"Wild Samoan" sons to face off...Bosworth back?

R44

A facinating side note for this weeks UConn/Georgia Tech game: Defensive tackles Joe Anoai of Georgia Tech and Afa Anoai of Connecticut are first cousins. They are the sons of Sika and Afa Anoai, who were professional wrestling stars in the 1980's and formed the championship tag team of "The Wild Samoans".

Former Oklahoma Sooners Superstar linebacker and actor Brian Bosworth attends as many UCLA football practices as he can to watch his nephews Kyle Bosworth and Korey Bosworth, a pair of twins who are on the Bruins as freshman linebackers....Brian Bosworth has spent a lot of time training the duo to be linebackers.

http://www2.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3029619#

For more college news and links on all 4 players, check out DD.com draft notes:

http://draftdaddy.com/Blog/blog.cfm

faba, I think I actually saw the Samoans close up when I was kid (or was it Mr. Fuji and Saito?), back in the early 1980's, when the WWF used to do the High School events around the tri-state area.

I can still remember seeing Hulk Hogan screaming/showboating like a maniac in the hallway of a local high school about 5 feet away from me.

BTY, if poster Dick Kotite makes it into this thread, this could be a full-fledged 1980's wrestling must read :lol:

I LOVE Samoan ballplayers.

That's known as "Bitonti disease", in my opinion :mrgreen:

Bit loves them too -- particularly Haloti Ngata -- and it shows up in his opinions on players when he ranks them--Samoans are usually bumped up a round just due to ethnicity.

Isn't Jimmy Snuka the Rock's uncle?

I remember Miami had a pair of bad a$s white dudes at DE (Kevin Patrick and Darren Krien--neither did anything in the NFL) back in like 1993, but don't remember Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as a Cane.

Yes, he stone cold stopped Matthias Kiwinuka of BC and Justin Tuck of N.D last season (0 sacks; few tackles)....

I was really just a situation of getting him into playing shape, more than anything else---the talent is definitely there to excel at the NFL nevel, however.

That's known as "Bitonti disease", in my opinion :mrgreen:

Bit loves them too -- particularly Haloti Ngata -- and it shows up in his opinions on players when he ranks them--Samoans are usually bumped up a round just due to ethnicity.

I remember Miami had a pair of bad a$s white dudes at DE (Kevin Patrick and Darren Krien--neither did anything in the NFL) back in like 1993, but don't remember Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as a Cane.

Dwayne was there... he only played one year before blowing out his knee. It's where he met his wife, after all.

His uncle is one of the Wild Samoans, actually. His dad married one of their sisters. And, here's another did you know, Yokozuna, the passed on Rodney Anoi, is also a relative of the Rock, as are Samu and Fatu (or known as Rakishi).

Don't think so. But Rocky Johnson is his Dad. Damn that Don Muarco. That Inter-Continental Title belongs to Rocky! Damn You!!!

Archived