I am not as confident that Gary Kubiak should be our next HC

TomShane

Weis isn't leaving ND unless some fine day Ernie Accorsi somehow suddenly loses his job with the Jints and the Maras get over their supposed loathing of Weis. They wanted nothing to do with him when they hired Coughlin. And even then, why would Weis leave the ND job, given that it looks like he will succeed and will set him up for life with endorsement money?

Carroll's got a major problem as far as the pros. He failed at 2 NFL jobs no matter how or why. He's also set for life at USC.

I cannot see either in a rush to leave for any NFL job when they already have life by the balls in the 2 most prominent college jobs.

Holmgren by all accounts has his cash and is gliding his way thorugh the season. I really think while you want experience in a coach at least as a coordinator, ideally you want a younger guy looking to make his mark rather than a guy who's already climbed the mountain and his his eye on his 401K as mcuhas the job itself.

And the other hand, if Marv Levy was 15- or 20 years younger rather than 75 or 80, you'd have to consider it.

Tom's logic is impeccable; the idea that a known POS is absolutely preferable to an unknown quantity is crazy.

If you had a girlfriend (or a mechanic, or an employee, or any relationship, really) you came to loathe, does that mean keeping her is preferable to going out with others, or in this case, at least investigating the options and selecting a different one to go out wiht?

Pete Carroll by the way actually may deserve another shot. He did get a bit of a raw deal with a completely awful GM when he was in NE, and more I think that he has learned since then, and he's a bit more serious and sharp, not quite the same rah-rah guy.

I could see him doing well on his next go round.

I think unless Carroll racks up a few more national championships and gets bored you wont see him return to the NFL. I distinctly remember him trashing the NFL after he took over USC. He basically let you know that he has no intention of returning and that he doesnt enjoy coaching the NFL player.

Of course all the media hype that will continue to build and the dinstinction of being one of the very few to win a NC and Super Bowl may just pull him back. But I doubt it.

Question: Mike Holmgren will possibly get the whack in Seattle. Would you hire Mike Holmgren?

Absolutely not, Holmgren's Seahawks have been a study in mediocrity since he got there.

i think the book is still open on Herm, this season should be telling. if the jets tank and herm must go i would take a look at Ferentz from Iowa and Jeff Fischer who will probably be canned in Tennessee.

we,ve been thru enough hermbashing threads to rehash pro's & con's of herm

here are the facts:

herm fared better than 27 other head coaches in the league.

only 4 coaches fared better than herm

1 went just as far as herm but in a softer conference

that is why I don't buy the impeccable logic that herm is a pos

Herm overall-37-33. Technically, Herm has not improved over Al Groh by winning percentage.

Before you all tell us again about how hed be snapped up in a minute, please look at the numbers and discuss-

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/index.htm

All I know is you guys must've put up with a whole load of sheet from womenfolk before you gave'em the heave ho, or liked getting ripped off by shyster mechanics.

Archived