AFCE, the weak link in the AFC

Lady Jet

I posted this already, but since I posted it in a Pro/Anti Chad thread I thought I'd see if it would grow some legs on it's own.

Yes, it's just week two, but the AFCE looks like it could be the weak link in the AFC. The east division winner may just be the owner of a "booby prize".

Thoughts?

I don't think it's fair to say the AFCE is the weak link, but I do have my doubts about the second place team getting a wild card appearance this year. I think it's pretty likely the Bengals/Steelers and the Colts/Jaguars will have the wild card spots. A lot can change by the end of the season.

If you want a real weak link, it's the NFCN. I'm half convinced somebody is going to win that division at 6-10.

I agree, it's division or nothing. I know it's only week 2, but if this keeps up, no wild card for the AFC east. I still think we've all taken a big step back. Remember when we had the potential to send three teams?

And yeah, with the new layout, some team, somewhere, (perhaps the NFCN) will someday win a division with a losing record.

I've said since the off-season that the AFC North is what i consider the strongest div. in the AFC. Who could have imagined the Ravens looking this horrible though? I think their D will help them get turned around though. Cincinatti and the Steelers are both off to great starts so far and even the Brownies are 1-1. Palmer and Roethlisberger are headed for 2 big time shootouts IMO, and i have tickets to one of em'! :D

Actually it is way too early to make judgments on teams for the long term- did not a team we know well Pats open 0 and 2 and go on to win Super Bowl

I do feel the AFC East is more bunched up this year than ever- Miami will be improved and Pats and jets and bills might be in a dogfight for the top spot

I've said since the off-season that the AFC North is what i consider the strongest div. in the AFC. Who could have imagined the Ravens looking this horrible though? I think their D will help them get turned around though. Cincinatti and the Steelers are both off to great starts so far and even the Brownies are 1-1. Palmer and Roethlisberger are headed for 2 big time shootouts IMO, and i have tickets to one of em'! :D

I agree. The North is certainly a division to contend with. One of the wild cards, imo, will go here. :)

Actually it is way too early to make judgments on teams for the long term- did not a team we know well Pats open 0 and 2 and go on to win Super Bowl

I do feel the AFC East is more bunched up this year than ever- Miami will be improved and Pats and jets and bills might be in a dogfight for the top spot

I know it's only week 2, but again, I'm feeling it's division title or bust here.

I think it's just a wee bit too early to give playoff spots to the Bungles and the Jags just yet. Yep, they've both looked pretty good so far, but it's still well too early to make that kind of prediction.

Again, I know, it's early.

Still, I'm not feeling very confident this early in the season. Nor should our fellow AFCE'er's.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived