New York Mets @ New York Yankees [ Yankee Stadium] Game Thread

Vudu

First subway series of the year.

New York Mets VS. New York Yankees

100px-New_York_Mets.svg.png100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png

Friday

3573.jpg VS. 28847.jpg

Hernandez (5-1, 3.88) Chamberlain (3-1, 3.79)

Saturday

6485.jpg VS. 3171.jpg

Nieve (0-0, 0.00) Pettitte ( 6-2, 4.22)

Sunday

4280.jpg VS. 4153.jpg

Santana (8-3, 2.39) Burnett ( 4-3, 4.89)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once these games get into the bullpens, we may see both teams score in double digits.

Letting each team hit off the tee after the 7th inning would be more compelling and better pitching. Seems like since Nelson and Stanton retired, we have a bunch of guys who can barely throw strikes, but somehow fool Brian Cashman into tendering them big ass contracts to screw the pooch in middle relief. I understand these guys are relief pitchers because they cannot start or close, but do they all have to suck and be incapable of throwing a strike?

I figured you would be after the magic lose the series in game 5.

Nah, I'm really used to the disapointment by now with the Magic. I know for a fact that the Magic are the better team, and especially with a healthy Jameer Nelson, we would have beat the crap out of them, easily, but I kind of knew this would eventually happen with the Magic. Even with all the success of coming back while being down lately, I knew this would eventually happen.

Not like we had a chance to start another, this was done up in the 8th inning or something.

I'd demand that a mod delete it (or Max since he's a yankee fan).

Or ignore it and start the DarkLady-free game thread.

After starting her plea for being the Jets game day thread starter, the Yankees have fallen flat on their faces.

What difference does it make...:rolleyes:

If the Yankees lose its not my fault.

Yah, but if they win you'll take credit for it by saying how lucky your game day threads are. You can't have it both ways.....wait a minute....I guess you do. ;)

Just bustin'......

I actually want you to start the Jets game day threads. I'm 'gonna go vote now....

I'd demand that a mod delete it (or Max since he's a yankee fan).

Or ignore it and start the DarkLady-free game thread.

After starting her plea for being the Jets game day thread starter, the Yankees have fallen flat on their faces.

Shouldn't you be petitioning for her considering you're a Mets fan?

Shouldn't you be petitioning for her considering you're a Mets fan?

No. Because of my sports curse. Anytime I think positive about my teams, they instantly start to sh!t the bed.

So if I come on and want DarkLady to start the thread, the Mets will ultimately lose the series.

I'm just looking out for the Yankee fans who have suffered enough this week.

No. Because of my sports curse. Anytime I think positive about my teams, they instantly start to sh!t the bed.

So if I come on and want DarkLady to start the thread, the Mets will ultimately lose the series.

I'm just looking out for the Yankee fans who have suffered enough this week.

You are a good man, and a gentleman.

Unlike most Mess fans, I dont hate the Yankees.

I just have to pretend to when im with my girlfriend..

I don't hate the Mets either. I've never gotten too wrapped up in the us vs. them mentality. Once you move away from NY you always kinda pull for your hometown teams. Naturally, I will not be cheering for them this weekend.

We need to change the original post.

Maine will not be starting. he has been placed on the DL.

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/mets/archives/2009/06/mets_put_john_m.html#more

The Mets New York Mets t.gif put John Maine John Maine t.gif on the 15-day disabled list tonight with right shoulder weakness. It will be retroactive to his last start, which was June 6 in Washington, and Maine said he expects to miss just one or two starts.

The Mets, though, said they intend to be cautious with Maine, who becomes the eighth member of the team's current DL.

"If it was up to John, he'd be ready to go tomorrow. But we have to be cautious with him right now, and if we have to go toward the guys in the minor leagues,'' said GM Omar Minaya. "It could be a guy like [Fernando] Nieve, who was pitching pretty well in Triple-A, and we're also probably going to look at whoever we have in Triple-A.''

The Mets sounded as if they're leaning toward Nieve, but could call somebody up from Triple-A. Nieve, a righty, started five games with Buffalo and was 3-0 with a 3.70 ERA in Triple-A.

With Double-A Binghamton this season, Nieve made four starts and appeared in one other game, posting a 0-1 record and 4.91 ERA over 18 1/3 innings.

"We have to find a way,'' said Minaya. "We'll have to find a way. Teams go through this. And hopefully any game we win now is important, because of the schedule, but (also) because if we win without all our guys, hopefully when we get our guys later on it will help. We have to continue to stay close and win as many games as possible.''

Left-hander Oliver Perez Oliver Perez t.gif is throwing off a mound, but his knee is still acting up and he isn't even ready to throw in game situations, so that's not an option.

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/mets/archives/2009/06/left-hander_swi.html#more

The Mets have selected the contract of left-handed pitcher Jon Switzer from Buffalo (AAA) of the International League.

He will replace right-handed pitcher John Maine John Maine t.gif, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 7, with right-shoulder weakness.

Switzer, signed as a minor league free agent on Jan. 22, was 0-2 with a 2.13 ERA (six earned runs; 25-1/3 innings) with Buffalo.

The 29-year-old allowed 21 hits with nine walks and 29 strikeouts at the time of his promotion. Since May 1, he has pitched to a 1.50 ERA after allowing three runs, earned, on nine hits with 19 strikeouts over his last 18 innings.

The 6-3, 210-pound southpaw has spent parts of four seasons on the major league level, all with the Tampa Bay Rays, and compiled a 2-4 record with a 6.11 ERA (45 earned runs / 66-1/3 innings) in 68 games, all in relief.

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/mets/archives/2009/06/left-hander_swi.html#more

The Mets have selected the contract of left-handed pitcher Jon Switzer from Buffalo (AAA) of the International League.

He will replace right-handed pitcher John Maine John Maine t.gif, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 7, with right-shoulder weakness.

Switzer, signed as a minor league free agent on Jan. 22, was 0-2 with a 2.13 ERA (six earned runs; 25-1/3 innings) with Buffalo.

The 29-year-old allowed 21 hits with nine walks and 29 strikeouts at the time of his promotion. Since May 1, he has pitched to a 1.50 ERA after allowing three runs, earned, on nine hits with 19 strikeouts over his last 18 innings.

The 6-3, 210-pound southpaw has spent parts of four seasons on the major league level, all with the Tampa Bay Rays, and compiled a 2-4 record with a 6.11 ERA (45 earned runs / 66-1/3 innings) in 68 games, all in relief.

great..we all know how the Yankees bats perform against pitchers they have never seen before.....

this is going to be the crazy game...

Archived