Another Herm Edwards Quote for the Books

Smizzy

:lol: I can just envision one of Herm's press conferences. It's like that cell phone commercial where the guy talking has this old black dude setting at a drum set. Every time Herm says something he stops and looks at the old guy at the drums and nods. Then the dude busts out a rimshot.

That was preceded by Hermie (quoting Joe Theismann, I suppose) how winning teams run the ball 30+ times a game, and how they had to run the ball a lot.Given that the Jags have the stoutest of run defenses, I have to wonder if he really beleives that. Still,bBoth of these guys played long NFL careers and they still don't get that teams who are ahead late in the game run the ball rather than pass to burn the clock. It doesn't always work out; ask Sean Payton. But if you listen to this nincompoop, you'd think all you have to do is slavishly run the ball every down and victory is practically guaranteed. Which is what Hermie often seems to so order his OC to do anyway.

I like this quote he throws out there from time to time..

"Well, obviously you have to score some points, and the other team just scored more points than us, and obviously that wont win us a heck of alot of football games, and our guys understand that" -Herm

.....classic herm quote, he just uses that same quote when he looses and throws variations of it at the press to switch it up a little bit.

I continue to be amazed at you guys who quote coaches, quote press conferences of coaches, and pretend like you are hanging on their every word, like their is some valuable nugget that is going to be dispensed.

I lay this challenge out-Can anyone tell me any knowledge that they gained, that can be classified as "worthwhile and enlightening", that tumbled out of a coaches mouth? Ever? Jim Mora's "Playoffs?" may be the closest thing we have. And it was done in a moment of hardly lucid.

I will steer you towards quoting Calvin, from "Calvin and Hobbes" if you are looking for a quote.

Heck, look at the gretaest coach in the league today, Bill Bellichick, the man is a drone and damn near unintelligible.

I just don't get this-"did you hear this coaches quote"?

You guys kill Herm for saying too much and being too candid with the media.

Then you kill him when he just Bullsh*ts them as well.

"You can please some people some of the times but you cant please all the people all the time"....Hows that for a quote?....and make sure you give jets 28...aka...Shak quote credits please... :lol::lol:

"You can please some people some of the times but you cant please all the people all the time"....Hows that for a quote?....and make sure you give jets 28...aka...Shak quote credits please... :lol::lol:

Shak I fear you just opened the floodgates! Many people are going to ask about getting pleased now.

Grammar School is officially in session! :roll:

HOW ABOUT "PRETTY DOESN'T WIN"????

I will inform Bill Walsh that he really didn't forge a dynasty based on well-coached, beautiful football according to Herm Edwards. Ditto Jimmy Johnson's surgeon-like running game in Dallas that won three Super Bowls. Herm is ******* retarded.

I just want him to stop saying the word "obviously" in each and every press conference. Its really irritating, since everything apparently isn't so obvious to him when it comes to being and NFL coach.

PS. Did any of you watch the conversation between him and dik curl at the end of the Miami game? It looked like herm said, "why did he do that" and dik curl said "I dont know". I wonder what they were talking about?

Maxman wrote:

You guys kill Herm for saying too much and being too candid with the media.

Then you kill him when he just Bullsh*ts them as well.

There's a very simple solution. Say NOTHING other than coachspeak cliches ("They're a good team and Sunday will be a hard-fought contest, blah, blah, blah...")and read the injury report verbatim. Give up the nonsense motivational speaker gigs and the paid radio and TV shows. Always get the sense he thinks those things are important to his job. And really, they aren't beyond the bare minimum. Bellichick might have the all personality of a urinal cake and the press hates him. It doesn't matter a whit on gamedays or in the standings. Doesn't mean you have to be a jerk. Bur Edwards is ridiculously overexposed for a guy that's won NOTHING.

He just talks too damn much. And when does so for money or his ego(and really thsoe are the only reasons he does this; the Jets franchise gets NOTHING out of any of it other than embarrassment), it becomes annoying as hell, like a mosquito buzzing around you ear.

I kept LMAO all game sunday when stupid CBS kept showing that handout Herm gave to the media on how the Jets win games.

Funny how nowhere on thet handout it said "You have to manage the clock well."

That handout was rediculous.

For week one Herm said that as long as the Jets keep their opponent from scoring no more than 3 touchdowns and 3 field goals that Jets will win, last week it was the handout, I can't wait to see what Herm preaches this week.

That is unless

" I'm not real smart but i know a little bit about certain number you need to try to get to win a football game " - Herman Edwards

was his preaching of the week.

I continue to be amazed at you guys who quote coaches, quote press conferences of coaches, and pretend like you are hanging on their every word, like their is some valuable nugget that is going to be dispensed.

I lay this challenge out-Can anyone tell me any knowledge that they gained, that can be classified as "worthwhile and enlightening", that tumbled out of a coaches mouth? Ever? Jim Mora's "Playoffs?" may be the closest thing we have. And it was done in a moment of hardly lucid.

I will steer you towards quoting Calvin, from "Calvin and Hobbes" if you are looking for a quote.

Heck, look at the gretaest coach in the league today, Bill Bellichick, the man is a drone and damn near unintelligible.

I just don't get this-"did you hear this coaches quote"?

SD this is the 1ST thread ive ever started on a quote or about how dumb herm is.

Hanging on everyword? Dude i avoid his press confrences so my IQ doesn't drop any further.

If it drops two more points,isn't that an automatic lifetime membership the exclusive JI "members only" chat with d!ck Curl?

No...Automatic membership happens when your body weight exceeds 250 pounds and/or you wear flip flops to a football game and send in the stub to prove attendence.

Nothing in life is free....Oh wait....JetNation.com is.

Archived