We must draft a QB this year....

Latinlawyer

I hate to say it, but the best thing that can happen for the Jets is if Penny is done for the year. I NEVER want to wish injuries upon somebody, but the Jets have pissed away 3 out the last 4 seasons trying to find out if they have their QB. The answer is no.

I am now in total agreement. I was holding out to see if any of 02 would resurface, but we cant bet on the come that it will. Get to work Bradway.

The Jags have a backup QB in David Garrard that will be available for a trade. He's athletic, doesn't have a great arm but is very accurate withing 15 yards. It wouldn't take much to get him.

With Byron getting hit as much as he's been, and our OL unable to protect him, there is no way the Jaguars will let Garrard go. Unless the Jets offer a first (which would be ridiculous on their part), I think the Jags keep Garrard for insurance.

I think the Jets would be better off trading for Rivers. I know some people feel the Chargers can afford to pay both Rivers and Brees, but I don't think that's the case, at least not in the salary cap era.

Why go for Rivers and not just keep the pick and hope for Leinart? Because the Jets would be in the same situation as the Chargers (sort off). They are paying Pennington A LOT of money right now, and should they get Leinart (or any other top 10 QB), they will also need to take the hit of paying that guy's signing bonus/salary aside from eating their first rounder's salary.

By trading for Rivers, the Jets would be getting a cheap QB, signed to a long-term deal which is cap friendly, thanks to his bonus being applied towards the Chargers cap.

Besides, what would be more fun than having Rivers lead the Jets, and Manning the Giants? The media (both NY and national) would have a field day. Too bad their in different conferences, but still. That should REALLLY be an interesting scenario.

Archived