My thoughts on todays game....

jags_teal_curtain

Wow! That one had me screaming & yelling.

First off... as I said when I first signed up.. I am a true fan of football, and very fair.. I can talk about the good and the bad...

The Bad (for Jax):

1) 3 turnovers, our first turnovers all season. good job jets.

2) I said that the Jets D wouldn't score on us.. and they did. Congrats.

3) Jets defense was a little tougher then I expected.

The Good (for Jax):

1) 2-1 !!! If you don't know, Jax has a killer schedule in the first 6 weeks, with most of the games being against playoff teams. (seattle, indy, jets, broncos, bengals, steelers)

2) DEFENSE - we held Peyton Manning & Chad Pennington to a qb rating of 45 or less. amazing.

3) Byron Leftwich - a true soldier... when it was 3rd down in overtimes, Leftwich ignored the oc, and called a slant & go to Jimmy Smith, and it worked. It won the game.

** I think that NYJ is in serious trouble at the qb position, penn & fiedler are hurt, and the young guy might have to start at Baltimore next week...

Anyways, those are some of my thoughts. What's yours?

Good game... I hope that no one is seriously injured. Good luck the rest of the year... I'll be around.

teal, great game indeed.congrats to the jags.exciting game indeed.millers fumble ugh!!!!!MCAEIRENS SHOULDA FIELDED THAT PUNT.that was clutch. I blamr westoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great game .... lefty didn't impress me at all.great d you guys got but your o needes work.... good luck the rest of the wqy

teal, great game indeed.congrats to the jags.exciting game indeed.millers fumble ugh!!!!!MCAEIRENS SHOULDA FIELDED THAT PUNT.that was clutch. I blamr westoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great game .... lefty didn't impress me at all.great d you guys got but your o needes work.... good luck the rest of the wqy

Man, those turnovers had me going crazy.

One other point.. we have held Peyton Manning & Chad Pennington to a qb rating of less then 45 each! That is quite impressive.

The Jags were one stripped ball away from absolute domination. That play and the one where Abraham went unimpeded to the QB and Reed returned the fumble for a TD were the only things that kept this game from being an absolute laugher for you guys. Leftwich got a nice arm, and it's always a pleasure watching a gamer like Jimmy Smith play (even though he only had two catches, I think). As a football fan, I can appreciate players on other teams. Fred Taylor is so under-rated too.

An impressive road victory for the Jags. Good luck the rest of the way.

The Jags were one stripped ball away from absolute domination. That play and the one where Abraham went unimpeded to the QB and Reed returned the fumble for a TD were the only things that kept this game from being an absolute laugher for you guys. Leftwich got a nice arm, and it's always a pleasure watching a gamer like Jimmy Smith play (even though he only had two catches, I think). As a football fan, I can appreciate players on other teams. Fred Taylor is so under-rated too.

An impressive road victory for the Jags. Good luck the rest of the way.

"domination" ??? without the 2 turnovers resulting in 10 points... you didn't have a prayer.

Where did you dominate? not total offense, not total defense, not time of possesion,... where?

Pennington had like a 24.2 qb rating, and Martin was held to less then 100 yds... I understand most of your post... but, you "dominated" us... no, I don't think so... not even close.

"domination" ??? without the 2 turnovers resulting in 10 points... you didn't have a prayer.

Where did you dominate? not total offense, not total defense, not time of possesion,... where?

Pennington had like a 24.2 qb rating, and Martin was held to less then 100 yds... I understand most of your post... but, you "dominated" us... no, I don't think so... not even close.

No, no, no. I meant you guys dominated (outside of those two plays)! The Jets sucked! :lol:

What are my thoughts? Here are my thoughts:

1 - **** you Chad Pennington

2 - Our defense and stupid penalties by Jacksonville are the only reason we were in this game at all.

3 - Our offensive line can't block unless they hold, this is not Curtis' fault, it is the line.

4 - Herm Edwards had his worst coached game, even worse then Baltimore last year.

5 - Where was David Barrett today aside from the 1 play where he stripped and recovered the fumble? Was he napping on about 3-4 passes? Including the final one to Jimmy Smith.

6 - Abraham when healthy is the 2nd best DE in the league, period, doesn't mean I don't have to love the guy though.

7 - Put in Fiedler.

8 - We're screwed.

No, no, no. I meant you guys dominated (outside of those two plays)! The Jets sucked! :lol:

Sorry man.. I thought you meant the other way around... anyways... it was a good game. I've really enjoyed talking to you all on this forum.

ps - I think you all have earned a new semi-fan. I'm going to pull for the Jets this season... unless they are playing the Jags in the playoffs. Their defense was much better then I expected.

Sorry man.. I thought you meant the other way around... anyways... it was a good game. I've really enjoyed talking to you all on this forum.

ps - I think you all have earned a new semi-fan. I'm going to pull for the Jets this season... unless they are playing the Jags in the playoffs. Their defense was much better then I expected.

Hey teal - you wanna send us Garrard? Looks like we may need him. :( Good game and good luck the rest of the way...

What are my thoughts? Here are my thoughts:

1 - F#ck you Chad Pennington

2 - Our defense and stupid penalties by Jacksonville are the only reason we were in this game at all.

3 - Our offensive line can't block unless they hold, this is not Curtis' fault, it is the line.

4 - Herm Edwards had his worst coached game, even worse then Baltimore last year.

5 - Where was David Barrett today aside from the 1 play where he stripped and recovered the fumble? Was he napping on about 3-4 passes? Including the final one to Jimmy Smith.

6 - Abraham when healthy is the 2nd best DE in the league, period, doesn't mean I don't have to love the guy though.

7 - Put in Fiedler.

8 - We're screwed.

I honestly think you guys may be the smartest fans in the NFL. I agree with pretty much everything you guys have said. If Pennington can regain his arm strength the Jets will be fine. If that don't happen, it may be a long year.

He may have been talking about the Chiefs game. [-X

Archived