College Football Saturday

faba

Some big games in the Big 10 today

Michigan-Wisconsin

Iowa vs. Ohio St

USC vs. Oregon- should be high scoring affair

Boston College goes to Clemson on the road for first ACC road game

Any opinions or other games to discuss

What is it about ND that attracts people so much?

d

Everyone in the world is Irish, whether they know it or not.

Except me. Im not Irish. But I like beer, and that spunky little leprechaun mascot. Its like midget boxing. Kinda.

If I were that little leprechaun, I'd be afraid Charlie Weis was going to eat me. Good coach, great appetite.

Everyone in the world is Irish, whether they know it or not.

Except me. Im not Irish. But I like beer, and that spunky little leprechaun mascot. Its like midget boxing. Kinda.

If I were that little leprechaun, I'd be afraid Charlie Weis was going to eat me. Good coach, great appetite.

Everyone in my office are ND fans, they all meet at the local Knights of Columbus Lodge and do their thing. Love it on Monday when they lose!

Why does everyone like Notre Dame? Because, like Michigan, they have a long and storied winning tradition. Why does everyone hate Notre Dame? Because, unlike Michigan, they're assholes about it!

Seriously, besides me, have you heard any Michigan fan be boastful, unless in defense of the school?

I was in the car and I heard that Iowa got the ever lovin sh*t stomped out of them by Ohio State. That defense is something else. Last I heard, Ohio State had like 296 yards rushing. I thought he misspoke. I was wrong. The quarterback, Troy Smith, he had 129 yards rushing, with two touchdowns, plus 189 yards passing and two touches.

Michigan State looks like the truth. Man, they killed Illinois today.

Purdue, as usual, was a pretender.

And, it looks like Virginia Tech might run away with the ACC. FSU got real lucky they didn't have to play the Hokies.

Why does everyone like Notre Dame? Because, like Michigan, they have a long and storied winning tradition. Why does everyone hate Notre Dame? Because, unlike Michigan, they're a$$holes about it!

I guess people like to associate themselves with a winner. Pretty much explains why I'm a Jets/Cubs fan.

:wink:

It's funny though, people here that claim to be ND fans don't even have a clue where the school is.

d

I guess people like to associate themselves with a winner. Pretty much explains why I'm a Jets/Cubs fan.

It's funny though, people here that claim to be ND fans don't even have a clue where the school is.

d

I seriously think its partially the history, and partially the name "Fighting Irish" - no other major college program has an ethnic group identifying with them like that.

d

Heh... true, true. It's why the Cowboys and the Yankees are, generally, popular teams. Same with the Red Wings, Lakers, and other teams like that. They win, and everyone gravitates to a winner, for the most part.

The Cubs are popular more for their infamy than winning... that and they were always on TV, thanks to WGN.

How'd you like to be a Washington Huskies fan today? Your team and it's new coach get stomped at home by his old team, the one that looked like a creampuff when the schedule came out and totally sucked when Willingham ran it. Thanks for coming here, Ty. Aren't they lucky? A little reminder that coaching matters a lot in football, no matter what the level.

Just getting back from Raleigh where I saw the Carolina/NC State game...game ended at 4pm. That's right, I'm just getting back now.

Funny how all I saw in Raleigh today was red state flags, state emblems on cars, etc.

I was one of the handfull of carolina blue flags leaving the facility haha

Oh and I lost my voice but it was totally worth it

What happened to everybodys man love for Michigan? Everyone tore me a new butthole when I said I didn't think they were gonna win the Big 10

Ohio is the real deal holyfield this year I would love to see them get a second chance against Texas that was one of the best games I have seen in recent history.

What happened to everybodys man love for Michigan? Everyone tore me a new butthole when I said I didn't think they were gonna win the Big 10

Ohio is the real deal holyfield this year I would love to see them get a second chance against Texas that was one of the best games I have seen in recent history.

Actually, everyone ripped you apart for going with Purdue. Y'know, the team that lost to Minnesota.

Gotta hand it to Rigs, I asked him what QB he would take if he couldn't take Leinart and he said that MSU QB Drew Stanton was for real. 5 TD's and SMOKED Illinois.

To be fair, Illinois sucks. :wink:

But, last year, MSU was well on their way to beating Michigan, then Drew got hurt. He has a good arm and he is very mobile. And I fully expect MSU to romp Michigan next week.

Actually, I fully expect Michigan to lose 5 games this year. The other losses? At MSU, At Iowa, and Ohio State.

Archived