What an Ugly Game

PatsFanTX

Wow, could have been the ugliest game that I watched in a long time.

But guess what folks, good teams always win ugly games. :wink:

Congrats on the "W", especially against an AFCE opponenet.

Martin was Great!! Penny showed why he was the first

QB pick in the 2000 Draft..And the Guy most of the Jet

Fans wanted to get rid of Abe sucked!! :mrgreen:

I enjoyed the game. I love it when our defense controls our destiny. I trust them.

That last drive to put the game away, was Chad being a money QB. Thats what separates your average QB from your franchise QB. I was very pumped up about that drive. Alot of clutch 3rd down throws and catches. All around the offense needs improvement, but I liked what I saw in that last drive when our backs were against the wall, the dolpfag D had to make plays, but we took it to them.

Abraham was a difference maker for sure, even though I hate the greedy sob.

Chad HAS to be ashamed out there with some of those early throws. If he doesent get his body into every throw, his throws are high school caliber looking.

Seriously, I was watching with some friends and we were like "how is he even allowed to play in the NFL"?

But, I have to admit, later on some of his throws were coming out a bit better. Clearly, somthing is VERY wrong with his arm.

If it werent for Chad's entangables as an NFL QB, he would have been done a long time ago.

Abraham was a difference maker for sure, even though I hate the greedy sob.

Chad HAS to be ashamed out there with some of those early throws. If he doesent get his body into every throw, his throws are high school caliber looking.

Seriously, I was watching with some friends and we were like "how is he even allowed to play in the NFL"?

But, I have to admit, later on some of his throws were coming out a bit better. Clearly, somthing is VERY wrong with his arm.

If it werent for Chad's entangables as an NFL QB, he would have been done a long time ago.

What are Chad's "intangibles"

I enjoyed the game. I love it when our defense controls our destiny. I trust them.

That last drive to put the game away, was Chad being a money QB. Thats what separates your average QB from your franchise QB. I was very pumped up about that drive. Alot of clutch 3rd down throws and catches. All around the offense needs improvement, but I liked what I saw in that last drive when our backs were against the wall, the dolpfag D had to make plays, but we took it to them.

Is it me or am I the only one that think Penny still looked like garbage? He was overthrowing receivers all day and his "bombs" got more airtime than some of Ben Graham's punts. He did well on the last scoring drive, but overall he wasn't that great.

I want penny throwing for 280+ and 3-4 TDs. I'd call that a good game.

You always say with the game on the line he needs to drive the team down the field and stick it in the endzone.

Mission accomplished.

Exactly. Chad drove the team down with clutch throws time after time, and put the nail in the dolphins coffin. Thats what money QBs do. He needs to continue this, thats all I am saying.

Anybody who knows football, knows it takes time for a QB to get very comfortable in a new system.

Today was a step in the right direction.

Keep improving.

Great leadership qualities are hard to come by in today's $$$NFL$$$. Thats what I meant by my statment. Brady's got it, Chad's got it, Elway had it...but i'm not going to name them all.

I can name some others that have all the talent that Chad does not have and still find themselves coming up short....Greisie, Manning, Vick, George, ...the list goes on.

Its obvious that if we based Chad on athletic ability alone, he wouldn't be a starting qb...no sugar coating here. And yes, he is also a very accurate qb when he's healthy. He has the respect of his team, thats not an easy task these days.

You always say with the game on the line he needs to drive the team down the field and stick it in the endzone.

Mission accomplished.

I was waiting for that response.

He did a great job with the game on the line, some great timing throws to keep drives alive.

That's what it is all about, not QB rating and completion percentage.

He stepped up big time in a crucial situation.

Chad looked horrid at points and still floats too many balls, but with virtually no running game to speak of and a good defense on the field, he answered.

They couldn't do much througout the middle part of the game, but what impressed me was that when Miami scores to pull within 3, Chad marched them down the field with a great drive, when it counted...

So I think with more an more reps in a new offense and the shoulder getting stronger, he can get closer to his old self. It could be alot worse, he could have 8 int's in 2 games like that mobile QB, with a great arm! :shock:

Chad will be fine IMO. I think he's one of those QB's who needs to get in his rhythm to lead the offense. Next week should tell us alot about how far he's coming along in the new offense. The Jags have an outstanding front 7 that will put some pressure on him. I'm sure he'll take what the D gives him and gain more and more confidence in the new system.

unfortunately i don't think the jets are going to be able to pound the ball on anyone this year. b/w curtis old, tired legs and the o-line i don't see any way the jets are a power football team.

i think success for the jets offense is going to be similar to the pats - lots of short throws and yards after the catch. dinger needs to use the pass to set up the run, especially the draws and sweeps.

Thanks. BTW, what happend vs. the Panthers? I missed that game today.

Fish, you didn't miss much.

The Pats were physically dominated by the Panthers on both sides of the football.

Brady was confused, Dillon looked like a ballerinia dancer and John Fox proved why he is a top 3 HC in the NFL.

Other then that, you didn't miss a thing. :wink:

The Pats were physically dominated by the Panthers on both sides of the football.

Brady was confused, Dillon looked like a ballerinia dancer and John Fox proved why he is a top 3 HC in the NFL.

Are ya ready for next week, Tx? :wink:

I saw Dillons line, and was a wee bit surpised I must say. I guess a physical domination starts at the lines, and if your O-line was dominated, I would imagine that would make it hard for Dillon to get up and going.

He wasn't great last week either, was he? Do you think hes getting a case of "MArtin-ism" and starting to wind down? He's not THAT old yet, is he?

A win's a win, especially in the divsion. Solid effort by the defense. And the offense, while wanting, did the job late in the game.

No style points. Every playoff team-the goal-has games that aren't pretty. Good day. Cannot and will not get silly about critiquing a win.

Gear up for the Jags-another winnable game.

Whoa, Stiller,

The Pats really need to step up their game to even compete next week.

Like I said earlier, good teams bounce back.

This will be a tremendous test for the Pats next week.

A tremendous test for the Steelers as well my friend. I was actually pulling for the Pats to pull that game out today. Who the hell wants to face them after a tough loss? :shock:

Archived