Official Pennington Thread: MERGED

Smizzy

He robbed this Jets organization and should pass go,do not collect $200 and go straight to jail for this theft & deceit.

What a horrible decision by the Jets FO. No need to make anymore excuses folks. Week in and week out it's one after the other.

Face the facts...Chad Pennington is a legit NFL QB...a bottom of the rung QB.

1st rd worthy? Not a chance.

$64M worthy ? Yea right.

This team would be a MUCH,MUCH BETTER TEAM with 2/3 of the other NFL starting Qb's.

Quick question....

If Chad is so smart,does he know he sucks and ripped the jets off?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you honestly say he was worthy of that contract?

Yes. Look around the NFL. Find the QBs who are winning games, who play hurt, who play smart. Find the ones who are leaders, moral and physical. Find the ones who take what they do wrong and make every effort to make it better. Find the ones that give their teams a chance to win.

Now, who is on that list and what are they worth?

Only a bunch of crappy, half is always empty fans would take a win and turn it into a bad thing.

BZ

Yes. Look around the NFL. Find the QBs who are winning games, who play hurt, who play smart. Find the ones who are leaders, moral and physical. Find the ones who take what they do wrong and make every effort to make it better. Find the ones that give their teams a chance to win.

Now, who is on that list and what are they worth?

Only a bunch of crappy, half is always empty fans would take a win and turn it into a bad thing.

BZ

2 things...

1. Im not a crappy,glass half empty fan

2. I didn't turn this win inot a bad thing,great game by the Jets D...Penny however isn't worth the coin his contract demands.

:lol: This is one of your finest threads ever Smizzy. I'll be somewhat respectful but yeah, he's not very good. After watching the game today, nobody here can tell me that he has an even average NFL arm. Christ almighty, I was sitting in my chair when he threw that "bomb" to McCareins. I got up, took a leak then made a ham sandwich (yes I washed my hands) and just as I was sitting back down to take my first bite of the sandwich, the ball gently fluttered from the sky and landed in McCareins' hands.

I'm beginning to lean towards that myself Smizzy. Couldn't get the game today but from all I'm reading - he was way off the money on a lot of tosses short and long until the final drive. He has never impressed me as a guy who can go through his candidates as the play develops and get the pea to the open man. It's like if his primary isnt open - he can go to another option but wasn't mentally prepared to make that throw and consequently is over/under/floating or he's finessing it. Often with poor results. His love affair with Coles is great and we're lucky to have LC back, but J-Mac has been open for 6 plenty with no paydirt. The O line still seems to be allowing a lot of pressure on him - but it's time for him to get his act together or we aint going to any postseason anything.

2 things...

1. Im not a crappy,glass half empty fan

2. I didn't turn this win inot a bad thing,great game by the Jets D...Penny however isn't worth the coin his contract demands.

1. Then why would you start a thread about our QB not being worth it after a big win against a good defense in a tough division?

2. The Defense held their own. They didn't turn over the ball until it didn't matter. They didn't score but the offense did two great drives to score and here you are saying the QB that lead those drives isn't worth it.

Welcome to TX and TS land. Enjoy.

(I am off to bed. Being at the game, screaming my head off has made me tired).

BZ

1. Then why would you start a thread about our QB not being worth it after a big win against a good defense in a tough division?

Because like I said this isn't about todays game...this is something ive realized over his injury riddled career here in NY...He's not worth 64M.

I can't make it any more simple then that.

Any quarterback that can not make every throw required of an NFL quarterback is not worth $64 million. I'd rather have half the QBs in the league than Chad. He has the arm strength of a third-string quarterback and the smarts he displayed in 2002 seem to be eroding more and more. He forces passes into double coverage on third down. He locks in on his primary target. There are currently far more bad things about Chad Pennington than there are good. How is being accurate doing you much good whenever all your passes float like a dead duck?

This team can't win a Super Bowl with Chad Pennington unless he improves drastically. He will obviously always have a sh*tty arm, but he needs to recover mentally from four years of Paul Hackett.

2. The Defense held their own. They didn't turn over the ball until it didn't matter. They didn't score but the offense did two great drives to score and here you are saying the QB that lead those drives isn't worth it.

Welcome to TX and TS land. Enjoy.

(I am off to bed. Being at the game, screaming my head off has made me tired).

BZ

Board Traffic. Nothing more.

This topic has been discussed to death.

Jets won today and we revisit this BS.

I have been saying that this is the year we find out about Chad and from what i am seeing he is just not the elite QB that can win us a championship. No excuses about new offense either- too many locked on receivers and floating passes where guys are wide open . We were lucky to win today with the offensive performance of the team really- but a win is a win

He robbed this Jets organization and should pass go,do not collect $200 and go straight to jail for this theft & deceit.

What a horrible decision by the Jets FO. No need to make anymore excuses folks. Week in and week out it's one after the other.

