Remember when the Patriots were the team from the "NE" that no one cared about?

Bleed4TheGreen

Once Brady is gone...In about 3-4 years, (Like always), The Patriots will once again become the team from the "North East" that no one around football even cares to talk about anymore, like always.

The Patriots will never be like the Jets or Giants because those two teams are "New York" and the medai will always talk about us, always. The Patriots will never be the Steelers or Eagles either because they will never have those types of die hard-loyal fans, never.

The Patriots will always be the team from the "North East" with fans from Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire along with states like Maine, you know...Fans who never had a team that they could "Call their own"... In about 3-4 years, once NE goes back to being the team that everyone laughs at, those same fans will become fans of the Steelers and Big Ben, the Giants with Eli Manning, the Eagles just because their the Eagles or...Maybe even the Jets with Mark Sanchez...Watch. "Patriot-Nation" cant last long without a HOF winning QB.

In 1970 they went 2-12

In 1971 they went 6-8

In 1972 they went 3-11

In 1973 they went 5-9

In 1974 they went 7-7

In 1975 they went 3-11

In 1976 they went 11-3 (About time)

In 1977 they went 9-5

In 1978 they went 11-5

In 1979 they went 9-7

The Patriots went 66-78 during the 70's...

In 1980 they went 10-6

In 1981 they went 2-14 (Back to the team no one cares about)

In 1982 they went 5-4

In 1983 they went 8-8

In 1984 they went 9-7

In 1985 they went 11-5

In 1986 they went 11-5

In 1987 they went 8-7

In 1988 they went 9-7

In 1989 they went 5-11 (Great way to end the 80's)

The Patriots went 78-74 during the 80's (Nothing to boast about)

In 1990 they went 1-15 (Great start to the 90's)

In 1991 they went 6-10

In 1992 they went 2-14 (Nice!)

In 1993 they went 5-11

In 1994 they went 10-6

In 1995 they went 6-10 (Some winners huh?)

In 1996 they went 11-5

In 1997 they went 10-6

In 1998 they went 9-7

In 1999 they went 8-8

The Patriots went 68-92 during the 90's

It's the offseason, and I just find it sad how most of these Patriot fans around here, laugh at the Jets along with our Franchise, while acting like their the "better" fans and at the same time...It's OBVIOUS that they've forgotten where they've came from...And thats when it gets sad.

It's ok...In about 3-4 years when Brady is 35-36 years old...The Patriots will go back to being the team that was the joke of the 90's, go back to being the team that fans around football don't even think twice about anymore (Like the Raiders), go back to being the fan base that jumps from power house team-2-power house team up in the North East, while being the fans that never post on any opposing team sites anymore because they have NOTHING to "Bragg about" other than being the laughing stock of sports again.

I just find it sad how some of these same NE fans who pound their chest around here, while KNOCKING every Jet fans positive views, are the fans who actually forgot where they have came from...Thats the sad part.

It's ok though...Because the Jets and Giants will ALWAYS be "NEW YORK" (Where the draft in held), the Jets and Giants will ALWAYS be talked about and the Steelers and Eagles will ALWAYS have some of the best fans around. The Patriots? Not so much. The Patriots? Just that..."NE".

It's ok though...Because the Jets and Giants will ALWAYS be "NEW YORK" (Where the draft in held), .

Says the guy who lives in FL and probably has attended ZERO home games in his life.

The Giants are New York, the Jets ARE and ALWAYS WILL BE 2nd rate citizens. I can't wait for people to call the stadium "New Giants Stadium" still.

And it matters where the "draft in held".

Nice research, btw, should help your Basketball career.

That loser isn't me... I'm sure the IP addresses also come from a different state.

