Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees @ Yankee Stadium Series Thread

Otter

The Sox are falling faster than a Jets late season swoon! I kid, I kid.

Luckily I didn't get to see much of the carnage this weekend. I've never seen a Sox team be in such a funk at the plate. If they can't fix that they are screwed.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when the Sox cut Ortiz this offseason it'll look like he's getting canned for his steroid links

Bay is not worth them re-signing for major bucks. maybe 5-10 mill a year but not the 15 he's looking for.

they should've gone after Holliday.

Thought you'd like to read this from a Sawx fan

What do you think CC?

I think Bay is a very good player who carried the team for much of the first part of the season through ineffectiveness of some and injuries of other. I think he played a lot of games and probably through some innjuries that caught up with him. I think he'd be great in a lineup that was producing around him. I don't think he's the player has been lately nor the one at the start of the season. I think he's a .300/25/95 guy who would be a great complimentary piece of everyone on the team was hitting well.

That being said, I don't think he'll get money like JD gets (and doesn't deserve). He could get more on the open market, but 3/30 wouldn't be out of the ordinary. Given what Dunn and Abreu signed for last season, that seems about right. That being said the Sox have a lot to figure out after they win the World Series at varioud positions.

I think Bay is a very good player who carried the team for much of the first part of the season through ineffectiveness of some and injuries of other. I think he played a lot of games and probably through some innjuries that caught up with him. I think he'd be great in a lineup that was producing around him. I don't think he's the player has been lately nor the one at the start of the season. I think he's a .300/25/95 guy who would be a great complimentary piece of everyone on the team was hitting well.

That being said, I don't think he'll get money like JD gets (and doesn't deserve). He could get more on the open market, but 3/30 wouldn't be out of the ordinary. Given what Dunn and Abreu signed for last season, that seems about right. That being said the Sox have a lot to figure out after they win the World Series at varioud positions.

Very well thought out Carl. Bay didn't sign during the last off season instead waiting for a huge payday this year. He may be very disappointed. None the less I hope the Red Sox do resign him.

The Sox are falling faster than a Jets late season swoon! I kid, I kid.

Luckily I didn't get to see much of the carnage this weekend. I've never seen a Sox team be in such a funk at the plate. If they can't fix that they are screwed.

Gainzo's back! yay! :)

Archived