Kev's latest updates

Brenjetsfan

MAWAE MOVEMENT

09/14/05

ON SEPTEMBER 17TH, WE WILL BE HOLDING A DRIVE THRU DROP OFF COLLECTION SITE FOR SUPPLIES TO BE SENT TO BATON ROUGE FOR VICTIMS OF HURRICANE KATRINA. MY WIFE AND I ARE ASKING PEOPLE FROM LONG ISLAND TO PLEASE STOP BY AND HELP WITH THE DONATIONS. WE WILL BE COLLECTING FOOD ITEMS, WATER, BABY ITEMS (DIAPERS, WIPES, FORMULA ETC) AND TOILETRIES AND HYGIENE ITEMS. PLEASE, NO CLOTHING, WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING CLOTHING DONATIONS AT THIS TIME.

PLEASE COME TO ST PAULS FIELDHOUSE IN GARDEN CITY, NY SEPTEMBER 17 10am to 4 pm AND HELP WITH OUR EFFORTS

Visit to Baton Rouge Shelters

09/14/05

This past Monday myself and 3 teammates (John Abraham, Oliver Celestin, and Jerald Sowell) flew to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to visit a few shelters that are housing Katrina victims. The only words I can use to describe it is heart breaking. People sleeping on top of people, communal showers and restrooms, babies next to elderly, teens next to adults, it's a very sad situation. My heart hurts for the people of my home state of Louisiana. We went down there to provide encouragement and moral support. What I came back with was a perspective on how really blessed me and my family are. I will continue to pray for the people affected by this disaster, and try my best to help when possible.

Fan Mail Response

09/14/05

To those who have emailed me via this site, I am currently having difficulty respoding to the email. I apologize as I am waiting on the situation to get fixed.

Aftermath of KC

09/14/05

What a disaster in KC!!!! I can't really say much except that thank God we are in week 2. It was a horrible game, both collectively and individually. Enough said!

This past Monday myself and 3 teammates (John Abraham, Oliver Celestin, and Jerald Sowell) flew to Baton Rouge, Louisiana to visit a few shelters that are housing Katrina victims.

Don't you think the cheap-shot artist should have been at Hofstra working on his shotgun snap? :shock:

He could have donated supplies and money to help the victims instead of missing practice.

now you are showing what a troll you really are...take notes people, this is the real Tx, he'd rather bash a Jet player doing the right thing then give him any credit FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING

Im sorry for your family Tx, they must be real proud of you right now

where did you go Tx? no response about calling you out on your cold heart? typical....

Not cold hearted at all. I applaud his efforts in helping out the victims, along with all his other charitable work that he has done.

My point is, there are other ways (providing supplies or money) then taking off from practice after you had a game where he stunk up the joint.

Bingo, now do you get it 13?

YOU MORON, heelz was quoting your post. you said that dumbass..anyone can donate money, do get out there and help in person is above the call...I sent money, that doesn't mean much, you really are thick some times Tx...

and now you are quoting yourself? OH BROTHER

i dont want to sound like an spoiled brat cause i didnt go through that down there, but i have to agree with TEX... :shock::shock:#-o

so you agree that Mawae should have sent money & supplies & not gone there in person? his hometown? where he still has family & friends? WOW

i dont want to sound like an spoiled brat cause i didnt go through that down there, but i have to agree with TEX... :shock::shock:#-o

at the risk of sounding cold hearted as well, I agree that it probably wasn't neccessary for him to deliver the canned goods & diapers in person.

perhaps kevin had personal issues & he felt it was more important to be there personally.

as messageboard talk goes, lighten up 13

There really should be no arguing that someone helping others for charity is good or the right thing to do in whatever form- people lives are more important than a football game!

faba, i don't think anyone is disputing that. some just think he could still be a huge help without being there in person. Now that I realize he went to his hometown where family members are, fine take time off kevin.

