Leno's new format

SouthernJet

In fall, a basic synopsis of his new 10 PM daily format

Overview

The show will air weeknights at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on NBC, and will originate from the same NBC studio in Burbank, California where Tonight currently broadcasts. The new series is expected to feature many segments carried over from Tonight, including "Headlines" and "Jaywalking".[1] It has been stated that the format will be somewhat different than Tonight, with Leno claiming, "the desk, that's Conan's thing. We have to be different to that." Several sources have claimed that the show will heavily incorporate 'stunts'. TV Guide has stated Leno will make adjustments to compensate for the fact that Tonight had a six-minute commercial break at Midnight ET and the new show will not have that luxury.

Specifically, the format will add a new comedy segment at the end of the show and will adjust the stage to allow guests to get off the couch and participate in antics.[2]

In fall, a basic synopsis of his new 10 PM daily format

Overview

The show will air weeknights at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on NBC, and will originate from the same NBC studio in Burbank, California where Tonight currently broadcasts. The new series is expected to feature many segments carried over from Tonight, including "Headlines" and "Jaywalking".[1] It has been stated that the format will be somewhat different than Tonight, with Leno claiming, "the desk, that's Conan's thing. We have to be different to that." Several sources have claimed that the show will heavily incorporate 'stunts'. TV Guide has stated Leno will make adjustments to compensate for the fact that Tonight had a six-minute commercial break at Midnight ET and the new show will not have that luxury.

Specifically, the format will add a new comedy segment at the end of the show and will adjust the stage to allow guests to get off the couch and participate in antics.[2]

I have my doubts that this show will get the ratings NBC is looking for. IIRC there were 3 or 4 NBC affiliates who said they wouldn't air his show.

The only NBC shows I watch are The Office and Friday Night Lights.

I have my doubts that this show will get the ratings NBC is looking for. IIRC there were 3 or 4 NBC affiliates who said they wouldn't air his show.

My parents will watch... they love him. Now they'll get to go to bed early

Please let them renew this show.

fnlgirls1aug08.jpg

adriannepalickimotorola.jpg

Please let them renew this show.

They did. But just like last season the shows will be on DirectTV in the Fall before they hit NBC in the new year.

I'm stuck with cable so the DirectTV thing doesn't bother me.

They did. But just like last season the shows will be on DirectTV in the Fall before they hit NBC in the new year.

I'm stuck with cable so the DirectTV thing doesn't bother me.

Thanks, mate. Yeah, I have cable, too. That show has the hottest chicks of any I can remember.

I think it's going to fail spectacularly.

I agree. Most of Leno's viewers love shows like NCIS and that kind of crap television.

NBC on record saying they are doing this show cause thier analysis shows people are sick of 'every 4 of 5 shows on TV are police dramas'..will it work , who knows, but they are betting on fact people will pick Leno over the Cop shows on other networks at 10 PM.

NBC on record saying they are doing this show cause thier analysis shows people are sick of 'every 4 of 5 shows on TV are police dramas'..will it work , who knows, but they are betting on fact people will pick Leno over the Cop shows on other networks at 10 PM.

It is going to do great... a light hearted comedy show at 10pm is PERFECT... hit all new people that didnt stay up until midnight prior and most of the old Leno fans will watch as well...

Archived