Dude, is this your life? to sit here and just write extra homer laden essays about the same nonsense and drivel. And amazingly, you get disrespected by posters both on here and JI, who are just sick and tired of your ramblings, yet, virtually daily, u come back for more as if this were some sick Groundhog Day joke. Don't you have some crossovers to go practice before you embark on your pro hoops career in Kyrgyzstan? You must be a masochist that gets off on being verbally abused. You MUST be this guy:

175px-474px-Phillip_Pip.jpg

Once Brady is gone...In about 3-4 years, (Like always), The Patriots will once again become the team from the "North East" that no one around football even cares to talk about anymore, like always.

The Patriots will never be like the Jets or Giants because those two teams are "New York" and the medai will always talk about us, always. The Patriots will never be the Steelers or Eagles either because they will never have those types of die hard-loyal fans, never.

The Patriots will always be the team from the "North East" with fans from Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire along with states like Maine, you know...Fans who never had a team that they could "Call their own"... In about 3-4 years, once NE goes back to being the team that everyone laughs at, those same fans will become fans of the Steelers and Big Ben, the Giants with Eli Manning, the Eagles just because their the Eagles or...Maybe even the Jets with Mark Sanchez...Watch. "Patriot-Nation" cant last long without a HOF winning QB.

In 1970 they went 2-12

In 1971 they went 6-8

In 1972 they went 3-11

In 1973 they went 5-9

In 1974 they went 7-7

In 1975 they went 3-11

In 1976 they went 11-3 (About time)

In 1977 they went 9-5

In 1978 they went 11-5

In 1979 they went 9-7

The Patriots went 66-78 during the 70's...

In 1980 they went 10-6

In 1981 they went 2-14 (Back to the team no one cares about)

In 1982 they went 5-4

In 1983 they went 8-8

In 1984 they went 9-7

In 1985 they went 11-5

In 1986 they went 11-5

In 1987 they went 8-7

In 1988 they went 9-7

In 1989 they went 5-11 (Great way to end the 80's)

The Patriots went 78-74 during the 80's (Nothing to boast about)

In 1990 they went 1-15 (Great start to the 90's)

In 1991 they went 6-10

In 1992 they went 2-14 (Nice!)

In 1993 they went 5-11

In 1994 they went 10-6

In 1995 they went 6-10 (Some winners huh?)

In 1996 they went 11-5

In 1997 they went 10-6

In 1998 they went 9-7

In 1999 they went 8-8

The Patriots went 68-92 during the 90's

It's the offseason, and I just find it sad how most of these Patriot fans around here, laugh at the Jets along with our Franchise, while acting like their the "better" fans and at the same time...It's OBVIOUS that they've forgotten where they've came from...And thats when it gets sad.

It's ok...In about 3-4 years when Brady is 35-36 years old...The Patriots will go back to being the team that was the joke of the 90's, go back to being the team that fans around football don't even think twice about anymore (Like the Raiders), go back to being the fan base that jumps from power house team-2-power house team up in the North East, while being the fans that never post on any opposing team sites anymore because they have NOTHING to "Bragg about" other than being the laughing stock of sports again.

I just find it sad how some of these same NE fans who pound their chest around here, while KNOCKING every Jet fans positive views, are the fans who actually forgot where they have came from...Thats the sad part.

It's ok though...Because the Jets and Giants will ALWAYS be "NEW YORK" (Where the draft in held), the Jets and Giants will ALWAYS be talked about and the Steelers and Eagles will ALWAYS have some of the best fans around. The Patriots? Not so much. The Patriots? Just that..."NE".

jets from 1970 -00 havent done much. they have 1 division win in 98- and made the tittle game in 82' and 98'

pats won the div. in 78', 86', 96', 97' with 2 afc championships and 2 superbowl appearances.

jets from 1970 -00 havent done much. they have 1 division win in 98- and made the tittle game in 82' and 98'

pats won the div. in 78', 86', 96', 97' with 2 afc championships and 2 superbowl appearances.