My family did not fly down here when my home was whacked by Ivan last year,yet they were a huge help to me without missing any work at home and I am no worse off cause they didn't make a personal visit to see me.

as a matter of fact, I flew up there for a week. ain't that kinda how its supposed to go when your house gets whacked in the south, you go see family in the north?

faba, i don't think anyone is disputing that. some just think he could still be a huge help without being there in person. Now that I realize he went to his hometown where family members are, fine take time off kevin.

My family did not fly down here when my home was whacked by Ivan last year,yet they were a huge help to me without missing any work at home and I am no worse off cause they didn't make a personal visit to see me.

as a matter of fact, I flew up there for a week. ain't that kinda how its supposed to go when your house gets whacked in the south, you go see family in the north?

JW, glad to see you are still with us, I remember the devastation there in the Caymans, I am if S Fla..

Don't you think the cheap-shot artist should have been at Hofstra working on his shotgun snap? :shock:

He could have donated supplies and money to help the victims instead of missing practice.

i don't think anyone missed practice. Tuesday is a day off in the NFL. they flew down late Monday after film sessions, and were back for practice Wednesday.

JW, glad to see you are still with us, I remember the devastation there in the Caymans, I am if S Fla..

thanks 13, a lot of folks are still lickin our wounds. sept 11 was our 1 yr anniversary. as I'm sure you know all too well, I really feel for those that will go month after month without power & water.Our chief minister really downplayed the devestation, thinking it was in this country's best interest & lots of people suffered more than they should've because of it. I had 10 generaters flown in for employees, & the gov't confiscated them for their own use. ahhhhhhh the memories

I wonder which is more common: negative references to TX on JI, or negative references to JI on JN.

I really don't see this as a negative reference gaff, & I challenge you to find one on the 1st 2 pages of nfl talk.

go to the ji tailgating thread & read about us jn flunkies if you want negative.

negative references to tx? quite frankly, we can't get enough of em here can we ggg

Out of curiosity, how much are they paying you over at JI? Every other thread is devoted to you.

I can't believe how many posts were started about me this week. :shock:

I think I really pissed the newbies off.

My two favorite questons I get:

1) Why do you post here instead of a Pats board.

2) You only became a Pats fan in 2001.

I can't believe how many posts were started about me this week. :shock:

I think I really pissed the newbies off.

My two favorite questons I get:

1) Why do you post here instead of a Pats board.

2) You only became a Pats fan in 2001.

I can't believe they say that about you, when it's common knowledge you became a Pats fan in January of 2002. The ignorance of those children is unbearable.

I really don't see this as a negative reference gaff, & I challenge you to find one on the 1st 2 pages of nfl talk.

well, I'd argue that GGG's comment WAS in fact intended to cast negative aspersions on JI...but perhaps it would've been simpler if I'd said plain old references, of which there are many on this board. I don't come here a whole lot, but in the first 5 threads I opened there were half a dozen JI references at least. see exhibit one (from page 1 of NFL talk):

My favorite part about Jet Nation

[ Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

but anyway, I'm not over here to make enemies and I don't really have a dog in that fight, I just thought GGG's comment about JI's obsession with TX was slightly absurd in light of what seems to be a semi-obsession with JI over here. like I said, I really don't spend a whole lot of time over here, but I decided I needed a change because all the stupidity and juvenile BS was over there was making me cranky. it DOES get to be too much sometimes. so I came here looking for some actual Jets football talk -- I know there are some very good posters over here....I just wish there were MORE here overall. 150 people are bound to have and/or be able to track down more stuff than 15. problem is, if 80 percent of that 150 haven't finished 7th grade, you've got a problem. it becomes a bit difficult to determine where is the better place to find well-thought out football opinions and Jets info. and that -- for the most part -- is what I come to these boards for. so, I don't really know where that leaves me -- I'm in limbo I guess.

glad you came over gaff, it seems folks here can find humor in anything & ji does get in the line of fire I suppose at times,so does the pope, mother theresa, even the virgin connie swail :lol::lol:

I don't think theres any malicious intent though, now can we please get back to bashing tx :lol:

Archived