So I ejected from a football game tonight...

Mavrik

I had an intramural football game tonight at FSU with a bunch of our buddies. 7 on 7 flag football with unlimited blitzing. Officiating absolutely sucked. the line judge couldn't tell me what down it was a couple of hte plays. We got called for offsides a second after one of the line judges declared us "onside" which they're supposed to do before we hike. Throughout the game, we also keep getting called for holding penalties. But the referee (who was a dick, used to work wit hte guy) couldn't tell us who he called the penalty on. Dumb s*** like that.

So to top it off, we get a touchdown scored on us and then after yet another penalty i get called for "having a hat on". antoher 10 yards. Halfway through the game without saying anything and then calls me on it. So i said "well if your gonna call me for that might as well call me for this"..and basically dropped trow in front of him as i walked to the sidelines to throw my hat. Got tossed and suspended indefinitely from the league and i have to appeal it before the director of intramurals.

Normally, I don't argue calls or anything because i worked as a ref last spring and know what its like. But if your to absolutely F up the game, I'm going to let you know about it. Anyways, I know most of the supervisors so hopefully ill get off.

Anyways, thats my story for the night.

so you threw the hat on the floor near him after he flagged you for wearing it?

No we got called for holding for like the umpteenth time and he couldn't tell us who it was on, just says 'it's on the team" so asked him how he could call a holding penalty and not know who it was on. So out of nowhere calls a penalty for me having a hat on. So at this point i was pissed off enough where i was like "here call me for this too" and just dropped my shorts to my thighs as i walked off the field. So i got the boot.

I'll admit. Pretty stupid thing to do on my part but at that point it wasn't even fun to play the game anymore.

Yea actually I referee and play intramural sports at

Fordham University in the Bronx, and if you just come out and apologize to the director, say that you got into the game and took it too far, he'll probably reinstate you. I've dealt with alot of Sh#t from reffing and that is by far the best method of getting back in to play.

yeah im not worried about it. Like i said, i worked in intramurals last spring and i know basically all of the supervisors and the director. So ill probably be back in next week or the week after.

Mav, despite you going to FSU, I do have to say that was freakin awesome, and you're going to get over, so I say more power to you, my friend.

I guess it could be worse... they coulda booted you out of school. Not saying they had a right to, just saying they could have tried. Granted, you would have laughed at them, but hey... could be worse.

Hey, I was one of those fraternity intramurals players! :lol:

One flag football game between two houses my senior year (we werent playing in that one) left one QB with a dislocated shoulder from a tackle - in flag football! :shock: The guy involved got suspended.

Another game that we played in, our pass rush wound up breaking the other QB's hand from blocking a pass.

The championship game senior year for the league we played in (which we won) was on parents weekend, almost turned into a brawl when one of our recievers went up for the ball in the end zone and got his legs taken out from under him.

Looking back, it was way out of control, but it was a small private college, and the refs, like lawn gnome mentioned, got no respect and couldnt control anything.

Intermural refs were the worst though...we always had guys getting ejected because of horrible calls. Missing holding and everything. I mean, yeah, they got paid squat and didnt have to do it, but they were horrible.

One hoops game our whole starting five got ejected, one by one. The last three on purpose. The calls were so bad we decided to just look for ways to get kicked out.

Oh, to be young and stupid and drunk most the time again :lol:

No we got called for holding for like the umpteenth time and he couldn't tell us who it was on, just says 'it's on the team" so asked him how he could call a holding penalty and not know who it was on. So out of nowhere calls a penalty for me having a hat on. So at this point i was pissed off enough where i was like "here call me for this too" and just dropped my shorts to my thighs as i walked off the field. So i got the boot.

I'll admit. Pretty stupid thing to do on my part but at that point it wasn't even fun to play the game anymore.

aww thats not a big deal. you should have showed him your sack, if youre going to get ejected anyway

I tried to fix a intramural soccer game at UConn one year. By some freak of nature we had a shot at making the playoffs - just needed a tie. I asked the other teams captain to take a walk with me. They were undefeated and were first seed no matter what the outcome. I offered a keg party after the game, on us, if they just made sure all their shots were off the mark. He wouldn't bite. They beat us pretty bad and our team partied pretty hard that night anyway.

Hey, I was one of those fraternity intramurals players! :lol:

One flag football game between two houses my senior year (we werent playing in that one) left one QB with a dislocated shoulder from a tackle - in flag football! :shock: The guy involved got suspended.

Another game that we played in, our pass rush wound up breaking the other QB's hand from blocking a pass.

The championship game senior year for the league we played in (which we won) was on parents weekend, almost turned into a brawl when one of our recievers went up for the ball in the end zone and got his legs taken out from under him.

Looking back, it was way out of control, but it was a small private college, and the refs, like lawn gnome mentioned, got no respect and couldnt control anything.

Intermural refs were the worst though...we always had guys getting ejected because of horrible calls. Missing holding and everything. I mean, yeah, they got paid squat and didnt have to do it, but they were horrible.

One hoops game our whole starting five got ejected, one by one. The last three on purpose. The calls were so bad we decided to just look for ways to get kicked out.

Oh, to be young and stupid and drunk most the time again :lol:

I usually don't mind fraternity players. I'm just as competitive when I'm playing as they are. It's just when your reffing say a softball game and they bring their entourage of 60 frat brothers, it gets annoying. One call that doesn't go your way and your hearing it from all of them. I could care less though because my philosophy was I don't get paid enough to give a s*** whether I pissed them off or not.

Did this thread pique TomShane's interest before or after the pants dropping part?

I also played fraternity "rough touch" in college and the referees were atrocious. One of them was named Dick and we always used to constantly say his name before and after we asked him things. There was another guy that had a large, brown birthmark-type thing on his face. He earned the nickname "Spot" and I earned a 15 yard penalty or two!

Archived