This isn't about what the Jets have done...This is a Jets message board. Jet fans know and understand where we came from...We understand that we havn't won a SB since 1969 but you know what? Patriot fans still enjoy posting more on a Jets message board than a NE message board and you know why? Because Patriot fans can NEVER be the type of die hard Jet fans that bleed green with each and every season that goes by. NE fans can NEVER have the type of heart that Jet fans have.

This has nothing to do with the Jets or their history, this has EVERYTHING to do with NE Patriot fans simply forgetting where you all came from all because of recent success. (Just like the Red Sox). It's sad.

Congrats.... 4 positive seasons in 30 freaking years from 1970-2000...4 solid seasons out of 30 freaking years.

Just wait, Brady is just about done! A 32 year old man, coming off a serious knee injury, that actually required season ending surgery.

3-4 years and guess what? The Patriots will go back to being the team that no one cares about, no one talks about...The Bills-Jets-Dolphins make the AFC East...The Patriots? Their about to become the team that everyone never talks about...Just like it's ALWAYS been

This isn't about what the Jets have done...This is a Jets message board.

This has everything to do with NE Patriot fans simply forgetting where you all came from all because of recent success. (Just like the Red Sox).

Congrats.... 4 positive seasons in 30 freaking years from 1970-2000...4 solid seasons out of 30 freaking years.

Bleed4TheGreen and I are always right. No matter what we say. :)

To answer the OP's question, yes I remember when the Patriots were irrelevent. I was rooting for them since the early 80s.

But, I am not old enough to remember when the Jets were relevent.

I am old, but if you remember the Jets being good, you are really old.

Neither am I. I was shatting in diapers the last time the Jets were relevant. I am a few years :bag:from doing it again.

Neither am I. I was shatting in diapers the last time the Jets were relevant. I am a few years :bag:from doing it again.
Uh, even if the Jets blow chunks for all eternity, they'll always be relevant to the *Patriots because they're in the same division.

*dan%20scan.jpeg

This isn't about what the Jets have done...This is a Jets message board. Jet fans know and understand where we came from...We understand that we havn't won a SB since 1969 but you know what? Patriot fans still enjoy posting more on a Jets message board than a NE message board and you know why? Because Patriot fans can NEVER be the type of die hard Jet fans that bleed green with each and every season that goes by. NE fans can NEVER have the type of heart that Jet fans have.

This has nothing to do with the Jets or their history, this has EVERYTHING to do with NE Patriot fans simply forgetting where you all came from all because of recent success. (Just like the Red Sox). It's sad.

Just wait, Brady is just about done! A 32 year old man, coming off a serious knee injury, that actually required season ending surgery.

3-4 years and guess what? The Patriots will go back to being the team that no one cares about, no one talks about...The Bills-Jets-Dolphins make the AFC East...The Patriots? Their about to become the team that everyone never talks about...Just like it's ALWAYS been

Man, I have been around for 45 years and I don't ever remember the jets being relevant. They are the red-headed step child in thier own city.

Man, I have been around for 45 years and I don't ever remember the jets being relevant. They are the red-headed step child in thier own city.

If they aren't relevant, then why do you and the rest of the CHEATERS* trolls come to a Jets board and spend so much time here? Must mean the Jets are relevant or the Cheaters aren't.

But that's OK, as the OP said when Cindy is gone you all will disappear as well.

If they aren't relevant, then why do you and the rest of the CHEATERS* trolls come to a Jets board and spend so much time here? Must mean the Jets are relevant or the Cheaters aren't.

But that's OK, as the OP said when Cindy is gone you all will disappear as well.

Because theres NFL talk here and always a Patriot thread or two.

If they {The Jets} aren't relevant, then why do you and the rest of the CHEATERS* trolls {Patriots fans} come to a Jets {an irrelevant football team's} board and spend so much time here?

