Very Lucky

PatsFanTX

Posting this from my office at home. We really lucked out on this one.

No damage whatsoever, including no lost trees.

I can't believe how much difference the storm track actually makes. If Rita hit 50-75 miles west of where it did, this would have been a totally different story.

Anyway, thanks for all the well wishes from my Jets family of friends.

Also, please keep Troll in your thoughts and prayers, as I believe he was located fairly close to Beaumont, which actually took a pretty significant hit.

I didn't think you would have a problem Tex..Bush

sent the storm after the people from New Orleans that

were in your state..Or so the Media said...

If Bush can send storms in the direction of folks he doesn't like, how come he cannot straighten out those 2 hussy daughters?

Glad to hear the refineries were spared and gas won't be going through the roof.

The gas deal would have been bad enough, but a large portion of the plastic raw material guys are right there too. They've been lying in the weeds for awhile to put through major price increases which would have impacted a ton of stuff. Hopefully this foils that strategy.

glad all went well tx. you musta left pretty early today. did mgm't ask you to leave by any chance?

Willy, I left the hotel at 7:30 this morning to check the house out (Shelly and the girls stayed at the hotel.)

When I was driving back they said on the radio that the town I live in has lifted the evacuation and we decided to come back home.

Other towns, especially those without electricity, are not lifting the evacuation and are telling folks to stay away at least until they get power restored.

Also, please keep Troll in your thoughts and prayers, as I believe he was located fairly close to Beaumont, which actually took a pretty significant hit.

Glad to hear you made out so well Tex! Excellent news.

My thoughts and prayers are still with The Troll and his mother.

Archived