1st rd worthy? Not a chance.

$64M worthy ? Yea right.

This team would be a MUCH,MUCH BETTER TEAM with 2/3 of the other NFL starting Qb's.

Quick question....

If Chad is so smart,does he know he sucks and ripped the jets off?

Agreed, and agreed. I'll give him time, but so far he looks like wet smelly poo. 64 Million Dollars worth of wet, smelly poo.

He's obviously still shaking the rust off. Even Herm said he wouldn't be in his top form until midseason. Oh yeah, he had 2 TD's, no turnovers, and won the game today. That works for me.

Rust?

The guy couldnt reach his receivers 15 yards down the field.

Chad just doesnt have the ability to press a defense.

unfortunately, i agree w/you smizzy. you have to take into account the fact that he is coming off major reconstructive surgery and will only get better each week.

i think that fiedler gives the jets the best chance to win now but chad gives the jets the best chance to win the super bowl - he just has to improve each week. missing open guys on mid-range passes is unlike him, i assume that will improve. next week is a big test, hopefully he comes to play.

I was very encouraged by that last drive Chad and the Offense put toegether.

Build on that for next week and we will only improve on offense.

Believe it or not, but Chad has an NFL arm. You dont get drafted in the 1st rd if you cant make all the throws. Chad can make all the throws. And today he threw for 2 TDs and 0 ints and we won a divisional game and here we are complaining.

Chad needs to improve, this is obvious.

But based on his last drive, I'll say we are making a step in the right direction.

Rust?

The guy couldnt reach his receivers 15 yards down the field.

Chad just doesnt have the ability to press a defense.

That is rust. Of course he can reach those receivers. He's done it before and he did it in that game. He just made bad throws on those plays. He made several bad throws today. He is coming off a big-time injury and he missed a lot of time in TC and couldn't even throw a ball until June or July. So yes he will be a bit shaky. And oh yeah, what about that pass on 3rd and 12 to McCareins for a first down? He seemed to do ok on that one.

Salary for this season is irrelevant; he's the QB.

He has to be better; the jets won't face a weaker set of DBs than the Fins, and having receivers stopping and waiting for the goose to land isn't going to get it done. He has to hit people in stride.

Still, he managed the clock well in the 4th quarter, and that's something too few NFL QBs can do well. If he can just get back his 2002 game,the Jets can go places.

As pissed off as I was last week, I don't think it's obnoxious to tell the "Chad sucks" guys to take a deep breath and relax. No style points for a win.

Coles and JMac would have had 200 yards receiving each if Chad A)had confidence in his arm to throw over 19 yards B) had the arm to throw over 20 yards without it being the air for 3 years God it was scarey watching his arm today.

We had several opportunities to make really big plays that Chad could not get the ball there on time.

Really do not think anyone can sugarcoat that fact

The game may have not been that close if we had made some of those long pass plays for td's or near td's

That is rust. Of course he can reach those receivers. He's done it before and he did it in that game. He just made bad throws on those plays. He made several bad throws today. He is coming off a big-time injury and he missed a lot of time in TC and couldn't even throw a ball until June or July. So yes he will be a bit shaky. And oh yeah, what about that pass on 3rd and 12 to McCareins for a first down? He seemed to do ok on that one.

The problem with Chad is he has not done it well since 2002. The past two years he has been horrible on intermediate passes. This year he is off to a decent start. If he maintains that pace, defenses will have to respect his arm. :shock:

This year he is off to a decent start. If he maintains that pace, defenses will have to respect his arm. :shock:

I like the guy a lot as a person and as a leader. The stats and the game films often tell different stories. I'm all for sticking with him, taking his last 7 passes, and moving forward. I just dont think we've seen the last rash of floaters/unders/overs. And I really dont think he is good at coming off his primary to hit the guy(s)who have ran great routes and are open for significant yardage if not 6.

Believe it or not, but Chad has an NFL arm. You dont get drafted in the 1st rd if you cant make all the throws.

Chad can make all the throws.

barton, how can you say that with a straight face? :shock:

PennyBoy DOES NOT have an NFL arm.

And PennyBoy CAN NOT make all the throws that NFL QB's need to make.

Did you see that punt he threw to a wide open McCariens?? That should have been a touchdown.

Did you see the end over end pass over the middle to Coles? He's going to get a WR killed one of these days.

Even on his last drive, the throws were mediocre at best. It was more timing then strong throws.

When CB's start playing the Jets WR's in press coverage those timing throws will not work and CB's will be jumping the routes.

I'm still amazed how far off the Phins DB's played yesterday. :shock:

You know at the stadium it didn't appear to me all that bad, I mean I agree he did struggle and that 1 pass to McCareins where he had to catch it like a freakin punt was terrible, but when you watch the highlights, it's even worse, something is not right, his shoulder is not 100%, I don't care what he or Herm is saying.

Archived