I think I can answer this one for the rest of Patriots nation. Following 2004 when we won our third Super Bowl in 4 years and climbed the proverbial "NFL Mountain" we became a legion of Kings. But inevitably Kings get bored of hanging with other Kings who all share similar opinions as themselves. For their kingdoms to blossom , they require peasants and simple uneducated folk. Only then can a King feel the rewards that sprout from his generosity. That is why we are here. We are here to enlighten the misfortunate souls that call themselves Jets fans and welcome you into our kingdoms where you can pay homage by doing exactly what every good opposing rival fan base should do.....HATE our beloved team.

As far as the original posters comments, good job. Keep up the good work. Your ignorance only serves to remind us of the magnificent joy that comes with being a Patriots fan. Following the Patriots is the ultimate fan experience. They play with heart. They play with passion. They play intelligently. The ownership, front office, and coaching staff are all top notch. It would be nice if EVERYBODY could experience the joy of being a Patriots fan but alas, this type of joy is reserved for royalty and your petty IRRELEVANT fanbase will always be the lowly peasants in the NFL food chain. But don't get too depressed. At least you get to enjoy the presence of Patriots Royalty on your message board.

:box:

DWC you sort of put your foot in your mouth with that list.

NE had 17 winning seasons in 30 years. Not too shabby for a North East team.

It's even better than that. In the Super Bowl era, a span of 43 seasons, the Patriots have had 24 winning seasons. Only five teams in the NFL have had more. The Cowboys (32), Dolphins (29), Steelers (28), Vikings (27), and Raiders (26). The Jets, meanwhile, have ONLY had 16 winning seasons.

In those 43 seasons, the Patriots have won 10 division titles (14 1st place finishes) which ranks 9th. The Jets, meanwhile, have ONLY won four division titles. In fact the Patriots have had almost as many seasons where they finished at least tied for 1st place as the Jets have had winning seasons. No wonder they take so much pride in that 9-7 division title from 2002.

In those 43 seasons, the Patriots have won 20 playoff games, a figure surpassed by only FOUR franchises, the Cowboys (32), Steelers (31), 49ers (25), and Raiders (25).

In those 43 seasons, the Patriots have won 6 Conference Championship Games. Only two franchises have won more, the Cowboys (8) and Steelers (7).

And then of course there are the Super Bowls. Only three franchises have won more than the Patriots 3, the Steelers (6), Cowboys (5), and 49ers (5).

When you put it all together, the Patriots rank as one of the most successful five or six franchises in the entire league.

But the best part is that most of it has happened in my lifetime. I was born in 1976, and in my 33 years on this planet, the Patriots have actually been one of the three best franchises in the league. Only the 49ers and Steelers have arguments for being better than the Patriots in that time frame.

It's time for a prayer. Thank you Football Gods for bestowing the privilege of following this wonderful New England Patriots franchise. While we've had our share of down moments, it is those memories that grant us the ability to appreciate the success we currently enjoy. Furthermore, we promise never be like those peasant Jets fans that cheer when their own players get injured. Amen

It's even better than that. In the Super Bowl era, a span of 43 seasons, the Patriots have had 24 winning seasons. Only five teams in the NFL have had more. The Cowboys (32), Dolphins (29), Steelers (28), Vikings (27), and Raiders (26). The Jets, meanwhile, have ONLY had 16 winning seasons.

In those 43 seasons, the Patriots have won 10 division titles (14 1st place finishes) which ranks 9th. The Jets, meanwhile, have ONLY won four division titles. In fact the Patriots have had almost as many seasons where they finished at least tied for 1st place as the Jets have had winning seasons. No wonder they take so much pride in that 9-7 division title from 2002.

In those 43 seasons, the Patriots have won 20 playoff games, a figure surpassed by only FOUR franchises, the Cowboys (32), Steelers (31), 49ers (25), and Raiders (25).

In those 43 seasons, the Patriots have won 6 Conference Championship Games. Only two franchises have won more, the Cowboys (8) and Steelers (7).

And then of course there are the Super Bowls. Only three franchises have won more than the Patriots 3, the Steelers (6), Cowboys (5), and 49ers (5).

