another black eye for baseball. The integrity of the current game takes another bite. Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, A-Rod and now Manny. The 90 and 00's in baseball deserve a big *next to every record. I just hope the ignoramuses whom run baseball and wake up.

The problem with this is that Pud Selig will be on all the networks today saying "Look the program is working"

It isn't

You are still having guys test positive 5 years later. That isn't a program that is working if you ask me.

You want something that will eliminate it all together ? Make is a full season suspension. Now granted the players union would probably never go for that but it MLB was really serious about ridding baseball of PED's then do it. Don't have @ss it.

First test: 1 year

Second test: Banned from Baseball

True.

Baseball is all about the numbers though. Baseball needs to get away from that and this is another opportunity to do so. I said it here before.

Bud needs to make a decision on this ERA and all of it's players. Label it, make a note in the Hall and move on. Sure some purist nerd will walk away, but I think a majority of the country would be happy to move on. An NFL player is suspended, it is news for a day. Manny is going to be a topic starter on every show for the next week.

I would say at least 60-70% of MLB was doing it, ptichers and hitters so they played on a level playing field. Expansion and smaller parks had more to do w/ the HR surge than steroids I believe.

Just goes to show that no matter how you slice it, the red Sawx Championships are now tainted

If the test results or proof came out that in 04 and 07 he tested positive, I'd agree.

But this test is in 09 AFTER he left Boston!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

eat d*ck Manny.

Subscriptions? Don't know. I know they don't fill prescriptions, though.

Yes, but is it the Doctor's responsibility to check? No.

It's a substance called HCG, a womens' fertiity drug known to be used by roid boys to cyle off.

As per ESPN players have been told over and over that ANYTHING they put in their bodies can be given to the team trainers and MLB will pay to have a chemist examine the substance to verify that it is compliance with MLB.

This is a complete bullsheet excuse.It's known that ED medications are not in compliance; why would he not ask the trainer to make the free inquirty with MLB unless he knew he was cheating?With this much money at stake he is now an a liar as well as the idiot we all knew he was.

However, welcome to the club. They are all cheats. No one suprises me any more. Shock ar this point would be if David Wiright and Jeter were clean.

This is a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. ;)

Besides anobolic steriods, human growth hormones, etc., what other performance enhancing drugs are there? I'm just asking because of this silly GNC claim. Are there over-the-counter supplements that are banned by mlb? If so, what are they? And, if you are unsure - can't you have your agent ask mlb? Shoot, send the query in writing just to cover your ass.

My question is is Manny's name on the list of 104 players who tested positive in '04?
Jose Canseco is on record of saying the reason no one signed him to a long-term deal is because he was on the list.

Archived