JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All, I will post the opening scene as soon as I have confirmations from everyone in response to the role PM (and yes, even roleless townies got them). Mods, please sticky (and you can unsticky the other two mafia threads).

Here's who we are still waiting on:

Marcellus Wallace

Jimmy Conway

Tommy DeVito

Michael Corleone

Sonny LoSpecchio

Carlito Brigante

John Rooney

As soon as you fanooks are done with your pedicures we can begin. Ladies?

RULES:

Absolutely NO out-of-thread communications may be either entirely or partially quoted, screen-capped or in any other way directly provided within the game thread (summaries of PMs for purposes of role reveals is allowed, however).

Similarly, you may not reveal the JN poster name you were provided with.

For SMC and other literalists :biggrin::

We all know what the spirit of the game is, and we all know when certain actions, even if not expressly forbidden, fall outside of the spirit of the game. For purposes of this game, I have commissioner of baseball like powers to sanction conduct that violates the spirit of the game, even if not expressly forbidden, up to and including modkilling the player and lying in their role reveal. If you have any question at all whether something you plan to do crosses the line, ask me first. This is your one and only warning.

Format: We will be running a normal mafia format with lynches during the day and night actions during the night. Days will run for 72 hours or until a majority is reached (unvoting after a majority will not count) - but Day 1 will not have a deadline unless there is a need for it. Night will end in 24 hours or when I receive all night actions

Here's who we are still waiting on:

Marcellus Wallace

Sonny LoSpecchio

Carlito Brigante

John Rooney

Hey Doggin - if it'll help get the game started, I'll take on a few of those accounts. They're anonymous. No one will know.

Can we vote Slats for pretending he already hasn't signed up for the game?

I didn't say that I hadn't, nor did I say I had.

Only saying that I'm willing to take on a few of the empties if it'll help out. I'm a helpful guy.

It's been a weird few days on JetNation. Post counts have been higher, discussions have been lively, friendly and informative, but . . . something seems off. And then, a little bird whispers some frightening information in your ear. Your source won't say how he knows, but he knows. Seems that four JI posters and mods, enjoying some good Jets conversation, have infiltrated JetNation using fake SNs. Yes, it seems like PaulieC, Warfish, Jetswin and Chesapeake are here just to have fun . . . but they're from JI! They're probably working on some devious plan to destroy the site. You can't let this stand. They must be hunted down.

But that's not the end of it. It seems that there's been a certain increase in religious posting here at the Nation, almost a cult, if you will, slowly coalescing among the membership. And, against all odds, it seems to be growing. If you don't stop it . . . well, everyone loses.

Day 1 has begun. With 19 players, it takes 10 votes to lynch.

Roster:

1) Tony Soprano

2) Lefty Ruggerio

3) Al Capone

4) Frank Costello

5) Ace Rothstein

6) Nicky Santoro

7) Joe Cabot

8) Tony Montana

9) Marcellus Wallace

10) Henry Hill

11) Jimmy Conway

12) Tommy Devito

13) Vito Corleone

14) Michael Corleone

15) Fredo Corleone

16) Virgil Sollozo

17) Sonny LoSpecchio

18) Carlito Brigante

19) John Rooney

Happy hunting

NOTE - For those who have not gathered it from their PMs, there are 3 teams in this game - town, mafia, and cult. The cult is a new introduction for most of you, so if you have questions, ask them on-thread. If I can, I'll answer them. If not, I'll tell you to Play And Find Out

The cult is a new introduction for most of you, so if you have questions, ask them on-thread. If I can, I'll answer them. If not, I'll tell you to Play And Find Out

I have a question. I found some cult info from another game site. Is this what we're up against?

Cultists side

The cult wins if their kind is the last remaining left in the game.

in the event of the mafia dying out and the # of citizens and cultists being the same, the cultists win.

Cult Leader-may induct one person into their cult every odd night. The person becomes part of the cult. The person still keeps his/her old night action and can pretend to still be that role. The Mafia leader and the mason leader (see below) cannot be inducted into the cult. Cult members only know their cult leader. No game-related communication is allowed between cult members and their leader at anytime.

2 cult members-members of the cult mentioned above.

I have a question. I found some cult info from another game site. Is this what we're up against?

Cultists side

The cult wins if their kind is the last remaining left in the game.

in the event of the mafia dying out and the # of citizens and cultists being the same, the cultists win.

Cult Leader-may induct one person into their cult every odd night. The person becomes part of the cult. The person still keeps his/her old night action and can pretend to still be that role. The Mafia leader and the mason leader (see below) cannot be inducted into the cult. Cult members only know their cult leader. No game-related communication is allowed between cult members and their leader at anytime.

2 cult members-members of the cult mentioned above.

Yes - and no. The cult leader exists and can recruit, but the mechanics of how are different (and no, I won't tell you how). And the cult wins if it outnumbers the remaining players at the start of the day. As for the other details, PAFO

Yes - and no. The cult leader exists and can recruit, but the mechanics of how are different (and no, I won't tell you how). And the cult wins if it outnumbers the remaining players at the start of the day. As for the other details, PAFO

Sounds like it should be interesting, to say the least

Very true, very true. So we all know why we're here. Let's start figuring out who is who, and who is wierdo, faggy cult motherfuuckas. Ok, I'm gettin' a lap dance. Who wants to go to the Bing?

I like the way you think, Soprano.

Vote: John Rooney

Not because of the pic, but because he lacked the ****in decency to actually put in the leg work to find out who the **** John Rooney realy is. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out all 19 players are real life/cinematic mobsters. Someone that dumb or lazy is a detriment to JN.

Now, to find out who's scum or cult, let's look at the list. I'll break 'em down as follows:

Cosa Nostra:

1) Tony Soprano

2) Lefty Ruggerio

3) Al Capone

4) Nicky Santoro

5) Tommy Devito

6) Vito Corleone

7) Michael Corleone

8) Fredo Corleone

9) Virgil Sollozo

10) Sonny LoSpecchio

Other:

1) Frank Costello

2) Ace Rothstein

3) Joe Cabot

4) Tony Montana

5) Marcellus Wallace

6) Henry Hill

7) Jimmy Conway

8) Carlito Brigante

9) John Rooney

Does it have meaning? I don't know, but it might depending on how players fall.

FOS: Henry Hill, for being a rat. Marcellus Wallace for (1) being the only black guy here, and (2) for being Zed's bitch.

Vote: John Rooney

Not because of the pic, but because he lacked the ****in decency to actually put in the leg work to find out who the **** John Rooney realy is. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out all 19 players are real life/cinematic mobsters. Someone that dumb or lazy is a detriment to JN.

Now, to find out who's scum or cult, let's look at the list. I'll break 'em down as follows:

Cosa Nostra:

1) Tony Soprano

2) Lefty Ruggerio

3) Al Capone

4) Nicky Santoro

5) Tommy Devito

6) Vito Corleone

7) Michael Corleone

8) Fredo Corleone

9) Virgil Sollozo

10) Sonny LoSpecchio

Other:

1) Frank Costello

2) Ace Rothstein

3) Joe Cabot

4) Tony Montana

5) Marcellus Wallace

6) Henry Hill

7) Jimmy Conway

8) Carlito Brigante

9) John Rooney

Does it have meaning? I don't know, but it might depending on how players fall.

FOS: Henry Hill, for being a rat. Marcellus Wallace for (1) being the only black guy here, and (2) for being Zed's bitch.

Nice work..

I doubt though that doggin went through the trouble of making aliases only to give away alignment with the fake names..

Archived