When you put it all together, the Patriots rank as one of the most successful five or six franchises in the entire league.

But the best part is that most of it has happened in my lifetime. I was born in 1976, and in my 33 years on this planet, the Patriots have actually been one of the three best franchises in the league. Only the 49ers and Steelers have arguments for being better than the Patriots in that time frame.

It's time for a prayer. Thank you Football Gods for bestowing the privilege of following this wonderful New England Patriots franchise. While we've had our share of down moments, it is those memories that grant us the ability to appreciate the success we currently enjoy. Furthermore, we promise never be like those peasant Jets fans that cheer when their own players get injured. Amen

Like the Patriot fans that want to put Mo Lewis in the HOF for injuring Drew Bledsoe, right :rolleyes:

It's just gonna be funny when fans from the "North East" root for the other NE power house teams once Brady leaves the league in less the 4 years.

It's just gonna be pretty damn funny when the Patriots are the team that no one cares to talk about anymore (Like it's always been).

You know why Jet fans will NEVER post on NE Patriot fan sites, like these guys post around here? Because we don't CARE enough to post on the "NE" sites because "New England" will never be NEW YORK (The Heart of Sports).

Says the guy who lives in FL and probably has attended ZERO home games in his life.

The Giants are New York, the Jets ARE and ALWAYS WILL BE 2nd rate citizens. I can't wait for people to call the stadium "New Giants Stadium" still.

And it matters where the "draft in held".

Nice research, btw, should help your Basketball career.

LOL You're a joke. The article was about New York vs New England. WhyTF are you injecting a Jets / Giants slant to it ? Save your Giants Zen for the appropriate board.

DWC you sort of put your foot in your mouth with that list.

NE had 17 winning seasons in 30 years. Not too shabby for a North East team.

And if anyone would know about putting their foot in their mouth it would be you. :P Yes and I'm sure you've been a "fan" of the Cheaters for all those years. :roll:

It's just gonna be funny when fans from the "North East" root for the other NE power house teams once Brady leaves the league in less the 4 years.

It's just gonna be pretty damn funny when the Patriots are the team that no one cares to talk about anymore (Like it's always been).

You know why Jet fans will NEVER post on NE Patriot fan sites, like these guys post around here? Because we don't CARE enough to post on the "NE" sites because "New England" will never be NEW YORK (The Heart of Sports).

+1 BINGO ::GoJets:

You could not be more clueless. :lol:

When the Patriots lost a 1st round draft pick for cheating, there must have been a problem.

When Congress steps in and gets involved, there must have been a serious problem.

The Steelers have won these SB's the right way...The Patriots? Well...The ** Cheated **

see that's where you're wrong. It's a Jets fan site, but It's a message board for the NFL. It's why you see news stories about all the teams here. There are fans from many teams that visit this site. we have Dolphin fans, Bengal fans, Raiders fans, Ravens fans.

I'm going to say this because Max gave me the responsibility, being a Jets fan is about being objective (and mostly pessimistic). Not about being a homer. Very few people here are more optimistic about the Jets than I am.

That second statement really proves how ignorant you are.

My father is a die hard patriots fan, he went to every game, he lived right down the road from there they practiced in Weymouth. He lived and died with that team for so long, as a season ticket holder. He saw some of the worst football that could ever be played (his words). When they won in 2001, the joy he had was unlike i can ever imagine for him.

Watching Patriots games with him is inseufferable, because he micro analyses everything they do.

To say they are not as passionate as Jets fans is asinine.

see that's where you're wrong. It's a Jets fan site, but It's a message board for the NFL. It's why you see news stories about all the teams here. There are fans from many teams that visit this site. we have Dolphin fans, Bengal fans, Raiders fans, Ravens fans.

I'm going to say this because Max gave me the responsibility, being a Jets fan is about being objective (and mostly pessimistic). Not about being a homer. Very few people here are more optimistic about the Jets than I am.

