Windows 7 Release Date Announced

Jetman_67

• 1 month later...

I have run Vista on 3 machines all pretty successfully, only one crash, and I can safely say that it was self inflicted ( I work for a software company and I installed an alpha product on a Vista pre-sp1, alpha software removed Vista ran fine), My wife (not tech savy) runs Vista all day long. I have taken one of my Vista machines and I'm running Windows 7 Build 7100, and it is a pleasure to run, I love the new bar and windows resizing features (yes I like new features in a windows release,)

I am far from a windows biggot, however I have a netbook in wich I run Ubuntu, for web and travel, as far as my phone goes I use the palm pre, linux and java script based, it muti-tasks, it doesn't have a lot of apps but it has more than I use, (but the iphone didn't have any when it was released either, and palm hasn't charged for it's apps yet, they will come when money is made, besides how many fart apps do yo really need?)

In my work I am exposed to all types of OS's Windows, OSX, Solaris, AIX, Linux, there is nothing i need from a MAC they is worth paying for. I have nothing technically against Apple, BSD Kernel is great, its been around since the 70's and is very stable, and Apple slapps a pretty nice GUI on it, and lets face it that is really Apples forte take an existing technolgy and slap a nice GUI on it and maket the hell out of it. I will give them the iphone however that was enough of a leap to be called truly innovative.

Outside of the price issue the other reason I will probably never buy an apple anything is, I just dont' want to be associated with the Apple mentatlity, 80% of the people I have run into (industry, and personal) are pompus, arrogant, and generally snobby, and I would just prefer to keep that company. If you were offended by that then you probably fall into that 80%, if not congradulations you are in the 20% who were able buy Apple and resist the urge to be a snob about it.

Archived