best season by a Jets QB?

Blackout

Namath 68

Namath 67

Vinny 98

O'Brien 85

Pennington 02

Namath had the best team but in '67 he threw 26 TDs and 28 INTs while in '68 he threw 15 TDs and 17 INts. Both Vinny '98 and Chad '02 were better individual years.

Namath had the best team but in '67 he threw 26 TDs and 28 INTs while in '68 he threw 15 TDs and 17 INts. Both Vinny '98 and Chad '02 were better individual years.

Comparing INT numbers in 1968 to INT numbers in 1998 is about as telling as the similarities that exist between ice cream sandwiches and cancer.

Vinny 98

O'Brien 85

Pennington 02

Pennington 06

Vinny 00

What?

Pennington 06? I hope you're kidding. His 2004 numbers were much better, if you want to throw his name in there twice because you want to blow him.

Comparing INT numbers in 1968 to INT numbers in 1998 is about as telling as the similarities that exist between ice cream sandwiches and cancer.

Obviously there were differences in the game but at no point was having more INTs than TDs considered a good season.

I guess that whole winning the Super Bowl thing doesn't count for much with you.

I said INDIVIDUAL season so I guess the best season for a RB was Snell and Boozer b/c they won itall? the best season for a K was Turner b/c they won it all? the best season for a TE was Petet Lammons?..... It wasn't Vinny's fault his teammates couldn't hold onto the football in denver, he played well enough for us to win. he didn't have a peyton manning like big game choke.

I said INDIVIDUAL season so I guess the best season for a RB was Snell and Boozer b/c they won itall? the best season for a K was Turner b/c they won it all? the best season for a TE was Petet Lammons?..... It wasn't Vinny's fault his teammates couldn't hold onto the football in denver, he played well enough for us to win. he didn't have a peyton manning like big game choke.

We have been down this "comparing INT stats prior to 1978" road before so I wont start in on that. I think there is a distinction between best individual statistaical season and best season. From a shear stat standpoint, Id say...

1. Vinny 1998- Brilliant season...nuff said

2. O'Brien 1985- 3900 yards, 60+ %, 8 ints, big plays all year. Amazing year considering he got sacked 62 times.

3. Chad 2002- Similar to OB in 85. Very efficient.

4. Namath 1967- With NO running game for half a year, 4000+ yards.

5. Namath 1968- TD/Int ratio is decpetive considering 10 ints were in 2 early season games.

6. Todd 1982- 14 tds in half a season and AFC title game

7. Todd 1981- Soid overall yearin yards, low ints and clutch wins

8. Namath 1972- Two 400 yard games when they were unheard of, lead AFC in yards and TDs.

9. O'Brien 1986- If not for the last 5 games collapse, this year was headed towards #1 or 2 on this list.

10. Namat 1974- His last really good year lead to 6 game win streak to end the year.

BUT...if you are aksing what was he single BEST season for a Jet QB, then it is Namath 1968. Why????

1. He called his own plays and sacrificed his own stats to establish the running game more for most of the year.

2. As mentioned, 10 of his 17 picks were in two early season games. Aside from those two, h played brilliantly despite the lack of TDs.

3. He was named league MVP...appaarntly other people also felt he had a pretty good year.

4. He won the SB and won the MVP there also...NOT because of his stats but because of his brilant play calling and game management.

So if this is Fantasy Footbal, then no, namaths 68 season is not the best. But when yu look beyond the obviuous stats (or even saw any of those games from 1968) you have to say Namath 1968...and not JUST BECAUSE the team won the SB.

PS- That 1968 team was NOT the most talented team the Jets have ever had...not even close. The teams fro thr early to mid 80s had much more talent. namath was a differecne maker because teams had to gameplan to stop HIM. The jets have not had a QB since who could d that.

We have been down this "comparing INT stats prior to 1978" road before so I wont start in on that. I think there is a distinction between best individual statistaical season and best season. From a shear stat standpoint, Id say...

1. Vinny 1998- Brilliant season...nuff said

2. O'Brien 1985- 3900 yards, 60+ %, 8 ints, big plays all year. Amazing year considering he got sacked 62 times.

3. Chad 2002- Similar to OB in 85. Very efficient.

4. Namath 1967- With NO running game for half a year, 4000+ yards.

5. Namath 1968- TD/Int ratio is decpetive considering 10 ints were in 2 early season games.

6. Todd 1982- 14 tds in half a season and AFC title game

7. Todd 1981- Soid overall yearin yards, low ints and clutch wins

8. Namath 1972- Two 400 yard games when they were unheard of, lead AFC in yards and TDs.

9. O'Brien 1986- If not for the last 5 games collapse, this year was headed towards #1 or 2 on this list.

10. Namat 1974- His last really good year lead to 6 game win streak to end the year.

BUT...if you are aksing what was he single BEST season for a Jet QB, then it is Namath 1968. Why????

1. He called his own plays and sacrificed his own stats to establish the running game more for most of the year.

2. As mentioned, 10 of his 17 picks were in two early season games. Aside from those two, h played brilliantly despite the lack of TDs.

3. He was named league MVP...appaarntly other people also felt he had a pretty good year.

4. He won the SB and won the MVP there also...NOT because of his stats but because of his brilant play calling and game management.

So if this is Fantasy Footbal, then no, namaths 68 season is not the best. But when yu look beyond the obviuous stats (or even saw any of those games from 1968) you have to say Namath 1968...and not JUST BECAUSE the team won the SB.

PS- That 1968 team was NOT the most talented team the Jets have ever had...not even close. The teams fro thr early to mid 80s had much more talent. namath was a differecne maker because teams had to gameplan to stop HIM. The jets have not had a QB since who could d that.

Well said.

Vinny 98

O'Brien 85

Pennington 02

Pennington 06

Vinny 00

Vinny 00's gone, gotta put Lucas end of 99, with like 7TDs 1 INT, I wanted him to start 00 for us bad. Another one that got me mugged, not long after doggin the KJ trade. I screamed bloody murder to keep him lol, but you're right there:

Vinny 98

O'Brien 85

Pennington 02

Pennington 06

No Vinny 00, too Frankenstein-ish, actually too Favre 08-ish for me.

Something tells me Obrien has one more an Todd has an honorable mention, just too lazy.

That's right Todd had an entire season 1982 taken away from him because of one game. Him and the sack exchange were one game away, they had played wonderfully all year and because of that John Starks like performance by Todd, Todd 82 is listed among the all time worst by Jet fans. It funny, the human psyche. lol

Todd , and Vinny were both a game away from Jet lore! I swore for a long time Todd threw that game, i was a kid, i believed in the "BookieMan".

Archived