My father is a die hard patriots fan, he went to every game, he lived right down the road from there they practiced in Weymouth. He lived and died with that team for so long, as a season ticket holder. He saw some of the worst football that could ever be played (his words). When they won in 2001, the joy he had was unlike i can ever imagine for him.

Watching Patriots games with him is inseufferable, because he micro analyses everything they do.

No reason to insult the guy for his opinion.

A couple of things you aren't taking into account:

There are many, many, many Cheaters fans that became fans when Cindy arrived. I dare you to go out and and take a poll and see how many of these "fans" can recall guys like Grogan or Tippett and even know what position they played.

Cheaters fans are the most arrogant fans in all of sports. I happen to be a big time Red Wings fan and have followed them since they were known as the "Dead Wings" (Hello GOB). The Red Wings have been the most successfull team in all of the major sports in the last decade (and done so without cheating), but their fans are no where near as arrogant as the Cheaters fans are.

The Cowboys, 49ers, and Steeler fans are no where near that arrogance level as well when (are) their teams were dominant. Cheaters fans are in an arrogance level all their own.

No offense to your father who is obviously a die hard, but I will really enjoy watching these "fans" disappear and the arrogant jerks crying when Cindy is done and the team implodes.

I think I can answer this one for the rest of Patriots nation. Following 2004 when we won our third Super Bowl in 4 years and climbed the proverbial "NFL Mountain" we became a legion of Kings. But inevitably Kings get bored of hanging with other Kings who all share similar opinions as themselves. For their kingdoms to blossom , they require peasants and simple uneducated folk. Only then can a King feel the rewards that sprout from his generosity. That is why we are here. We are here to enlighten the misfortunate souls that call themselves Jets fans and welcome you into our kingdoms where you can pay homage by doing exactly what every good opposing rival fan base should do.....HATE our beloved team.

As far as the original posters comments, good job. Keep up the good work. Your ignorance only serves to remind us of the magnificent joy that comes with being a Patriots fan. Following the Patriots is the ultimate fan experience. They play with heart. They play with passion. They play intelligently. The ownership, front office, and coaching staff are all top notch. It would be nice if EVERYBODY could experience the joy of being a Patriots fan but alas, this type of joy is reserved for royalty and your petty IRRELEVANT fanbase will always be the lowly peasants in the NFL food chain. But don't get too depressed. At least you get to enjoy the presence of Patriots Royalty on your message board.

:box:

You crack me up!! Can you tell me the source of the crap you're smoking? Mighty fine stuff. It even forced you to wander to a Jets board where we could care less about your Cheaters dribble instead of posting it to a Cheaters board where it belongs. That stuff is better than what you can get in Jamaica.

No reason to insult the guy for his opinion.

A couple of things you aren't taking into account:

There are many, many, many Cheaters fans that became fans when Cindy arrived. I dare you to go out and and take a poll and see how many of these "fans" can recall guys like Grogan or Tippett and even know what position they played.

Cheaters fans are the most arrogant fans in all of sports. I happen to be a big time Red Wings fan and have followed them since they were known as the "Dead Wings" (Hello GOB). The Red Wings have been the most successfull team in all of the major sports in the last decade (and done so without cheating), but their fans are no where near as arrogant as the Cheaters fans are.

The Cowboys, 49ers, and Steeler fans are no where near that arrogance level as well when (are) their teams were dominant. Cheaters fans are in an arrogance level all their own.

No offense to your father who is obviously a die hard, but I will really enjoy watching these "fans" disappear and the arrogant jerks crying when Cindy is done and the team implodes.

Gotta agree there. I've been more active in opposing team MB's lately and by far the Pats fanbase is the most arrogant fanbase in the game. It's like they are follwing Brady's lead. Remember him glaring at Eli before the SB? I can't see myself going back there any time soon.

Ya tink many New Yorkers would change had you guys won a couple SB's soon?

Why would you argue with this mental midget? No one can disagree with him about the Jets. Don't waste your time.

Archived