Notre Dame = Over-Rated

This was a classic sucker bet game for the bookies. Irish, coming off 2 road wins, giving points and letting every silly sentimental gambler lay the wood.

I didn't think they'd be this good so far.And it was a fun game to watch. Weis at least has them on the right track and a decnt bowl bid is still a strong possibility.But BCS is a loingshot after today.

But Perdue is practically a home game, and it's a coaching mismatch of the worst sort.

Notre Dame plays arguably the toughest schedule in the country every year- with recruiting requirements and these still only kids we are talking about it is hard to play at top level every game

Weiss has the program on the right track I still believe

Notre Dame plays arguably the toughest schedule in the country every year- with recruiting requirements and these still only kids we are talking about it is hard to play at top level every game

Until one of the two factors you mention (recruiting requirements and tough schedule) change, I don't think we'll see the domers in a BCS Bowl. That won't please the alums, so I think the clock is ticking with Charlie just like it did for the past few coaches.

Until one of the two factors you mention (recruiting requirements and tough schedule) change, I don't think we'll see the domers in a BCS Bowl. That won't please the alums, so I think the clock is ticking with Charlie just like it did for the past few coaches.

I have to agree with you that these make it really tough to be successful at the top level but right now as a Notre dame rooter the program I think is going to get back to a higher level with Weiss

Neither of the past two coaches had Notre Dame playing this well at any point during thier tenure.

Michigan has just as high standards for recruiting. They still manage to contend for a BSC title. No, that wasn't a typo. It's the Bull sh*t championship.

Anyway, the recruiting stuff is bunk. The schedule has merit. But, never bring up recruiting. Other schools have just as high of standards, and they still manage to contend.

Michigan has just as high standards for recruiting. They still manage to contend for a BSC title. No, that wasn't a typo. It's the Bull Sh#t championship.

Anyway, the recruiting stuff is bunk. The schedule has merit. But, never bring up recruiting. Other schools have just as high of standards, and they still manage to contend.

SS You can vouch for Michigan because you are out there but this definitely puts and rightly so these teams at a disadvantage when you are talking being one of top teams in the country year after year

SS You can vouch for Michigan because you are out there but this definitely puts and rightly so these teams at a disadvantage when you are talking being one of top teams in the country year after year

Notre Dame is also out here. It's only two hours away. About three and a half from me. Two from Ann Arbor. I'm not going to say it doesn't hurt, I'm just saying it's not the crutch that others make it out to be. Notre Dame's problem hasn't been players, it's been coaching.

Archived