Red Sox chase for the Wildcard.....

JonEJet

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, I say we back off for the night. Kids gotta be dizzy.

Dizzy? Not particularly. Just tired from wading through posts that have nothing to do with baseball.

It's kind of sad, maybe even a little pathetic, to have to use smiley faces and call names instead of having adult conversation.

Didn't say he didn't. Just wondering if he can be relied on as the #2 starter in the playoffs at his age.

Carl, I would love for Pettitte to be our #2 starter in the playoff this year. Easily over Burnett. His age hasn't really meant much this season to this point, and he has been the very good 2nd half pitcher he's been his whole career. I having nothing but complete confidence sending him to the mound in the playoffs. He has the most playoff strts of an pitcher in league history, and has a knack for getting big wins. AJ is looking better tonight and hopefully he is out of his terrible streak. He has done nothing in the playoffs in the past, but you gotta feel pretty good about your chances with this lineup, HFA, and a 1-2-3 punch of CC, Andy, and AJ.

There's your mature answer you were looking for. :D

Dizzy? Not particularly. Just tired from wading through posts that have nothing to do with baseball.

It's kind of sad, maybe even a little pathetic, to have to use smiley faces and call names instead of having adult conversation.

Alright bro, calm down I think your taking the internet a little too serious.

By the way, I've never seen a thread stay on topic this long. So save it.

Yeah you should try to ignore or answer a question instead of comming back with everything but, then maybe you won't see so much. :baby:

Anyway. Back to the topic at hand.

The Rays are done. No Carlos Pena and shipping off Kazmir is going to hurt them. They're not going to be the Cinderella this year.

The Rangers are going to put up a fight, but their schedule is harder, they're on the road more than at home and they're without Michael Young and have a bunch of young pitchers getting up there in innings. It's going to be much tougher on them than it will be the Red Sox.

Anyway. Back to the topic at hand.

The Rays are done. No Carlos Pena and shipping off Kazmir is going to hurt them. They're not going to be the Cinderella this year.

The Rangers are going to put up a fight, but their schedule is harder, they're on the road more than at home and they're without Michael Young and have a bunch of young pitchers getting up there in innings. It's going to be much tougher on them than it will be the Red Sox.

Your optimism proves you haven't been a Sox fan all that long. Good luck though, I'd rather play the Sox then Texas in the post season.

Your optimism proves you haven't been a Sox fan all that long. Good luck though, I'd rather play the Sox then Texas in the post season.

1. I've been a Sox fan for a long time. I know they can be rather disappointing at times. If you aren't optimistic about your team (excluding the Jets), then what's the point?

2. Why would you rather play the Red Sox? They're a better team than Texas, especially when it comes to the front of the rotation and the bullpen. Those two things are key to post season success.

3. Learn the difference between then and than because as your posts states you want to play the Red Sox followed by the Rangers, which cannot happen based on the rules of Major League Baseball. It could be confusing to some.

Everything he said in that post is true. Th Rangers won't win the WC, they are at least one year away.

Are the Sawx now 8.5 back??

Lol

What does this have to do with the thread? This is about the wild card standings.

The Yankees are having a very good season, no doubt about it. That shoudn't discredit in any way the season the Sox are having. They're 21 games above .500 have the third best record in the American League and the 6th best record in the majors. The Yankees have just been playing great baseball since the AS Break. That being said, they (the Yankees) have a lot to prove come October though.

That being said, they (the Yankees) have a lot to prove come October though.

What do the Yanks have to prove that they haven't all season

They are the best team in baseball

They have the most World Championships in sport

I think all other teams have alot to prove....like a team fighting it out to make the playoffs

I think all other teams have alot to prove....like a team fighting it out to make the playoffs

They are the best team in baseball, as their record indicates. They don't give out a regular season championship though.

The Yankees have to prove that they can win in the postseason, which is a completely different beast than the 162 game marathon.

All of the other teams have the exact same things to prove as the Yankees. Every team has question marks. No team is perfect and flawless. I just think it's a bit premature to be claiming the trophy in August and September.

Get ready to watch the spin fly...

They are the best team in baseball, as their record indicates. They don't give out a regular season championship though.

The Yankees have to prove that they can win in the postseason, which is a completely different beast than the 162 game marathon.

All of the other teams have the exact same things to prove as the Yankees. Every team has question marks. No team is perfect and flawless. I just think it's a bit premature to be claiming the trophy in August and September.

Actually that was not too bad, I'll take this one back.

Archived