Glover to start over Ferguson again

Smizzy

September 17, 2005 12:36 PM ET

Cowboys: Glover to start over Ferguson again

The News

La'Roi Glover will start for the Cowboys on Monday night against the Redskins, according to the Dallas Morning News. That means Glover will start ahead of prized free agent addition Jason Ferguson for a second consecutive week.

Our View

Ferguson saw some action in the week one win over the Chargers, but the former Jet did not record a tackle while playing the backup role.

Am I the only person that would trade a third rounder for Fergy RIGHT NOW? Tank Reed and Lance ain't gettin' it done. Say what you want about his inability to beat out La'Roi Glover, who is better than any tackle we've had since the Klecko days. Whether or not you want to bash Fergy or not, our defense misses him badly. I can guaran-damn-tee you Kansas City wouldn't have approached 200 yards rushing had Fergy been lined up to next D-Rob.

Am I the only person that would trade a third rounder for Fergy RIGHT NOW? Tank Reed and Lance ain't gettin' it done. Say what you want about his inability to beat out La'Roi Glover, who is better than any tackle we've had since the Klecko days. Whether or not you want to bash Fergy or not, our defense misses him badly. I can guaran-damn-tee you Kansas City wouldn't have approached 200 yards rushing had Fergy been lined up to next D-Rob.

I would do that trade but unfortunatly Dallas won't. Sure Fergeson hasn't been all that impressive so far - but Dallas would be rotating Fergy and Glover about 50/50 anyway.

Dallas would never trade Fergie. You think LaRoi is going to last as a 290 pound 3-4 NT? He'll be spent by midseason.

Archived